It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Draining The Swamp Destroys Politicians - Mainstream Media - Bureaucrats and more.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It means the money needs to be removed from the swamp because it's stopping up the drain.
Too many areas to discuss fully - graft/corruption is everywhere.
- but -
3 things that would help:
End Campaign Finance/Spending (govt funds all election activities)
Strict Lifetime Term Limits (like the 22nd, 2 terms & you're out)
Outlaw Lobbyists, Completely, Fully and Finally close the revolving inner Beltway money carousel!

On the other hand, maybe they can dust off that old original 13th and eliminate our "legal loophole" problems for good.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Term limits have always bothered me because lame ducks are usually lazy.

Outlawing lobbying sounds good though.

edit on 10/5/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Term limits are an absolute necessity.

First, they limit the damage a bought and paid for person can do to the Republic.

Second, they limit the damage a member can do if they are tied to others by being blackmailed.

Term limits stop members from stagnating and being so senile to ask if an island will capsize.

P

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

He Drains the Swamp with a syringe and you celebrate him.

He Fills With a Firehose, and you Ignore It.

Trump has named more ex-lobbyists to Cabinet in 3 years than Obama, Bush did in full terms

President Trump's administration now employs more ex-lobbyists in Cabinet-level positions than the George W. Bush and Obama administrations did during two terms in office. A report from The Associated Press found that the Trump administration has outpaced both prior administrations in naming former lobbyists to high-level posts despite Trump's frequent promises during the 2016 campaign to "drain the swamp" of corruption and special interests in Washington. Several current Cabinet secretaries in the Trump administration formerly worked as lobbyists, including Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Interior Secretary David Bernhardt. Acting Labor Secretary Patrick Pizzella as well as his proposed replacement, Eugene Scalia, are also both former lobbyists, the AP reported. Dan Coats, Trump's former director of national intelligence, also previously was a lobbyist and worked to stop the federal government from closing tax loopholes that benefited his company, according to The New York Times. The total number of Cabinet-level ex-lobbyists who serve or previously served in the Trump administration now totals seven, according to the AP. The Obama administration employed five during eight years in the White House, and the Bush administration employed three during the same length of time. Government watchdog Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) blasted the Trump administration in a statement to the AP, pointing to the ending of a requirement of a two-year "cooling off" period before ex-lobbyists previously were allowed to work in federal positions related to issues on which they had previously lobbied. “Without the cooling off period, these Cabinet heads appear to be serving their former employers’ and clients’ special interests,” Virginia Canter, CREW's chief ethics counsel, told the news service.

www.opensecrets.org...

President Donald Trump signed an Executive Order within his first days of office forbidding Executive Branch appointees from lobbying for five years after employment in the Administration. The Order also forbids former registered lobbyists now working in the White House from participating in areas they had previously lobbied on for a period of two years. Despite this directive, these men and women made their way through the revolving door and were either previously lobbyists and now work in the Trump Administration or were previously in the Administration and work as lobbyists. Current job is in bold.

Its hard to be taken as a critical thinker when your thoughts are filled with hypocrisy, but that describes the thinking of most CONservatives I have interacted with.

I remember when he won the election (with 38% of the vote) and thinking, "well, maybe he will burn the system down and cleanse the filth...."

And then he filled his cabinet with Goldman Sachs goons....smh

Same ole same ole.

Deny ignorance, hopefully the die hard backers will go down with this ship, but I don't think the lot of you have the intestinal fortitude.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

The Hill as a source?

Go a little more out to the fringe and say hello to Soros.

P

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I've been saying the same thing for years now. The level of venom for this president is not a right or left thing, it is a good vs. evil thing and there is a lot more evil in this government than there is good. Trump is an outsider to the "establishment" and they just can not tolerate that. He's a threat to the empire of corruption they have spent decades creating to feather their beds. And...he must GO!

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

This is exactly why there was a (Mueller) coup attempt.

This is exactly why the Democratic Party won't publicly invite the Pres of Ukraine or the Ambassador of Australia to come and address congress on the phone calls. The only people who can actually tell the truth without it being hearsay since they believe the President of the US only lies and never, ever, in a million years tells the truth on anything.

This is why the swamp has set a precedent that will affect all future Presidents, even Democratic ones. It is now the new normal and quite acceptable to start impeachment talk and action on day one of a President of the opposition party to ones one.

This is why the swamp is attempting to destroy the ability of any future US President (even a Democrat) from being able to conduct normal international relations.

The new normal and acceptable behavior of Congress is to demand transcripts of the US Presidents private diplomatic conversations with world leaders, and make it public. They have set a new precedent that will haunt them the next time a Democrat is President. It is of their own making.

This is why Congressperson Talib (D) said they are thinking of ways to arrest Cabinet members and deciding where to put them, when they refuse to testify in an illegal impeachment proceeding. Illegal, because Democrats refuse to make it legal by taking a vote. Just round up the Presidential Cabinet and jail them. www.breitbart.com...

Can anything scream louder than what has happened, the Democrats are scared and doing the bidding of TPTB, because they have so benefited (see Biden's son getting $50K a month for consulting on something he knows nothing about by a foreign nation his father was holding back aid to).

Some Republicans are also scared and willing to join the Democrats to keep their cushy and mega wealth producing "jobs". Ever notice that most go into congress upper middle class and end up multi-millionaires on an upper middle class salary within a term or two?

They are determined to stop the drain of the swamp, by any and all means necessary.

Mueller failed, now they will not invite the only people who have first hand knowledge of the conversation to speak to congress. Why? This is just one more coup attempt to get rid of the swamp drainer.

This is why no federally elected politician should be allowed to serve more than 2 terms, but that will never happen, it will take away their cushy jobs.

What has congress done for the American people the past two years since this all started, nothing, nothing at all, but do everything they can to unseat a US President, that is the one and only thing they have done.

edit on 10/5/19 by The2Billies because: formatting addition

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

No term limits on congress means they just might get off their butts and do something for the American people.

Right now Congresspeople have about 6 months, of which only about 2 months of actual in session work to do something for the country. Then they have to start campaigning all over again. Remember they only have 2 year terms. So they spend at a minimum half of all their terms campaigning and getting nothing of use accomplished.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
He died for his beliefs.

Ands what beliefs were those?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I've been saying the same thing for years now. The level of venom for this president is not a right or left thing, it is a good vs. evil thing and there is a lot more evil in this government than there is good. Trump is an outsider to the "establishment" and they just can not tolerate that. He's a threat to the empire of corruption they have spent decades creating to feather their beds. And...he must GO!

It has become quite clear the media is terrified of Trump who has exposed their bias and driven down trust and ratings when "fake news" reporting had the light of truth shown on it.

It is clear the Democrats are terrified or they would not be making a circus of congress and quite openly doing nothing but trying to destroy a sitting President.

It is clear the FBI, CIA is terrified of the light being shown on their quite manipulative attempts to control the entire government.

They should be.

It is about time we had the light shown on rats who are trying to undermine the country by creating their own hidden "government".

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
As someone who voted for him, I feel I get to be extra critical 😉

No one is allowed to be critical of Orange Jesus, if you are you're a traitor/treasonous. You must fap away like the other fan bois because your party is always right.

Meanwhile, back in reality, both parties (which are the same party) laugh their asses off at you cretins all the way to the bank.

edit on 5-10-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
As someone who voted for him, I feel I get to be extra critical 😉

No one is allowed to be critical of Orange Jesus, if you are you're a traitor/treasonous. You must fap away like the other fan bois because your party is always right.

Meanwhile, back in reality, both parties (which are the same party) laugh their asses off at you cretins all the way to the bank.

And there aren't fan bois of the Democrataic Party?

But if you want to believe "orange jesus" is evil, that is your right.

It is also my right to believe that draining the swamp is just what is needed, now that the media has been exposed for it's biased and often twisted take (fake?) on the news to prop up the Democratic Party narrative.

It is also my right to believe that the people who grill people like rats over a fire, at "congressional inquiries" are obviously scared and trying to take down the opposition party by any and all means possible.

It is also my right to believe that the FBI and CIA are attempting to run the government and put people in power who will go along with what they deem to be the "right" people to run the government the way the alphabet soup wants it run.

It is also my right to see the current sitting US President of the US as the only person in recent history who has shown the light of truth on the filth that has become the behind the scenes running of the US government in secret.

So far that is what has been made quite clear to the American people, and most are so terrified of the progressive/liberal/left and the alphabet soup that they keep quiet. (That's why polls are so messed up these days). But they go and vote, and scare the pants off the swamp when they do so.

edit on 10/5/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No one is allowed to be critical of Orange Jesus,

I prefer Cheeto Christ.

He died....

His skin for our sins.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I think he threw just as much shade on them.

It is also my right to believe that draining the swamp is just what is needed,

Most people would agree with you up until whether or not it's happening.

now that the media has been exposed for it's biased and often twisted take (fake?)

Many have known that for decades.

It is also my right to believe that the FBI and CIA are attempting to run the government

Decades.

I'm not trying to be sassy. My point is that I voted for Trump in hope of his agenda. His talking points prior to the election are something that many Americans have craved for several presidencies.

But so far he hasn't proved to me and many others that it goes beyond lip service and pandering (he's been quite good on this front).

I hope I'm wrong, and I've said it before... But I think he's the right's Obama. Perfect timing with pandering that electifies his base while things dtay relatively the same.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

Certainly, and they're just as sad as the ones on the right.

But if you want to believe "orange jesus" is evil, that is your right.

I never said he was evil, he's just as self-aggrandizing ****ing moron.

It is also my right to believe that draining the swamp is just what is needed, now that the media has been exposed for it's biased and often twisted take (fake?) on the news to prop up the Democratic Party narrative.

If you think they're hasn't been media bias from both sides since this country's founding then you aren't paying attention.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

"It's without precedent, this level of hate for anyone...let alone a U.S. President."

It's almost like he didn't win the popular vote and the majority of Americans don't like him. I just can't seem to figure out what's going on here...

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
If you think they're hasn't been media bias from both sides since this country's founding then you aren't paying attention.

the Republic has never seen such a vitriolic and one-sided media. never.

too many government people are democrats first and (CIA officers, FBI agents, administrators, etc) second.
makes me sick to think of all the tax money wasted by government people spending their time working for the democrats and not the American people.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
the Republic has never seen such a vitriolic and one-sided media. never.

No? How about the President portrayed as having sexual relations with animals a la Thomas Jefferson?

The marys these days need to suck it up because they truly act like a bunch is goddamn sissies, 'Ohhhhh, der soo mean to mah Orange Jesus!'.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
They cannot criticize anyone who is not a white straight Male.

So now they can get it all out...

That Is why they refer every as a nazi, its the epitiment of evil. White men.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

No other President in recent U.S. history has been elected on (in part) a promise to "drain the swamp".

Incorrect, nearly every president we've sent to washington has had that as part of their campaign for the last 20-30 years. Obama's hope and change was predicated on rooting out corruption in DC. Now, you'd be correct to say no US president has had any intention of keeping that promise until now.
edit on 6-10-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join