It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice stories about friends helping each other

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have lots in my life, I'm blessed to have around 60 inner core friends like family then another 40+ part of our group who are trusted but not at every gathering or dance party. Anyway we keep everything in the family as we say, need a plumber call X, graphics designer call X, need a lawyer call X, builders, medics, veterinary nurse, sports physio, etc, you get the picture πŸ˜‚

So I don't need to work and haven't for 8 months ish, and was thinking it was getting a bit boring, work is a laugh not just money, then out of the blue a friend rang asking a favour. She's from slovakia lived here years been friends since her first week here, and she is starting a business but is struggling with the bureaucracy and legal stuff, as she's only ever been an employee in UK so reached out knowing my career history.
I've been legislation, regulations, processes, advocacy and management from local/central government, 3rd sector, and commercial all my main gig until I stopped, able to live on my ass.

Well we chatted a bit and I'm excited for her and I will enjoy being a free part time PA for a while to my old friend. I completely have the skills she needs right now and it gives me a purpose again, especially since my mother died end of August.
I respect and love my friend who came from slovakia as a teen when they were allowed in to work, always worked, and now starting a business, I will sooo help her through the technical legal stuff that bureaucratic Britain has πŸ˜‚

So please share any heartwarming friends stories here if you want, I'd love to read them.
...and please nobody be unkind with virtue signalling accusations and stuff like that, I just want to read lovely stories from around the world which make me smile and put my mind in a nice place ❀️

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Another quick nice friends story, a good friend's mother had died but she had no money, all the family pretty skint, and my friend was gonna take out expensive credit out to pay for it. Only a few key friends knew about this but to be fair we do gossip when something bad is going on, we were all gonna chip in start a fund.
Day later my friend had a phone call from funeral people, 15 grand had been paid to them and a charity of their choice for whatever is left.
Funeral cost 9 grand and 6 went to a local charity for disabled kids.
Nobody knows who paid that money, we all know who could but it isn't spoken about.
πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Sorry to be treating this like a blog πŸ˜‚ but I'm distracting myself with thoughts of friendship and lovely thoughts tonight.
This song deeply resonates with me and my people from all over the world, I love my non blood family and love is massive between us, one love...
❀️❀️❀️

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Oh and obvs it would appear an oxymoron lots of loved friends but in alone with my cat on a Saturday night πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I had lovely breakfast with friends in a lovely place al fresco, just I'm not ready to (as we say here) go "out out" yet after losing my mother.
I've had offers of course but every friend knows why I'm not ready to party yet

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

Beautiful thread and stories DaisyRainbow! I'm sorry to hear you lost your Mom. I lost both of my Parents, but they lived long and happy lives and I have precious memories to hold onto.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh thank you ❀️
My dad went first some years ago, but they also had happy lives going suddenly and with family.
I live away and made it there in time for my dad but was too late for my mother 😒
Living away explains this thread, my friends here are family and I'm maybe subconsciously celebrating that ☺️

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DaisyRainbow

Good friends become family.

new topics

top topics

join