It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines (Reserves) Ordered To Active Duty ISO Defense Support Of Civil Authorities

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
I think there's something weird about me. I don't think I ever took leave unless prompted by a superior. When I was retired I had a full two months of accrued leave that I had to use before I could be separated. I had medical appointments during that two months, but I went in shorts, t-shirt and sandals. That Texas sun, though. Too hot for uniform.

I took my leave whenever I could, if my request was accepted.

Even in NAS Pensacola it was hot as heck, same as in NAS Jacksonville/NAS Jax, even though we had that sea wind in Pensacola which at times you had to walk at about 50 degree angle because the winds were too strong. Every once in a while i saw a sailor or Marine fainting in the heat of Pensacola when they were jogging/training.

edit on 10-10-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

So do you agree that the majority of your orders were received in written form? I understand verbal orders. It's a part of the oath. When you say you hadn't received written orders, though, it makes you seem like an imposter. Allow me to demonstrate:

I was enlisted in the Navy so was never an officer, and never got orders in written form. However, I understand English for the most part.

This is a person who thinks they know how enlisted life works, but never actually served, and makes statements indicating they "never got orders in written form." I still think you're an impostor, just based upon how the story has changed. At first, you've never received written orders, then it was only for "movements" and then it was "well, of course I submitted requests for leave" it's all bull#, my friend. Show us a redacted DD-214. I'm not asking you to dox yourself. Show us at least some evidence that you were enlisted. I'm willing to hang my hat on the assertion that you lie about your service, and that you won't. You'll probably say something like "I don't have to prove anything to you." Well, now you do.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

if you were at NAS Jax then you should know about yellow water. at least every sailor i met while there did. both bases. and i met a bunch while in Jacksonville. in fact i would dare say that i saw every sailor and civilian that worked there who entered one at least once.
plus i live in the panhandle just about 5 miles as the crow flies from NAS Pensacola,and just about a mile from the outer ranges of Eglin AFB have most of my 57 years. never have i seen the wind blowing that hard unless there was a storm, tornado, or hurricane. Plus we have a couple of TV stations here that tell people everyday what the winds will be like. Also you do realize that there are many civilian homes and businesses all around NAS Pens, in fact just about all the way up to the main gate. so surely people would talk about having to walk around at a 50 degree angle.

not saying you weren't in the navy, just saying your story about NAS Pen is just a bit hard to believe.
edit on 10-10-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

So do you agree that the majority of your orders were received in written form? I understand verbal orders. It's a part of the oath. When you say you hadn't received written orders, though, it makes you seem like an imposter. Allow me to demonstrate:

Once I was assigned to an S-3 Viking squadron most of the orders were mostly spoken, and in briefings. There are always exceptions, but not for most orders we were given.

Training, and transfer orders to their designated posts would not affect the large majority of the RC that these orders in the op are meant for.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I don't give a crap what you think about my story, and i really have nothing to prove. If you don't believe it, so be it, just move along.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I don't give a crap what you think about my story, and i really have nothing to prove. If you don't believe it, so be it, just move along.

Which one is you...

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Sorry for lumping your uninformed and confused nonsense in with the rest of the uninformed and confused nonsense.

You know what Shamrock? You can stick it where the sun don't shine. Or maybe it is a stick you need to pull out...

Oh no, your theory had it’s gaping holes pointed out and now you have to resort to personal attacks. What ever shall I do when you post unkind words on a computer screen?

Again, sorry for upsetting you so much by lumping you in with the rest of uninformed. I think Zelun has you pegged

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Really?... Humm, let's see... First of all, it was you whom started accusing me/insulting me by claiming my statements were uninformed. So don't you try to play victim now.

Second, you actually think that these orders would affect RECRUITS in basic training and military personnel still in training in their respective ratings/MOS, which shows YOUR lack of knowledge in whom would be affected by the orders in the op.

Recruits would not be used, and would not be affected by these orders. The last thing civil authorities need are recruits with no training whatsoever trying to help them. Something really major would have to happen for our government to have to resort to using recruits. They would be the last resort, IF they would ever at all use RECRUITS.

Not to mention the fact that if these orders would put enlisted personnel, still in training for their rating/MOS, in active duty the U.S. government would lose millions of dollars in training, and after the enlisted personnel returned to school they would probably have to start over. So again, the DOD would rather avoid having to use those enlisted military personnel who are still undergoing training. Something really major would have to happen for our government to have to use either recruits, or enlisted personnel still in training. They would avoid using them if they can.

So you see, it is YOU whom don't seem to understand whom would these orders affect... How long were you in the military, a week?...

edit on 11-10-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Which one is you...

Oh, wow...a lefty whom has never been in the military giving stars to an ATS member, Shamrock, whom claims to have been in the military yet agreed with the claim that the orders shown in the op would affect RECRUITS in training, and enlisted personnel still undergoing training... Essentially, you only gave stars to another member whom is completely oblivious of whom these orders would affect simply to "try to get back at me..."

Were your feelings hurt in the past because I disagreed with you?
Do you need a hug?

edit on 11-10-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

First of all, it was you whom started accusing me/insulting me by claiming my statements were uninformed

They are.

So don't you try to play victim now.

I’m not.

Second, you actually think that these orders would affect RECRUITS in basic training and military personnel still in training in their respective ratings/MOS, which shows YOUR lack of knowledge in whom would be affected by the orders in the op.

I never said anything about recruits or Marines in their MOS pipeline. Did you misread something again? Is that the whole “reading comprehension” you keep talking about? Or are you just attacking a point I didn’t even make in an effort to save a little bit of face?

So you see, it is YOU whom don't seem to understand whom would these orders affect... How long were you in the military, a week?.

That’s a lot of wasted effort attacking a point nobody other than you is even talking about all in an effort to try and set up the ol’ “I am rubber you are glue” defense to being called out on your fake enlistment story. Good try.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

They are.

For crying out loud. Grow the hell up and own your mistakes...

ATS member Zelun stated in a post and i quote:...

So you enlisted in the Navy, and then just took it on faith, with the encouragement of the words of the officers appointed over you, that you were fulfilling your duties. At this point I can only assume we're not talking about the US Navy, because you would have been given individual orders directing you to basic training, to advanced individual training, then to your duty assignment aboard a given ship, then maybe other ship, then another, then eventually orders separating you from duty.

Orders are legal documents. If you served in the Navy of your home country, without receiving written orders, well, I hate to say it: You got taken for a ride. I don't mean to diminish your military experience. Not at all. I only mean to assert my own experience as an enlisted soldier, having received official orders and having acted upon them, and that if whatever country you're from doesn't issue written orders to enlisted members of its military really need to start to doing that. It's important.

To the above you responded with, and i quote...

a reply to: Zelun

Granted I was in the men’s department of the Navy, but thats how it worked for us too.

Since the OP is about the changes in the orders it would imply what Zelun and you claimed is that these orders would somehow affect recruits and sailors/Marines/Soldiers undergoing training for their rating/MOS...

I’m not.

Yes you did...

Oh no, your theory had it’s gaping holes pointed out and now you have to resort to personal attacks. What ever shall I do when you post unkind words on a computer screen?

Again, own your mistakes, and stop playing victim when you were the first member to use insults because I happen to disagree with you.

edit on 15-10-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Oh I see. You took my statement that we got written orders in the Marines, including written orders that covered your very first days in the military, as somehow meaning that I thought MARADMIN 550/19 somehow pertained to recruits in training?

That’s cosmically stupid.

I agreed that we got written orders. If you want to turn “we got written orders in the Corps” into “we got written orders in the Corps and that means 550/19 actually applies to recruits in training” that’s cool and all, but that’s entirely in your own head. Careful you don’t throw out a shoulder reaching so hard though

would imply what Zelun and you claimed

Nobody implied anything. Both of us stated we got written orders in the service to challenge your claim that you never once received written orders. But you know that. You’re clutching at straws to try and “win” this still, somehow.

Again, own your mistakes, and stop playing victim when you were the first member to use insults because I happen to disagree with you.

Telling you that you’re wrong and uninformed isn’t a personal attack. Your obsession with putting things in my orifices is personal.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It's for the border mission.

We've had active duty units supporting the border patrol all year. Rather than continue to disrupt Active Component deployment and training cycles, it just makes sense to utilize the reserves going forward.

There is a lot of discussion panic about title 42 expiring next week.

With the Biden administration allowing millions to come into this country illegally, what difference would a few million additional illegal aliens, and drugs make?

The Biden administration is violating federal law, and not being punished by the courts.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join