It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenpeace launched Join the School Strike for Climate and Greta Thunberg took the Bait

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think someone is pretty effing stupid to get riled up by some child.

You're welcome to your opinion, but as expressed here, it exposes a misunderstanding on your part.

People aren't "riled up by some child". They're irritated because propaganda is being pushed in their face and because a child is being used as a gimmick to advance said propaganda. Find it amusing if you wish, but personally I do not know anyone who enjoys getting whacked over the head with propaganda.

Cheers
edit on 5-10-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: redun

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
They're irritated because propaganda is being pushed in their face...

How is it 'pushed in your face'? Were you at the United Nations or did you purposefully watch that kid speak on video?

I'm thinking it's the latter which makes you a bit of a masochist. Face it, the trigglies want to get triggered, this gives them the outrage du jour. Next week it will be something else and soon after it will be Christmas and the annual war on that holiday.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

So you're emotionally driven by people of one sides emotional drive. Cool beans! You know if you impenetratable there would be no reason for you to care enough to comment on anything.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
So you're emotionally driven by people of one sides emotional drive. Cool beans! You know if you impenetratable there would be no reason for you to care enough to comment on anything.

I enjoy the schadenfreude from both sides with equal abandon. It just seems to be more prevalent on the right at this moment.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

How is it 'pushed in your face'?

It is on any major media outlet one chooses to watch. It has been artificially championed to the point that it became a statement to the entire world via the conduit of the UN, and now it is bantered that her speech was Nobel Peace Prize material.

That sort of spotlighting is hard NOT to be aware of unless one lives in a cave. So yeah, I feel like propaganda got pushed in my face. I reject the propaganda and am not unreasonable in disliking both the message and the vehicle used to deliver it. That is not masochism, it is simply astonishment that this charade was ushered through so many gatekeepers and presented to the world as a scolding lecture.

If you're okay with that ... that's your business. But please don't be surprised that others are less amused.

Cheers
edit on 5-10-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: shorter

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

I also think people should know the reality of it vs the fairy tale which is being sold.

The facts are out there and outlined quite often on the news, that a section of society wont watch because, reasons.
Scientists explain stuff while, the UK's leading science denier, failed former Chancellor of the Exchequer and funded by British Petroleum nigel lawson states science isn't real.
Whos America's leading science denier and who pays them?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

She's a great little actress though.

I don't know, I've seen wet paper bags with better range.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

I dont understand why you would make that a stand alone away from the context only to rebute from an entirely different plain. I was obviously referring the to the change that should become of everyones daily lives of reducing the impact of their existence (which obviously many are currently vying for exemption by promotion) if one were to truly believe in the change needed.

Noone really is though people think the world is going to change around them to suit them if they express their voice in the optimal range.

Climate science is about geoengineering...

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TheLead
Its a dirty trick to get emotional people to act irrationally which could have dire longterm consequences.

Personally I think someone is pretty effing stupid to get riled up by some child.

You just described about 70% of the people here.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: Bone75

She's a great little actress though.

I don't know, I've seen wet paper bags with better range.

Script calls for her to be a somewhat piteous uni-dimensional creature exhibiting guttural passion.
Basically, her character has the depth of a wet paper bag.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

It is on any major media outlet one chooses to watch.

Then I was correct, you are a masochist and chose to watch her. I still havent seen the full speech, you know why?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I think you may be lowballing that number.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

It is on any major media outlet one chooses to watch.

Then I was correct, you are a masochist and chose to watch her. I still havent seen the full speech, you know why?

Actually, what is "correct" is that you have been trolling here. No more food for you.

Cheers
edit on 6-10-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: +

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yeah, you HAVE been getting trolled, by a child. She got your goat and a whole lot more.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I think you may be lowballing that number.

I was feeling generous!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Thanks at least you understand. I was at a block party back in 2016 outside of Atlanta and was sharing life experience stories and was speaking with a retired Special Agent for the State Department who asked me whether I worked out of Langley or Fort Meade. I replied neither. My stories are actual events, factual and extremely convincing.

This thread is all about Greenpeace whom are attempting to incite civil disorder. Lets me wonder whether they are connected to Antifa?
edit on 9-10-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
This thread is all about Greenpeace whom are attempting to incite civil disorder. Lets me wonder whether they are connected to Antifa?

Let me know when people are forced to listen to them.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I can't disagree with anyone specifically, but just wondering, considering Greta is sixteen (although some say she looks younger, but a matter of opinion) is it still appropriate to call her a "child" or a "kid"?

If she chose to have consensual sex (from what I've Googled) in the US, UK, New Zealand or Canada, she would be well within her rights as a young adult (assuming the partner is also sixteen or older). Legally that is no longer a "child".

If she had been a white male in South Africa before 1994 she would have been registered for military conscription, and a year later she would have been fighting a full-on war at the Angolan border. And it's known that some armies weren't always that specific in applying the law, and sometimes conscripted guys who were a year or two younger, for various circumstances.
In some other cultures she might be married already and possibly having her second child.

I'm just concerned about the semantics, because if Greta is a "child" at sixteen (rather than a young adult, or young woman) that implies all these countries allow "child-sex".

Of course that age says nothing about whether an individual is "brainwashed", emotionally mature or a puppet, but it's applying a sense of legal innocence that is no longer legally appropriate at that age.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join