It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas City: Gunman on run after four shot dead in bar.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Post Removed by Staff
edit on 10/6/2019 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oh, and we have Independence as a 'burb. It used to be the meth capital of Missouri at one point.

My friends who live there call it Methlehem.

And it was the meth capital of the whole country.
edit on 6-10-2019 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Ah, memories of old Johnny Dare Morning Show parodies ...

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Why is a drunk guy at a bar news?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
They are reporting this was a members only bar, so maybe a member who got barred or disgruntled ex employee, but not likely as someone would have recognized them.
Drugs/gang dispute ?
Bar fight go WAY out of control ?
Hell, it could have been over sports.

I spent some time in Kansas City for a job I had some years ago. There are 2 distinct parts of the city that lie in 2 different states that are separated by the Missouri river - Kansas City, KS and Kansas City, MO.

The KS side of the city has some pretty draconian drinking laws and regulations. In certain parts of the city, there are no "real" bars - they are Members clubs...but it's a bar, believe me. When I was there, you could become a member immediately for $5. You got a membership card and everything.

It was interesting but bizarre to this New Yorker...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, and we have Independence as a 'burb. It used to be the meth capital of Missouri at one point.

I've lived in the KC area most of my life, and am currently in Independence. I was instructed by a friend who grew up here that the term "Methdependence" can no longer be used, as the meth problem is cleaned up. BTW, Kansas City is the "burb," and an uppity one at that.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

If you wonder at Kansas liquor laws, keep in mind that Kansas is traditionally a "dry" state...settled by Yankees and all that.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Actually, it's JOCO and the OP that think they're better than everyone else.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
a reply to: Riffrafter

If you wonder at Kansas liquor laws, keep in mind that Kansas is traditionally a "dry" state...settled by Yankees and all that.

Kansas is the prefect example of what happens when you have "moral majority" Republicans and Progressive Democrats trading government back and forth. Both sides grow it "for your own good". The government never shrinks. It just changes it's focus on how exactly it tries to run your life.

I grew up there.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Local news released the names of the gunmen last night and they're both not in the typical mass shooter demographic, so expect this story to evaporate quickly.

Nothing to see here, folks, just typical gang violence. They might not even be here legally.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join