It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready...they are coming for your Constitution next!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: madmac5150

This is relevant, over and over again...

...especially, here in "flyover" country...

Trump doesn't even know you exist.

I'll never understand why you people think that's such a clever comeback.

If that's the case, you have nothing to worry about.

But surely, 'they' are after Trump for the the things he has done. Who is 'out to get' the general public?

The whole propaganda is based upon the absurdly fearful notion that there are some unnamed people proposing to attack the US citizenry, probably the best defended group of people on the planet. Yes, you have your enemies, but Trump isn't any defense against them.

In fact. with his attempts to negate several Constitutional rights like birthright citizenry (guaranteed by the 14th Amendment) and acts targeting the Muslim community contrary to the free exercise of religion guaranteed by the 1st Amendment, the prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment guaranteed under the 8th Amendment and the equal protection of laws guaranteed by 14th Amendment. Not to mention his repeated attempts to overturn the separation of powers through Presidential overreach, makes Trump himself probably the biggest threat to American citizens that the US has faced in a long time.

Yet here

Where exactly?

the left is stating they WILL come.for our guns and want to shred the constitution and want to get rid of the electoral college....

How dense are you? They are literally saying these things and you can either read them or watch them say it word for word.

It is like you are a pathological believer, if that is even a real thing.

It is literally some sort of mental disorder.

You are also misinterpreting the amendments.....14th was for slaves....not folks jumping the border just to have a baby here.

Where does it say that the 14th is for slaves?

.. and think about that, if you suggest that slaves are citizens according to the 14th, it can also be applied that citizens can be enslaved.

Citizens are free under the 1st amendment, so then slaves would be free, which pretty much makes the Constitution self contradicting meaningless nonsense.

So, clearly, no-one in their right mind could say that the 14th is only for slaves.

Since it clearly and reasonably describes all born in the US and has no implicit and unrecorded limitation, it covers those born to undocumented parents, who are, by this clause, legal US citizens.

Are you kidding? Do you not know the entire reason the 14th amendment was adopted?

Wow...what do they teach you kids these days? What...you think it was made during the Obama administration or something?

Seriously...come back when you know some history.

Slavery was abolished, for the entire United States, on December 6, 1865, as recorded in the 13th Amendment.

The 14th Amendment was framed and added to the Constitution on July 9, 1868. Three years after the abolition of slavery.

Do you see where my argument is heading?

Back to google to look up answers?

History beats BS conspiracy theories, no?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

But surely, 'they' are after Trump for the the things he has done. Who is 'out to get' the general public?

The whole propaganda is based upon the absurdly fearful notion that there are some unnamed people proposing to attack the US citizenry, probably the best defended group of people on the planet. Yes, you have your enemies, but Trump isn't any defense against them.

In fact. with his attempts to negate several Constitutional rights like birthright citizenry (guaranteed by the 14th Amendment) and acts targeting the Muslim community contrary to the free exercise of religion guaranteed by the 1st Amendment, the prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment guaranteed under the 8th Amendment and the equal protection of laws guaranteed by 14th Amendment. Not to mention his repeated attempts to overturn the separation of powers through Presidential overreach, makes Trump himself probably the biggest threat to American citizens that the US has faced in a long time.

Yet here

Where exactly?

the left is stating they WILL come.for our guns and want to shred the constitution and want to get rid of the electoral college....

How dense are you? They are literally saying these things and you can either read them or watch them say it word for word.

You are also misinterpreting the amendments.....14th was for slaves....not folks jumping the border just to have a baby here.

.. and think about that, if you suggest that slaves are citizens according to the 14th, it can also be applied that citizens can be enslaved.

Citizens are free under the 1st amendment, so then slaves would be free, which pretty much makes the Constitution self contradicting meaningless nonsense.

So, clearly, no-one in their right mind could say that the 14th is only for slaves.

Since it clearly and reasonably describes all born in the US and has no implicit and unrecorded limitation, it covers those born to undocumented parents, who are, by this clause, legal US citizens.

Are you kidding? Do you not know the entire reason the 14th amendment was adopted?

Wow...what do they teach you kids these days? What...you think it was made during the Obama administration or something?

Slavery was abolished, for the entire United States, on December 6, 1865, as recorded in the 13th Amendment.

The 14th Amendment was framed and added to the Constitution on July 9, 1868. Three years after the abolition of slavery.

It does. It also repeats itself.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I've been hearing "They're going to trash the Constitution!!!!" my whole life.

For the most part, most people on either side of the fence ignore the claims outright. A late friend of mine, a very, very R lady if ever there was one, called that Constitution Doomsdayer line "Chicken Little Syndrome."

My god did she nail the name or what.

Are you kidding? So your friend has seen a former Presidential candidate publicly call for the shredding of the constitution if her interpretation didnt come true, a current Presidential candidate say multiple times they will take away guns as mandate, another current Presidential candidate that used a family folktale to advance her career, and finally another Presidential candidate that has a cokehead son that.....meh.....you get the point.

You assuming the afterlife has cable/internet?

What part of "late friend" did you miss there? Late. As in, died.
edit on 10/6/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Yet here

Where exactly?

Sometimes it rhymes, too.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

For the most part, most people on either side of the fence ignore the claims outright. A late friend of mine, a very, very R lady if ever there was one, called that Constitution Doomsdayer line "Chicken Little Syndrome."

Are you kidding? So your friend has seen a former Presidential candidate publicly call for the shredding of the constitution if her interpretation didnt come true, a current Presidential candidate say multiple times they will take away guns as mandate, another current Presidential candidate that used a family folktale to advance her career, and finally another Presidential candidate that has a cokehead son that.....meh.....you get the point.

Nope....I got the "late friend" reference. You relayed the story as if it just happened and y'all talked about the Constitution all the time.

I mean you did say she talked about it, so in what context did this come up?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Nope....I got the "late friend" reference. You relayed the story as if it just happened and y'all talked about the Constitution all the time.

The context was overtly past tense, so don't play stupid with me. You know full well I was recalling a comment from someone that was said in the past.

If you MUST know the time frame to feel like you won some stupid internet door prize, it was during the Tea Party rise when people were screaming about the Constitution being under threat back then.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You ever heard of jurisprudence? The laws we have and presumtion of innocence is derived from the 6th and a few others. Still its the basis and why its listed.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: chr0naut

You ever heard of jurisprudence? The laws we have and presumtion of innocence is derived from the 6th and a few others. Still its the basis and why its listed.

Yes but non-statutory law such as jurisprudent case-law, is ephemeral and mutable.

Surely you don't want something as basic and necessary to be taken from you by a bad decision somewhere in the system?

If any law should be absolute and immutable, this is it!

edit on 6/10/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

The context was overtly past tense, so don't play stupid with me. You know full well I was recalling a comment from someone that was said in the past.

If you MUST know the time frame to feel like you won some stupid internet door prize, it was during the Tea Party rise when people were screaming about the Constitution being under threat back then.

Not playing stupid and didn't mean to get under your skin.

You simply relayed it as if it applied to the current political climate.

The tea party movement was MUCH different than what is happening now.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Looks like you completely missed the point of the quote. It's not saying to shred the Constitution, it's saying that if the Constitution isn't followed properly then maybe it wouldn't make a difference if it was thrown into a paper shredder, a k.a. if the Constitution isn't followed then you may as well throw it into a shredder.

False. It says if the Constitution does not allow for impeachment over this offense then it is a worthless piece of paper. Nothing in there is talking about it being followed or not being followed. It is the belief that they are superior to the people who wrote the Constitution and that what they believe is impeachable is all that is important.

The problem there is no basis to consider it an "offense".

The president investigating or even enlisting aid to investigate corruption is EXACTLY WHAT HE should do.

If so happens to be someone he MIGHT run against, but also MIGHT NOT for all we know, that doesn't change it.

Several leading democrats seem to have somehow managed to lose 2 billion dollars of aid that was intended to go to Ukraine. Hunter Biden is the most visible (and probably not even a direct participant.) , so he's the thread Trump chose to pull on.

He's doing exactly what he should.

A right action doesn't become an "offense" just because you keep calling it an "offense".

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Take away the guns, go through due process later. DJ Trump. Of course here he was speaking his mind, instead of lying in front of the camera.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Extorris

Guessing you haven't read the entire thread. I am well aware of the original speech.

So you are well aware that the speech Barbara Jordan gave began with things like this before the excerpt that you misrepresented.

Barbara Jordan: Speech on Impeachment

My faith in the Constitution is whole,
it is complete,
it is total.

I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Wardaddy454

So you admit that Trump isn't the answer and that things will probably never get better? Glad to hear some honesty. 😄

For someone so anti-establishment, I'm surprised you're not embracing someone that gave a big F U to that status-quo.

I've said it a few times now. I don't think that Trump will be able to make much of a change. But he did show that you don't have to be part of a political dynasty to become President. And that's a good start. And the more people we can get into congress and the WH that are freshman representatives (smart ones not AOC), the more likely we can be rid of that status-quo.

Maybe that's naive. But what exactly have you accomplished with your message? Your message is essentially saying "why bother, just let them have it all."

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

For someone so anti-establishment, I'm surprised you're not embracing someone that gave a big F U to that status-quo.

If 'the status-quo' is freedom, democracy and equal protection under the law then yes. Trump is the opposite of that.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

We are in a WAR for Our Minds Right Now......

www.brighteon.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

It's an idea worth discussing. The constitution is not a revelant document for the modern world - let' alone what ever is coming out way.

That said, it's what we have and as there are different schools of interpretation, it requires compromise and good will to be useful at all and those qualities are in short supply in the US. As #45 models reckless disregard for the rule of law, ever more people have no value other then 'winning'.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The WAR Continues , but Voices for TRUTH Will NEVER Be Silenced ............

www.brighteon.com...
edit on 8-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The constitution is not a revelant document for the modern world

It's pretty damned relevant.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Yet here

Where exactly?

That's kinda the point.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join