It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Trump just announced he's ending ALL international military involvement?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
WOW - can't wait to see where this goes and now I'm wondering if the rumors of Trump activating US Marine reserves for an impending domestic situation are linked?

Now, watch closely how the leftist lust for war will go on display, simply by virtue of Trump not wanting it......

edit on 7/10/2019 by Sublimecraft because: ?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Has Trump just announced he's ending ALL international military involvement?

Sounds like he has tired of the mess in the Middle East. Doubt he will suddenly end all mil cooperation with other countries.

Cheers

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

See finially someone at the helm who gets it.

And -

On a side note, just imagine the money that can then be redirected into the economy.
Priceless.

edit on 7-10-2019 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Good. Another conflict we are staying out of. Hope he keeps this up. There’s other places we are engaged in that we can leave too.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
That is great news. Let the countries work it out for themselves.

+32 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

An end to endless war is the #1 priority for me in any election cycle. I value life.

I cannot applaud this enough, and hope it actually happens.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
wow, thats a statement alright!

Turkey, Europe, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Russia and the Kurds will now have to figure the situation out

amazing... is he literally going to pull all troops out of the entire region/s? where is our focus being redirected to now?

In saying that, abandoning the Kurds is cruel and heartless, no one will trust us as a temporary battlefield ally again
edit on 7/10/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
He always preached about common sense, I believe he has it. Maybe not in his personal life but at least for the American people.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
wow, thats a statement alright!

Turkey, Europe, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Russia and the Kurds will now have to figure the situation out

amazing... is he literally going to pull all troops out of the entire region/s? where is our focus being redirected to now?

In saying that, abandoning the Kurds is cruel and heartless, no one will trust us as a temporary battlefield ally again

I think you are missing the picture, we have supplied them with the hardware to fight their wars.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

rumors activating US Marine reserves for an impending domestic situation are linked.

Afraid they aren’t true at all...

Linky

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Have a read of that link and put this series of tweets into that context. Figuratively speaking, I feel that something big is about the hit the shores of the US, politically, socially and ultimately financially....

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

“It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. War is hell.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

link   

RE: "watch closely how the leftist lust for war"

I have no idea what this is about. Hippies were traditionally pacifists.

And

I think maybe you are confusing the politics of Lyndon B. Johnson as to what it means to be a leftist. He was Democrat and a warmonger. But just remember a Democrat from Texas is further to the right than a Republican from New York. Right and left is a relative label.

edit on 7-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
He always preached about common sense, I believe he has it. Maybe not in his personal life but at least for the American people.

Indeed he has it.

But -

Makes a person wonder, just what does he know???

The timing is very suspicious. But we can trust him.

Excellent indeed.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

rumors activating US Marine reserves for an impending domestic situation are linked.

Afraid they aren’t true at all...

Linky

I respect Zaphods contributions and will take that under advisement as events unfold from here.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
A lot of bitter reality in that region of the world. One part of that reality is that not all Kurds are angels on earth. I bear them no ill will and I don't want to see them chastised by people like the Turks or Iranis. But reality is, "making the world safe for Kurdistan" is an endeavor that will trigger another endless war.

Let's see a large contingent of French and German soldiers over there to protect Kurdish interests. Who knows, they might be able to work better with the locals than we do.

Cheers

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

If Trump ends the endless war I would have to reconsider voting for him.

There is no amount of money we can spend or bombs we can drop in the Middle East that will make an iota of difference. The Middle East has the most suicidal self-destructive belligerent people on the planet. The Middle East is never going to have peace. The promise land was full of people when the chosen people got there and it's been war ever since.

The only way to solve the problem in the Middle East for the entire rest of the World's population to leave for the stars and leave the Earth and the Middle East behind.

edit on 7-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

An end to endless war is the #1 priority for me in any election cycle. I value life.

I cannot applaud this enough, and hope it actually happens.

It's a game changer, the dems can't come back from this. If he follows through, hands down 2020 is in the bag - 100%

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I'm torn 75/25 on this one.

75% I'm for ending or at least dialing back needless wars.

25%, while I don't think we should be using the Kurds as a proxy, we still have leverage on Turkey, and the Kurds have helped in good faith on a number of occasions. I don't think we should just let Turkey have their way with them, we should at least say there will be sanctions or material support pulled from the table if Turkey attacks an ally.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
25%, while I don't think we should be using the Kurds as a proxy, we still have leverage on Turkey, and the Kurds have helped in good faith on a number of occasions. I don't think we should just let Turkey have their way with them, we should at least say there will be sanctions or material support pulled from the table if Turkey attacks an ally.

Pissing on the Kurds heads would be par for the course for us. We love giving people a false sense of hope before ditching them for the next War du Jour.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join