It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds Come Forward Seeking To "Detransition" After Gender Reassignment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

I don't buy this "autism" excuse for everything. I remember when autism was a discrete disorder for a set of clearly defined symptoms. Then it became a "spectrum" that allowed for anything as minor as some misbehaving in the classroom (ho boy would *I* have been in trouble!).

So pretty much any misbehaving, awkwardness, shyness at this point is considered "autism".

Yeah, I agree it's gotten out of hand. When my son was in school, they tried to tell me he might be on the autism spectrum... all because he'd finish his work before the other kids and start goofing around. Not that this was a good thing for him to disrupt the class, and I made that very clear. I ended up getting him extra books and paper and stuff to keep him occupied if he finished his work early.

But he was functioning just fine. He was always bright, did his school work, had lots of friends, played in sports -- quite functional all the way around! It seemed to me that he wasn't the problem, but that his teachers/classes didn't challenge him enough. I often got the feeling that teachers had a general idea of what was "normal," and if anyone deviated for any reason it had to be a problem -- not just personality.

(Teachers didn't like me... at least not in middle and high school!)

My nephew has "asbergers" or some such, but really his parents never bothered to teach him how to behave, how to be polite, never disciplined him, they let him run wild and now wonder why he runs wild as a teen. Enter (a) the pharmacy companies; and (b) the anti-vaccers.

It's really a shame how little effort or thought is put into parenting these days. I was considered quite harsh as a mother by many people, but I looked at parenting very differently than many. I knew I was raising adults -- not children. They already knew how to be kids! We really did ourselves a disservice -- we did our kids a disservice -- when we sent both parents off to work and basically left our kids to fend for themselves. I don't care if it's mom or dad, but one parent should be home actually parenting.

But I know that's not a popular opinion. My very successful businesswoman sister will probably never forgive me for thinking that the best stay-at-home-parent will always beat the best working parent.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

When my son was in school, ... he'd finish his work before the other kids and start goofing around. Not that this was a good thing for him to disrupt the class, and I made that very clear. I ended up getting him extra books and paper and stuff to keep him occupied if he finished his work early.

But he was functioning just fine. He was always bright, did his school work, had lots of friends, played in sports -- quite functional all the way around! It seemed to me that he wasn't the problem, but that his teachers/classes didn't challenge him enough.

You just described me back in the late '70s.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Anyone bothered to read the part that says no data, making this thus far 3 page thread hogwash along with the hysteria?

Hysteria, eh? Thanks for making your misogyny clear. I appreciate knowing exactly who you are.

First and foremost, lack of evidence does not equal evidence of lack.

Especially when Trans Activists and the Trans Agenda bullies and intimidates anyone and everyone who tries to research and develop appropriate data sets. That alone tells me that Trans Activists know that their "reality" is based upon lies and deception.

Second, there is plenty of data. As noted in the OP and elsewhere, which prompts tantrums and crying and whining about the awful transphobes and bigots who want to erase trans people... waaaaahhh!!!!! Research begins with anecdotes and personal experiences.

The outright cruel and sadistic refusal of the Trans Activists to consider and address the very real problems created by forcing "gender affirmation" on kids experiencing the normal angst of puberty and growing pains is despicable. Not to mention that Trans Activists are HAPPY to break these kids, to chemically and surgically main and mutilate healthy and whole bodies for their purposes -- especially for their sexual fantasies -- is horrifying.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I was looking into transitioning, even seeing therapists. Money and life situations prevented it. I am forever grateful for this fact.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You just described me back in the late '70s.

LOL! Then you're in some very good company!!!

Yeah, I think my kids are pretty awesome if I do say so myself

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I was looking into transitioning, even seeing therapists. Money and life situations prevented it. I am forever grateful for this fact.

May I ask what/how you came to accept yourself as is? If I'm getting too personal, feel free to tell me so -- or just ignore me! I'm really not trying to intrude.

My thought is that if you could make peace with yourself, then your experiences may help others learn to make peace with themselves.

Of course everyone's experiences and situations are different, but there must be some commonalities.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Didn't we already have this conversation?

Mostly, time. Time to get to really know myself.
edit on 10/9/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Boadicea

Didn't we already have this conversation?

Maybe we did. I'll take your word for it. But I don't remember...

Mostly, time. Time to get to really know myself.

I like that answer. It's pretty awesome when we get to know our own self and like what we find. Especially because it's a great foundation to further explore our potential and build upon.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
None of you walk in their shoes, remember that.

You're right, but the interview I posted is someone who walked those shoes, walks them every day because they *are* his shoes telling us what his experiences are and have been.

He is one of the self-described detransitioning.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: Bloodworth

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Bloodworth
I think it goes as deep as there are chemicals in either the food or the plastics we use that are changing the chemical composition of these kids.

Were are the big old natural boobies?

Girls are more masculine today and boys more feminine.

Bingo!

One bizarre characteristic of fish exposed to hormone-disrupting water pollution is the presence of female egg cells growing in the testes of male fish, a condition termed “intersex.” Intersex fish are occurring around the globe, even in wildlife refuges, illustrating the power of aquatic pollution to infiltrate even supposedly pristine areas.

fishbio.com...

This hormone-disrupting pollution is in our water and air and combined with past toxic pollution we are drinking and breathing in a toxic soup, which is affecting our and our children's brains and behaviours.

As for the OP, how much is peer pressure, how much is hormone-disrupting pollution, how much is immaturity and low self-esteem and confusion? Or is it a little bit of all of them?

Research is desperately needed in key areas, as explained below.

The ENIGI researchers hope that the emerging results will help to tease apart some ‘nature versus nurture’ controversies about the differences among genders. People who transition early in life, for instance, might have different brain characteristics from those who transition later, owing to the way their brains are shaped by societal gender roles or biological factors, such as hormones during puberty. Researchers debate what kind of differences — if any — exist between male and female brains, and many such studies have been poorly interpreted. But scientists who study gender issues think that the confusion could be partly the result of a simplistic view of sex and gender identity. “I don’t think there is something like a male or female brain, but it’s more a continuum,” says Baudewijntje Kreukels, a neuroscientist at Amsterdam University Medical Center who works with ENIGI.

www.nature.com...

Is this an orchestrated move or is it accidental.

Seems less accidental and more of a push?

You can tell when something is being forced upon people.

And if it is orchestrated, who is responsible.

Liberals? Lol

You have to admit, it is a fantastic way to reduce the population.

Encourage parents to castrate boys and chemically destroy girl's ovaries.

Never thought of it that way until you mentioned it.

I had thought that was one reason homosexuality was being pushed as a fashionable lifestyle, glamorous lifestyle, one that should be sought after as ultimately cool. This image is all over TV, movies, and other propaganda sources that are paid for by the ultra rich who are doing all they can to control and manipulate society and the world.

It is the only way to have 100% baby free sex. Either ensure you are castrated or go gay. Every other means of birth control has a failure rate, and as over sexualized as our society is with such a high value placed on having sex when you want, how you want, and as much as you want with no strings attached, the idea that sex always has that chance to saddle you with a baby ties in to the left's love of abortion -- they resent being tied down with that unwanted responsibility and consequence.

Going trans, making your kids (the unwanted side effect of ultimate hippie free love) sterile is ultimate expression of parental and societal love. They'll be free like you never were being a parent yourself.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
A peek at Illinois' new LGBT+ curriculum. It goes down to as young as 3.

It has some really disturbing elements like this one:

Other parts of the curriculum suggest to these small children that enjoying dress-up, playing with “boy toys” or “girl toys,” or loving people of either sex or both sexes might mean they are gay or transgender. It also tells children that clothes communicate nothing about one’s sex.

Telling kids as young as 3 that if they enjoy things more for the opposite sex, they might actually be gay or trans! That's just wrong! You don't do that to a 3-year-old.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Lysergic

I believe there are truly people that have been born in the wrong body. I also believe this is a very, very rare thing.

We have taken mentally ill and confused youth and encouraged them to make life altering decisions. It is so wrong.
It seems now it is a hip thing in high school to be trans.
When Being Politically Correct, like the Outraged Pod people Many have become is crammed down your throat... Loners seeking acceptance, are easily duped...And now will find reduced pleasure in intamacy, because they got their bits sawed off from peer pressure to be accepted as Norm and Cool...

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Very interesting thread OP. I do believe becoming a transgendered person is becoming a trend and I think grown transgendered as well as young have many regrets later on.

Here is a thread I started on virtually the same topic but more about adults who transgendered and what they went through in backlash from the LGBT communities when they wanted to detransition.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

At least you didn’t get flamed like I did on that thread .. it was sickening fighting off such hatred simply for putting some facts out there.

edit on 11-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join