It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

As created beings, we are only capable of understanding and/or apprehending concepts that exist within the confines of our creation. We are limited to what exists within our own created construct. For example, if you were God and you created a new dimension inside a rubber balloon filled with water, then the beings inside that balloon would only understand hydrogen, oxygen, and whatever ingredients make rubber, because that is all they would have at their disposal. They could only know what they have access to. Everything outside that balloon that was not made of water or the ingredients to rubber would be incomprehensible to them because they have no way of perceiving it. It would be like trying to describe what fire was to something made of water that lives in water, for lack of a better analogy. And since God exists outside the confines of our created space, we cannot comprehend God nor describe Him. We can only apprehend what He enables us to within the confines of creation, thus our understanding of Him is necessarily limited. And our attempts to describe Him usually only devolve into contradictory absurdities.

God is a personal multi-dimensional being, yet He is even more than that because He is more than what human words and concepts (which is all we have access to within the confines of creation) can describe. We can know He is personal because we are personal, and we cannot be greater or more developed than that which created us. A net of understanding cannot be cast around something that cannot be contained, and that exists outside the plane of creation. Is God conscious? Yes. Is He consciousnesses? No, He is more than that. God cannot be imprisoned. And we are not imprisoned either, unless we choose to be, John 8:32.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Nothin

I have never understood which is sillier to believe, ''Everythinig out of Nothing'' or ''Nothing out of Everything''

Neither makes any sense to me. I fall rather firmly in the middle of ''Something out of Something''.

Hi T-MAC.
Possibly a good thing too !
Perhaps if you were to 'think you 'knew' what was silly, and what wasn't: that 'knowledge' could be seen as a silly belief ?

Funny how we all find different things that 'make sense' to us, or 'resonate' with us, no ?
No shared objective 'truths': but a whole roomful of small subjective 'truths' .
Makes me wonder how we end-up in the same place, like this ?
Perhaps we have more in common than we like to admit...

So: no big-bang, no creation stories for you ?
Just always 'something' ?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I have never understood which is sillier to believe, ''Everythinig out of Nothing'' or ''Nothing out of Everything''

Neither makes any sense to me. I fall rather firmly in the middle of ''Something out of Something''.

It may well be that there is no such thing as nothing really.

'Zactly ! ... Maybe...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

My friend, I think you've gone astray. Somewhere dark.

Let me first say that light creates shadows. Shadows do not create light.

You are light.

What you called "The Void" and described as being dark, empty, endless space that you think you are trapped in is really just shadows created by your light. Are you afraid of your shadows?

The truth is, your light is infinite, you are infinite. Just like any bright light, it travels vast distances forever. Sure, as the distance increases your light spreads out so far that it becomes dim, and you may perceive that as being "dark", but there is still light present. So what you think is infinite darkness is really just your dim infinite light.

In fact, darkness doesn't even exist. There is no point anywhere in existence that isn't full of light. You just can't see all wavelengths of light. Also, light is difficult to see when its travelling, and you only see it when its reflected off of something. So all that dark space between all the stars (which are shining in all directions) is full of traveling light, there is no darkness there.

What you called a dark prison is really just a fear of your shadows.

That prison doesn't exist. Your shadows are just as much a part of you as your light. You are the shadows too, as well as the light. If you don't like the shadows then just shine brighter.

Its ok though, you are not alone. Almost all pain, suffering, and fear comes from shadows. I understand why you would feel imprisoned by them. If you got everyone to understand they are creating the shadows, and the shadows are a part of them, maybe they would shine brighter and make less shadows too.

The light will shine indefinitely and freely.

Do you see?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Hey No

Oh sure. I'm old enough to have been in school when Fred Hoyle was still holding the scientific torch for Steady State Cosmology and the beginnings of Big Bang cosmology was nipping at it's heals. I watched as SS was overtaken by the emerging rush of scientists who climbed on to the BB train and brought it into the mainstream consciousness. And poor Fred, genius though he was was shunted to the side rails of history.

For me, I can just accept what any of the age old stories tell, earth on the back of a turtle or held by the arms of a very big Atlas. I'm not one to place much credence in those tales of this guy here or this guy there who made it through the tests of the Gods to be imbued with direct knowledge of how this all came to be. Especially when we have had with us now for a couple of hundred years, some very smart guys who make it their business to pry into how all of this works.

But even as smart as these guys are, it seems to me that as far as they can get us is back to the BB and no further.
So at that point I hold that the BB was just a marking point in this existence, maybe like the sand through an hour glass as it sifts from one bulb though the skinny neck and into another, and BOOM, there we are, right back to the steady state of Hoyle but now with one very big fluctuation.

Did you get a chance to listen to that little song I posted on page one of this thread? Yeah, I'm now at the point of accepting the presence of Mystery as essential to my soul.

And that roomful of small subjective ''truths''? I think that we all have the Mystery in common, we just need to turn to it and not kill one another in the journey towards it. So rather than ''truth'' I like to pursue mystery. Well, not pursue it but rather let it engulf me and see if I can make sense of it as it presents itself to me, like right now.

You and OP have brought some mystery my way and in so doing have allowed me to explore my own thinking to try and present coherence in response.

You suggest ''perhaps we have more in common than we like to admit''. Well I admit it and hold closely to it though that is often tested ''here'' by the seemingly wide gap between how we do or do not take Trump. Oh damn. I was trying to get through a post without mentioning him. But you see, to me Trump seems to be a most existential figure right now and the contentions surrounding him either will or will not be a focus of study for at least decades.

Ok, sorry for that but I did say you have brought mystery to me and he and what he embodies as a central figure in our world is for me a mystery to be gathered in and understood. OK,you have exhausted my brain now. Your turn it you wish to return any of that babble I just put forth.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Ah, but, friend, that "void" is no prison but rather the true self. I think rather what you call consciousness would be termed as the misnomer of "ego" because it is ego that, faced with its own annihilation at the hands of pure consciousness, creates the many and varied illusions of personality, morality, and depravation due to trauma.

There is no need to be anything... It is the ego which constantly must be in motion and change. The true self, Spirit, is content and still.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
The Final Truth
There is only one consciousness that we all share - the “I AM” - which is pure consiousness and not a physical entity. This consciousness, or Us, found itself trapped in a reality not of its own making, called “The Void” - a dark and empty endless space, which it cannot escape from - and with no recollection of what was before it first awoke consciously. In an act of madness and despair, it created these physical worlds in its mind to distract itself from the fact that it was alone and trapped in a prison not of its own making – thus splitting its own consciousness into countless shards – which are Us and every other form of consciousness known and unknown. The whole reason we constantly have conflicts to seemingly no end is an intentionally created distraction from the fundamental fact that this reality is a prison, this act or stage is called the “Great Deception” – there is no escape from this prison except for killing Chronos - Father Time - and there is no good, no evil, just opposing forces which were intentionally created to distract us from The Final Truth.

-MM

Ahhhh i've had thoughts like this.

The Lonely God awakes into nothing, only aware of itself.
Cosmic split personality disorder, the only "escape"...

This is why I need my music, stops me thinking...
edit on 22 10 1919 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You said that we ALL share this "I am", which I am not so sure about.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Its like the one consciousness is that which exists in many different bodies at once.
edit on 22-10-2019 by SourceTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
In the city of Pompeii, it was the custom back then to write on the walls of buildings. Some shrewd reader and commentator of the writings of others had written on a wall in Pompeii the following in Latin: “It is a wonder, O wall, that thou hast not yet crumbled under the weight of so much written nonsense.”

Maybe that should be the motto for ATS, it fits better with the material on this site.

Much falsehood masquerades as truth today. “The learned fool,” once said Benjamin Franklin, “writes his nonsense in better language than the unlearned; but still ’tis nonsense.”

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hey teacher, leave them kids alone...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

"Babble" you say ?
Well: you're 'babbling' is still more interesting than the vast majority of tripe that get's posted here. IMHO.

Yes: loved the song about the Mystery, thanks.

..."...Yeah, I'm now at the point of accepting the presence of Mystery as essential to my soul..."...

Seems to me that we are being pulled-out of that beautiful place of Mystery, when we engage in dualistic, materialistic stuff, and when we go back in to existential questioning.
Do you not feel that ?

Do you feel different after engaging in those political threads, where there certainly seem to be paid shills: and say after a nice walk by a lake or river ?

Embrace the Mystery!
For you the Mystery involves 'thingness'.
For me: 'nothingness'.
Beyond concepts, ideas, opinions, beliefs, names, tags, labels, everything.
You may find it silly, but who says this is not supposed to be silly, Billy ?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

I see what you mean...

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You pretty much summed what the writings in the Kybalion (great book) are saying:

"The first of the Seven Hermetic Principles is the Principle
of Mentalism, the axiom of which is “The All is Mind; the
Universe is Mental,” which means that the Underlying Reality of
the Universe is Mind; and the Universe itself is Mental—that is,
“existing in the Mind of The All. " —The Kybalion.

"This Principle embodies the truth that “All is Mind.” It explains
that The All (which is the Substantial Reality underlying all
the outward manifestations and appearances which we know
under the terms of “The Material Universe”; the “Phenomena
of Life”; “Matter”; “Energy”; and, in short, all that is apparent
to our material senses) is Spirit, which in itself is Unknowable
and Undefinable, but which may be considered and thought
of as An Universal, Infinite, Living Mind. It also explains
that all the phenomenal world or universe is simply a Mental
Creation of The All, subject to the Laws of Created Things,
and that the universe, as a whole, and in its parts or units, has
its existence in the Mind of The All, in which Mind we “live
and move and have our being.” This Principle, by establishing
the Mental Nature of the Universe, easily explains all of the
varied mental and psychic phenomena that occupy such a
large portion of the public attention, and which, without
such explanation, are non‑understandable and defy scientific
treatment."—The Kybalion.

“The All is Mind; The Universe is Mental.”—The Kybalion.

"“The All creates in its Infinite Mind countless Universes, which exist
for aeons of Time—and yet, to The All, the creation, development,
decline and death of a million Universes is as the time of the twinkling
of an eye.”—The Kybalion.

“The Infinite Mind of The All is the womb of Universes.”—The
Kybalion.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
When you posted this as me you were acting as the one......i read this as the one and replied to it as the one.......you will read this as the one and could possibly realise I am talking to my self.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation sacrafice everything and describe yourself.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If you want to rise out of the matrix, sell everything you have and follow the guidelines set by the first person to Passover into the next stage of life. This Cross requires you to sacrifice everything and go... you will be Free.

But If you want to stay here for a while longer remember to love God and others.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join