It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Trump just announced he's ending ALL international military involvement?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Because if everybody does that, than we're stuck in a never ending cycle of war, as every body has done something to support every body, and the various animosities are never ending. It's an absurdly tangled ball of yarn. Sometimes you just need to cut the strings.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Europe, well the EU actually, is the great threat to the world. It's the new Soviet Union.
I only hope that the UK manages to get out and is part of the effort to defeat them WHEN the time comes.

Totally agree UKT
Now they got the whole of central and eastern Europe they couldn't give a monkey about us in the UK. Makes you wonder if defending them against the Warsaw Pact all those decades was really a good use of our resources when it could have been ploughed into our own state / economy instead of sceuring central Europe a region of total war criminals. Wes should have been still allied to Moscow at least they were in the right and still makes one wonder if we'd be better throwing our lot with Moscow come 31/10/19 as an ally to defend us from the EU

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Because if everybody does that, than we're stuck in a never ending cycle of war, as every body has done something to support every body, and the various animosities are never ending. It's an absurdly tangled ball of yarn. Sometimes you just need to cut the strings.

The Sunni and Shia did nothing, the Kurds helped us, twice.

We have a very poor history of sticking our nose in places it doesn't belong and then effing over the people that we asked for help when we did it.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

So your solution is we keep sticking our noses where they don't belong forever, and keep going where they don't belong, following every ally we've ever made into every conflict they find themselves and getting into conflict with every group they do, forever, until their enemies are wiped from the earth, or somehow made to peacefully cumbaya with each other?

What are we? Wookies? Have we as a society made a life pledge or something? If you help a lady cross the street do you continue helping her, her whole life? Do you eternally sacrifice your lively hood when someone lends you some change because you were short on groceries?
edit on 10/7/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Good call President Trump ! Want proof ? See here : www.mediaite.com...

edit on 7-10-2019 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Good point.

But how should one adress the policies of an ideology you did not subscribe to but yet inherrited?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You know it!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Raggedyman

Did the Kurds fight in support of the United States? Yes. Did the United States pledge it's support to the Kurds? Yes.

End of story. You don't treat allies as disposable wipes.

That is an opinion.
I don't think that the US is obliged to the Kurds because you think so

That whole are is a black hole, nobody gets out alive

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

All 25 maybe 50 support troops in Syria would not be able to help the Kurds. Do you advocate that we attack an allied NATO country ? We have failed the Kurds many times and perhaps too many times. The Kurds have ambitions of their own, looking for an autonomous region to call their own. I do not have the answers but more military action on our part is not an answer that will help the Kurdish fighters.

Perhaps it's time for the Middle Eastern countries to step in and police their own region. Maybe the EU can muster enough gumption to handle the region, and perhaps be more successful than our own policies of destroy and leave as we have done over and over. Time for change and time for other avenues to be explored other than more blood in the sand

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: harold223

Abandoning all international military involvement hey? As an Australian, I'd better start learning Mandarin.

You've given your country away to radical leftists already, so you may as well be part of China. Best of luck.

Say what? The Liberal party (Australia's conservative tories) have been in power for 6 years now. They just got re-elected again in May? Your confused my man, Australia right now is further to the right than it has ever been.

Lol, you actually believe that the govt you elect determines the trajectory of your society
Cute.
Australia is the model of how a population can be forced to go against their nature in the name of leftist dogma.

I actually hope China does take control of Australia. Like I said - you're well suited.
Certainly no effort should be made by Western countries to support you lot, military or otherwise, should you find yourself at the mercy of China.

You really have no clue. Australia has spent the last 20 years dismantling its “leftist” social programs. Our current government is right now waging war on the welfare system. As for your comment regarding China. Mate... seriously, if you said that to my face rather than over the screen you’d be eating soup through a straw...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: harold223

I'm not sure it will be China. China built the great war to keep the rest of the World out. I think the Chinese have a culture of isolationism. They can be very racists to the "gwailou"'s.

at maybe, hopefully... But they are hungry for resources. Point is, there could be unpredictable consequences to the power vacuum.

How is the US dialing back Middle Eastern conflict creating a power vacuum in regards to China's posture in the Pacific?

If anything, it leaves us in a better position to respond to increased aggression by freeing up our assets.

I'm more addressing the isolationists sentiment in general that some have mentioned here and I have seen mentioned many times before. The US can go full isolationist, leaving the world to its own devices, but it would leave a power vacuum that might have some unintended consequences. A question I guess... To those that want America to stay out of world affairs, how far does that go for you? Would you still defend Europe from Russia or Asia/Pacific from China?

Germany, currently the state of Europe is stuck in a Hitlerian nightmare. Unified Europe (EU) led by Germany. One Currency one giant Country with no nations just the EU oh and CERN watch the dedication ceremony for that Satanic money pit. I saw it months ago and it keeps popping up in head as that is some f'd sh1t. The real fear should be of Germany/EU.

China wants control of the waters surrounding it sounds protectionist/isolationist. Russia supplies the energy to Europe while reaping in the profit why would they want to attack their cash cow?

Why should we defend Europe the majority of our ancestors left it because of how awful it is? RE:CERN.

With the USSR Dissolved with Trump ready to destroy the CIA/NASA it all plays out to the re-assimilation of NAZI spies as laid out at the end of WWII to German homeland. Study Joseph Farrell for the real threats we face instead of the msm propaganda.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Im unsure what being an isolationist nation would look like these days... given how commerce is and etc. Believe me, if we go Mil isolationist it all gonna look funny. Im looking forward to inhouse sales of discount war hardware and bangy thingies though..

We were playing some ww3 game and I was the Americas Union.. North, Central, and South America solidified into a union. Yeah, I was speaking Russo-Chin-Farsi by the end.. In real life, who knows

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
So your solution is we keep sticking our noses where they don't belong forever...

Where did I say that? You have some sort of major reading comprehension issue?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
But how should one adress the policies of an ideology you did not subscribe to but yet inherrited?

I don't think ensuring that our allies get overwhelmed is an ideology, it's more of a sound foreign policy stance. I want to see what these supposed Turkish sanctions look like and how serious we are with enforcement.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
That is an opinion.

If you think supporting your allies after you say you will is an 'opinion' you're about as trustworthy as our foreign policy which is to say not at all.

I don't expect everyone to have integrity, you prove that point quite well, I do expect my country to try and have some in its dealings with people who have helped us.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Sanctions will be harsh....I'm sure.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

That is an opinion.

If you think supporting your allies after you say you will is an 'opinion' you're about as trustworthy as our foreign policy which is to say not at all.

I don't expect everyone to have integrity, you prove that point quite well, I do expect my country to try and have some in its dealings with people who have helped us.

I thought the US were there to help them, I thought the US did help them
The question is, how long, till it’s resolved, will it ever resolve? Will the US be there for ever

Sledging me? Because at some stage you have to pull, you have to let your children look after themselves, some oedipus complex, forever a parent and no responsibility to the child?

Letting the Kurds find their own way is not treachery, it’s responsibility
Trump has even stated he will go back in if need be

What’s your problem?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Letting the Kurds find their own way is not treachery, it’s responsibility.

The Kurds cannot stand on equal footing against the Turks. They need some sort of support.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Now, watch closely how the leftist lust for war will go on display, simply by virtue of Trump not wanting it...... 

Its baffling isn't it? .... well no not really. Those in charge of the Democrat party are not "leftists" they are "Meists". They make their money off the MIC like everyone else and if anything gets in the way of that money flow its got to be dealt with. It just so happens that it is the Republican leader who is calling for less "armed conflict" so the Democrat leadership must be activated to end his meddling. They can't sit on the side lines being the useful opostion this time.

When I chose to support Trump in 2016 I did so with idea that the Democrat leadership would finally be exposed as the hypocrites they are to their party base; I just never thought it would go this far (that they would publicly show they are thirst for war); I also assumed that their base would start to reject them over stuff like this before this point. I guess I was mostly wrong on that point (though I have heard some are walking away). Perhaps Trump needs to be in office another 4 years in order for the band aid to be completely pulled off.

edit on 8-10-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Letting the Kurds find their own way is not treachery, it’s responsibility.

The Kurds cannot stand on equal footing against the Turks. They need some sort of support.

Every modern US armed conflict can be justified like that. Does that make those actions virtuous now?

Iraq with no WMDs had to be fought because the Shiites couldn't "stand on equal footing against" Sadam.

The South Vietnamese couldn't "stand on equal footing against" the North.

edit on 8-10-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join