It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased Species Sophistication Evolved Into Golden Ratio in Human Skulls

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Riffrafter

If that isn't metaphysical - nothing is

So...flip a coin?

In some cases, that's the best we can do.

But I loved the ending of the book "Contact" where the astronomer puts a super computer to work calculating as many digits of Pi as it can and after a few days it starts spewing out 100's of beautiful designs - again, never repeating.

Carl Sagan really hit it out of the park when he wrote that book in my opinion. The movie was pretty good too...

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Book was ok.
I watched the movie because I got hooked on Jodie with "Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane." Damn fine actor.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: muzzleflash

The golden ratio is the most efficient form of expansion or contraction. It is how energy flows. If thoughts are electro/chemical processes then the most efficient medium for them to operate in would follow the proportions of the golden ratio.

That’s my guess anyway.
I am of the Opinion, the Golden Ratio is exclusive to Earth...Our particular frequency..

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't really agree with the assertion that Phi has anything to do with "beauty" per se.

Rather, due to its critical importance in the formation of natural objects, in this case the human skull included, I believe we just appreciate the simplicity and consistency of Phi as it is exhibited in the world around us.

I think that's generally subconscious because very few ppl know anything about Phi to begin with.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2ndTenor

originally posted by: surfer_soul

The golden ratio is the most efficient form of expansion or contraction. It is how energy flows. If thoughts are electro/chemical processes then the most efficient medium for them to operate in would follow the proportions of the golden ratio.

That’s my guess anyway.
I am of the Opinion, the Golden Ratio is exclusive to Earth...Our particular frequency..

Well you are wrong.
It's definitely Universal.

The Golden Ratio is shown throughout space, in galaxies or even the planets in our own solar system.

Please scroll through the articles on this page and read about Saturn or how Earth and Venus form phi in all sorts of ways.

Golden Number in Space

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Why do human skulls randomly exhibit Phi yet others do not (considering that their "evolutionary complexity" actually evolved upwards to Phi).

"Upwards?" Do you think humans are evolutionarily superior to other creatures?

The words used were "increased species sophistication." That sounds somewhat subjective.

Evolution is a grand falsehood.
answersinscience.org...
www.news24.com...
creation.com...
www.newgeology.us...
www.ucg.org...
www.aps.org...

Where are the winged crocodile or land walking coelacanth.
Heck with that, where are my wings?
Evolution is a lie.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Evolution is a lie.

No it isn't. It's a process.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 2ndTenor

Also of interest is this write-up:

The shape of the Universe itself is based on Phi

New findings in 2003 reveal that the shape of the Universe is a Dodecahedron based on Phi.

NASA released the first WMAP cosmic background radiation data in February of 2003. In October 2003, a team including French cosmologists and Jeffrey Weeks, a freelance mathematician and recipient of a MacArthur Fellowship or “genius award,” used this data to develop a model for the shape of the universe.

The study analyzed a variety of different models for the universe, including finite vs. infinite, flat, negatively curved (saddle-shaped), positively curved (spherical) space and a torus (cylindric). The study revealed that the math adds up if the universe is finite and shaped like a dodecahedron, as in the illustration below provided by Weeks:

Amazingly enough, Plato asserted the Universe was shaped like a Dodecahedron as well.

How he came to this conclusion I don't know. I guess I need to read Timaeus again...

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Evolution is a lie.

No it isn't. It's a process.

So in the process, after thousands or millions of years, where are the winged crocodile ( crock's are 200 million years old) or land walking coelacanth ( a fish that is 65 million years old)?
www.nationalgeographic.com...
www.pbs.org...
The evolution process is a lie!

edit on V482019Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 12 Oct 2019 13:48:49 -05001 by Violater1 because: tyej

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

So in the process, after thousands or millions of years, where are the winged crocodile ( crock's are 200 million years old) or land walking coelacanth ( a fish that is 65 million years old)?

Neither one seems to have existed. Not sure what your point is.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Ok so strangely enough Plato might be right but his premise may have been unsound.

I went and researched the lines from Timaeus where he asserts the Universe is a Dodecahedron and it was clear that he was referencing the 12 Zodiac signs (animal figurines embroidering the sky). Probably not sound reasoning but it somehow gave him an accurate appraisal.

I looked through several research papers but found this websites write-up especially interesting:

Heisenberg, Plato, and the shape of the universe

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

In the OP I said I used the word loosely.

Although I don't mind debate over it, I did not intend to create a cosmology debate over evolution of the species per se.

This data can be viewed from any perspective and maintain it's mystique.

You can believe in evolution, instant creationism, or even your own combo.

Fact still remains - Phi is represented in human skulls but not other animals - and those animals ratios increase towards Phi as the sophistication increases.

If y'all want to argue about evolution all I ask is that we at least attempt to focus on the Golden Ratio and what this new information might mean in terms of evolution vs creationism.

Carry on.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I was trained in formal biology and genetics, so I've read pretty deep into evolution during and after schooling.

As much as I think evolution of the species appears common sense on the surface, underneath that remains hundreds of huge problems.

After years of thinking and researching for answers I'm exceptionally doubtful of the evolution of the species hypothesis, and I'm left with the idea that we Humans don't have a clue what's going on here.

As far as I'm concerned, it may well have been God creating everything this way from the start.

Since nothing makes sense and the universe is magical (like this Phi human skull thing), than why not invoke a higher power? Same difference as both theories rely on magical thinking.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I was trained in formal biology and genetics, so I've read pretty deep into evolution during and after schooling.

As much as I think evolution of the species appears common sense on the surface, underneath that remains hundreds of huge problems.

After years of thinking and researching for answers I'm exceptionally doubtful of the evolution of the species hypothesis, and I'm left with the idea that we Humans don't have a clue what's going on here.

As far as I'm concerned, it may well have been God creating everything this way from the start.

Since nothing makes sense and the universe is magical (like this Phi human skull thing), than why not invoke a higher power? Same difference as both theories rely on magical thinking.

Perhaps The Holy Trinity does have something to do with Phi, I have no doubt.
And, I wholeheartedly agree that not only does GOD have something to do with this, He has everything to do with it.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I've probably told you this 3 or 4 times already but I really loved reading Carl Sagan's books when I was a teenager.

I read all of them Except "Contact". It was his fiction novel so I skipped it and watched the film.

I like debating for and against anything he wrote about (either sides fine I'm versatile), especially the stuff about biology and evolution like the topics in Broca's Brain, Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors, or Dragons of Eden.

Sagan, through his books, was my mentor for a few years there and really opened my mind to considering multiple points of view and he fueled my natural desire to formulate my own random articulate and elaborate ideas.

Right after that I got into Michio Kaku who still remains as one of my favorite living humans.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Neither one seems to have existed. Not sure what your point is.

Really?
No crocodiles and no coelacanth's?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

There is some good discussion on that topic.

My favorite was the symbolism of creation reflected in Φ.

0 is nothingness, the Void, bottomless pit.

1 is the One, God, the Wholeness of Substance, the beam of Light.

And Φ is the act of the 1 splitting the 0 into opposites, thus the act of creation itself.

Anyways, read through this page especially the comments section.

Theology and Phi

Also Google searches like "Trinity golden ratio" or "Bible golden ratio", stuff like that. There's tons of discussion and plenty surprising facts to find out there.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would have to agree that there is something to this.

There's a lot more to this.
GOD is the Ultimate mathematician.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I believe his argument is that the crocodile and the coelacanth are ancient creatures and that in that vast time period with Earth's environment changing so drastically over that period of time that it's baffling these species haven't changed a bit.

This argument devolves quickly into subjective views based on feelings though because it's unclear what causes evolution or why it's supposed to or not supposed to happen.

If we don't know the causes, mechanisms, or reasons something *might be* happening, it should be no surprise our arguments about it will deviate quickly towards feelings and assumptions.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I believe his argument is that the crocodile and the coelacanth are ancient creatures and that in that vast time period with Earth's environment changing so drastically over that period of time that it's baffling these species haven't changed a bit.

This argument devolves quickly into subjective views based on feelings though because it's unclear what causes evolution or why it's supposed to or not supposed to happen.

If we don't know the causes, mechanisms, or reasons something *might be* happening, it should be no surprise our arguments about it will deviate quickly towards feelings and assumptions.

Yes Sir, you are indeed eloquent.
And I can be the epitome of sarcasm and truculence.
edit on V212019Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 12 Oct 2019 15:21:17 -05001 by Violater1 because: teu

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join