It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi Gabbard Says She Would Drop Julian Assange Charges And Pardon Edward Snowden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Tulsi Gabbard would drop Assange charges and pardon Snowden

Agree or disagree, you have to give her credit for making this public statement.

Personally - I agree with her position completely. I think both are patriots, although their motives for doing what they did are different.

Ultimately, the end result of both of their actions is that the american people - and the people of the world - are much better informed about issues that affect us all.

Go Wikileaks!!

Go Tulsi!

edit on 6-10-2019 by Ahabstar because: All Caps Title

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

See even a democrat can come up with a good idea sometimes ! I agree with her too.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Oh shucks thats what they all say until they get into your pants. After that ...well.....

Will she dismantle the NSA or unwind Patriot Acts legislation. hahahahaha

Trump was supposed to drain the swamp. Now all ATS have to show for it is 10, 20? Q threads about trusting the plan.

More money for the MIC maybe ...hahahaha

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
I think both are patriots, although their motives for doing what they did are different.

You do know that Assange is not American? He's and Australian and Ecuadorian citizen, although the latter has apparently been suspended.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Yeah but why???

Just for votes of sympathy or because they've been unfairly treated.

Neither one displays any honor.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
in the pants and no rants politics as usual

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

TULSI GABBARD SAYS SHE WOULD DROP JULIAN ASSANGE CHARGES AND PARDON EDWARD SNOWDEN

In exchange for all US citizens giving up their firearms.
And Trump banished to Outer Mongolia.
One more tiny takeaway . That terrible Constitution needs to go.
The Tulsi of today is much different than the original one.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Riffrafter
I think both are patriots, although their motives for doing what they did are different.

You do know that Assange is not American? He's and Australian and Ecuadorian citizen, although the latter has apparently been suspended.

If he entered the US he would be arrested. Not saying it's right but that is our messed up system of limited freedom of the press. Piss off the wrong people and there is no touche'. Straight to jail.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Makes a change from the usual Democrat position:

Whistleblower on Trump : second hand gossip - hero who must be protected.
Whistleblower on Obama : actual evidence - kill him.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
So how is she going to overcome the warrants against Assange - by EO?

Isn't she already in Congress and can start a bill? oh wait.......

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
So how is she going to overcome the warrants against Assange - by EO?

Isn't she already in Congress and can start a bill? oh wait.......

Well that's an easy one.... 😃

🤓
edit on Oct-06-2019 by xuenchen because: 🤓 🐇

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

You do know that Assange is not American? He's an Australian.

He was born in Australia, our government does not want to touch him. That swamp thing kinda catches. He can stay some where over there with David icke. He is not welcome either.

So how will Tulsi Gabbard go when wikileaks gets something on her?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Do you know what group doesn't want her in office? Owners of google gives you a hint.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
If he entered the US he would be arrested.

That's because he is alleged to have committed crimes against the US. Is it more complicted than that? You don't have to be American to be arrested in the US.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
So, is Tulsi going for the wingnut support in the primaries or has she supported him all along and kept quiet because, reasons?
She does know he hid in a cupboard because he raped someone? A vote winner for trump supporters but will Democrats support the notion its best to seek asylum rather than actually clear your name? So many questions around the why and the timing. Bernie supports both assange and Snowden, maybe she's after his support?

Its Chelsea Manning that needs charges dropped, the whistleblower who actually revealed everything, odd that she gets lost in the shuffle. Wonder why trump supporters hate her so much hmmm.
Snowden's another that everyone's gone quiet on but, with world's governments demanding more data mining and, with trump fanboys and brexit voters actually demanding more of their own info disseminated for government profit, it's no real surprise Edward loses out too.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

hid in a cupboard?

en.wikipedia.org...

Assange’s lawyers invited the Swedish prosecutor four times to come and question him at the embassy, but the offer was refused.[72] In March 2015, faced with the prospect of the Swedish statute of limitations expiring for some of the allegations, the prosecutor relented and agreed to question Assange in the Ecuadorean embassy.[73] The UK agreed to the interview in May awaiting Ecuadorean approval.[74] Assange said he would go to Sweden if provided with a diplomatic guarantee that he would not be turned over to the United States,[75] to which the Swedish foreign ministry stated that Sweden's legislation does not allow any judicial decision like extradition to be predetermined.[76] However, the Swedish government is free to reject extradition requests from non-EU countries, independent of any court decision.[7

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Doesn't matter one bit what comes out of her mouth or any of them.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
As a former retired military officer myself, not impressed with her at all. She was an honor grad in officer school but those awards are worthless because it's training, not real life. She didn't do anything substantial in her career other than follow the crowd. She was never in charged of Soldiers for one, just a trainer for Kuwait police. Want to see what an officer is really made of, put them in charge of a company. I don't see company commander, XO or platoon leader anywhere on her resume.

All I see is someone who chased titles and rank and took easy assignments. I wouldn't want her anywhere near me in a combat situation I know that much but, I will say, I wouldn't want to be in the rear doing what she was doing but people like that are absolutely needed so I do appreciate her service.

Her politics seem to be a reflection of her military career. Someone who likes to complain and run their mouth but really no ability to lead other people or get people to follow her. She can't even decide if she wants Trump impeached. A real leader can make that decision and live with it. Very dangerous having someone in charge who can't decide affirmatively what to do. Those kind of people will get you killed.

As for Assange and Snowden, what she should be saying is there are laws. People voted for these laws. Follow the laws. If the laws need to be changed they can vote on that as well through their representatives. Nothing more needs to be said.
edit on 6-10-2019 by FlyinHeadlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
One thing I overlooked, she could write legislation RIGHT NOW to do exactly what she is saying. If it was me, I would write and present it to Congress for a vote to pardon them. At that point she can say I am trying to do just that but, she won't just like the rest of them. Talk, complain, blame but never submit any bills which they absolutely could.

I don't like AOC but I give her a lot of credit because she not only talked about the Green New Deal but submitted a bill. Nobody voted for it but so what. Now we know 100% nobody backs that garbage bill for the record.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join