It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia teacher fired for not calling Trans kid he

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Thank you for posting those links. I totally missed that when it happened. This is really disturbing. Medical doctors with actual medical training and degrees who warn of medical dangers lose jobs... while psychologists with no medical training or degree recommending these drugs for a mental/emotional disorder are given "expert" status.

Josephson said he spoke as he did because he saw parents and children being harmed by these gender treatments.

"These kids are, for the most part, very vulnerable people. You can see that when you spend time with them. Certainly, the teenagers have multiple problems. Most of the time, 60 or 70 percent of the time, depression, anxiety, substance abuse, they’re hurting people. And parents are confused because they’re basically getting one message from medical and mental-health professionals and that is 'affirm people,'" he said.

(Bolding mine)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

What do you mean?

Facts and actual data should not be taken into account when 'feelings" are the new truth.... LOL

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: Boadicea

What do you mean?

Facts and actual data should not be taken into account when 'feelings" are the new truth.... LOL

Silly me... whatever was I thinking?

Oops! There I go again -- thinking!

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: JAGStorm

I look at it as a mental disorder, which I think a lot of people would agree with..

Well what do we do with people with nonviolent mental disorders we cannot even really begin to treat??

We humor them...

If some autistic kid is conviced he wants to grow up to be a ninja turtle, do we beat them over the head with the fact “they will never be a real ninja turtle!!”??

Hell no....

We give them a mask and some foam nunchucks and say “have at it hoss”....

So I think of trans bashing in the same way... basically your picking on an autistic kid.. which is really , really crappy.

Um, I don't think we do that at all. Because eventually that kid will want the real thing. And what will he do when we say no, after humoring him for so long?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: JustJohnny

Then the kid should be considered special needs and shouldn't be in a regular school.
A teacher is being punished for a situation they were not trained to deal with.

That's correct.

Buuuuut, they will say its harmful to consider this special needs.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Actually my response was that the premise is inaccurate..

We separate kids who cannot preform the classwork. Not because they are special needs.

Just from personal experience there was a SEVERELY disabled kid in my class , but was arguably the smartest person there..

So disabled he was extremely hard to understand and would get caught masterbsting in class..

The disabled part is not what decides who is in a separate class.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Its not even religion. Its reason, truth, and logic.

Forcing the denial of science into classrooms can only decay education. Next up...Brawndo gives you electrolytes.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Does it really seem shocking that a medical dr might look at a problem and see a medical solution and a psychologist see a mental problem?!?!?

That seems like a good old fashioned human bias problem to me..

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny
Sorry but no, we do not "humor" mentally ill people by supporting their delusions. And to state categorically that their delusions as young kids who haven't even hit puberty yet is "untreatable" is just idiotic.

In the large majority of cases they'd more than likely grow out of their delusions and grow into a normal adult, if not for their peers/parents/society desperately trying to ignore the reality of their mental illness.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I had trans patients working in a psychiatric hospital. I would not use pronouns because they were a he not a she. I wanted to be respectful though so just used names.

This teacher should win in a just society.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

This teacher should win in a just society.

Or a society that protects and defends free speech.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ridiculous overreach.

We know an brilliant electronic engineer who is trans, it seems weird to have to think about how to refer to him/her.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Electrolytes are what plants need!

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Electrolytes are what plants need!

I don't know if they need it, but they sure crave it!

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I would have gotten myself fired as well. I shouldn’t have to play make believe with these nut jobs.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Takes one bad night in a gay bar to go back.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Getting fired for this is wrong in every way, I hope there is a winnable lawsuit..especially since this was a slip up.

Having said that, there is no harm in accommodating.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Having said that, there is no harm in accommodating.

If only that were true. The fact is, by being "accommodating" you are enabling & reinforcing their delusions, which may well make the difference between them simply coming to their senses/growing out of it, and going beyond the point of no return (irreversible surgery/treatment) which in a large percentage of cases they seriously regret doing. On top of that it perpetuates the idea that it's a perfectly "normal" thing to do, and you're contributing to/enabling a society that's hell-bent on pushing the envelope to new extremes almost everyday.

Do we pretend to the crazy person that hears voices in their head that it's real and to keep listening? Or do we gently break it to them that those voices are not real and to ignore what they have to say?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko
Not addressing them as they like will not change their perspective, I don't think it enables, or not.

I don't really care how an adult chooses to be, it harms no one really. Schoolkids I agree is a problematic thing.

I myself, would hesitate to compare schizophrenia to transgender, but I understand how a person could view it like that.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Bluntone22

We don’t separate autistic kids who can keep up with the school work..

If they can keep up with the classwork is what decides if the kid is in a special class.... not if they have ticks of some kind.

Exactly.

My son is on the high end of the spectrum, but he stayed in his school, and with a little help from a paraprofessional for a few years when he was in elementary school, he really excelled.

He graduated with honors and is now a senior at UCONN where he is also on the Track teams (both winter & spring) and the X-Country team (his favorite sport).

I speak with him twice a week and yes, I am damn proud of him!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join