It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.-backed Syrian force warns of 'all-out war' in response to any Turkish attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
With Turkey not being the USA's best friend lately this could turn into a really big deal unless uncle sugar cuts and runs leaving the Kurds to fend for themselves. If that happens I expect a short war with Turkey declaring victory in the end. However, isolated attacks by the remaining Kurds into the distant future would be my crystal ball forecast. Since Erdogan thinks the Kurds are terrorist already IMO he ain't seen nothing yet !

Second scenario is Uncle sugar arms the Kurds with even bigger better weapons to fend of the Turkish assault and even supplies air support...! Now that would piss Erdogan and no telling who else off big time ! Yes I am 99 percent sure that won't happen but hey surprise me !

ISTANBUL/BEIRUT (Reuters) - Turkey will mount a military operation in northeast Syria, it said on Saturday, after accusing Washington of not doing enough to expel Syrian Kurdish fighters from its border.
The air and ground operation east of the Euphrates river in Syria could start at any time, President Tayyip Erdogan said.

The U.S.-backed force which controls the region, the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) led by the Kurdish YPG militia, said it wanted stability but vowed to respond to any attack.

“We will not hesitate to turn any unprovoked attack by Turkey into an all-out war on the entire border to defend ourselves and our people,” SDF spokesman Mustafa Bali said.

www.reuters.com...

1 Min Read

BEIRUT (Reuters) - The U.S.-backed Syrian Democratic Forces said on Saturday it would “not hesitate to turn any unprovoked (Turkish) attack into an all-out war” to defend its region in northeast Syria.

www.reuters.com... 07A

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
And Thanksgiving is coming up.....

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Middle East is such a wonderful place....

Perpetual hate and war for thousands of years.

What's another one...

Meanwhile Space force, Space X, Mars Rovers, and developed countries vie for peeking technological and medicinal advancements.

Old paradigms have to die, for a new age to be brought in.

Hard truths.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Maybe Musk could take all of the offenders in the Middle East to Mars where they could run things the way they want with no interference from countries that aren't stuck in the middle ages.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
A little more information with the situation. There are 1000 troops working with Turkey in the region...what a mess
youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   
As predicted they will cut and run ! I really do feel sorry for the Kurds... You have to wonder what they were promised way back in the beginning ?

Oct. 7 (UPI) -- The White House said it will be removing U.S troops from northern Syria ahead of a Turkey military advance to expel Kurdish forces from the region.

In a statement released late Sunday following a phone call between U.S. President Donald Trump and Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the White House said it would neither support nor interfere with the mission.
"Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria," the White House statement read. "The United States forces, having defeated the ISIS territorial 'Caliphate,' will no longer be in the immediate area."

Erdogan said Saturday his country's military was ready to mount the attack.

www.upi.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
As predicted they will cut and run ! I really do feel sorry for the Kurds... You have to wonder what they were promised way back in the beginning ?

Oct. 7 (UPI) -- The White House said it will be removing U.S troops from northern Syria ahead of a Turkey military advance to expel Kurdish forces from the region.

In a statement released late Sunday following a phone call between U.S. President Donald Trump and Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the White House said it would neither support nor interfere with the mission.
"Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria," the White House statement read. "The United States forces, having defeated the ISIS territorial 'Caliphate,' will no longer be in the immediate area."

Erdogan said Saturday his country's military was ready to mount the attack.

www.upi.com...

Wow. So the us defeated isis? Wow. I think they mean Russia defeated isis, no? While the us did everything they could to protect, arm, and supply them, even stepping in to declare peace every single time Russia had isis surrounded and was preparing to annihilate them.

At any rate, arming folks and sending them to fight and then abandoning them is a long and glorious us tradition. Same thing we did for osama bin laden and his mujahideen.

top topics

join