It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready...they are coming for your Constitution next!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So like I said, you are ignoring the context in spite of her. That's the point, to put that bug in people's ears in spite of the context of the quote. You'll find very few people on either side of the aisle calling for the scrapping of the Constitution, though on social media the minority are usually the loudest.

I think I remember Trump saying something about forgoing due process and taking your guns first. I guess that means Trump wants to scrap the Constitution. Funny how double standards are so easily ignored around here.
edit on 10/5/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Trump basically calls for civil war in a tweet, and says American is essentially nothing without him, his base doesn't see an issue like they want civil war. Hillary quotes someone within' perfect context, it's a leftist conspiracy... yikes.

quote it and let's look at it. I don't think it says what you think it does. But maybe it does. opinions are nice, but facts are better.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Weird how anytime one side or the other says something it's just vague enough to give both sides ammo. Almost as if things are intentionally worded in certain ways to get people at each other's throats. It's been a constant for over 3 years now, people are still blind to the manipulation though.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Everything a high ranking politician says or does is calculated, she (and her handlers) knew exactly what she was doing with this Tweet in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So like I said, you are ignoring the context in spite of her. That's the point, to put that bug in people's ears in spite of the context of the quote. You'll find very few people on either side of the aisle calling for the scrapping of the Constitution, though on social media the minority are usually the loudest.

I think I remember Trump saying something about forgoing due process and taking your guns first. I guess that means Trump wants to scrap the Constitution. Funny how double standards are so easily ignored around here.

No idea when he said anything about taking guns, but that is a single ammendment of the Constitution. Hell...Beto outright said it multiple times.

This is different. This is someone saying to scrap the whole thing coming from the same party that has multiple times asked for the electoral college to be taken away and has even recently requested networks squash the first amendment by not allowing people to speak on their shows. All while calling the elected President illegitimate for 3 years.

You think this is what Barbara Jordan had in mind? You think Hillary is worthy of that legacy?
edit on 10/5/19 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

A pastor at a super church said:

I have never seen the Evangelical Christians more angry over any issue than this attempt to illegitimately remove this President from office, overturn the 2016 election, and negate the votes of millions of Evangelicals in the process. They know the only impeachable offense that President Trump has committed was beating Hillary Clinton in 2016. That’s the unpardonable sin for which the Democrats will never forgive him. If the Democrats are successful in removing the president from office, it will cause a Civil War-like fracture in this nation from which our country will never heal.

Trump tweeted that and changed it a little.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You're the only one conflating someone quoting someone else as them wanting to steal their legacy. If I quote you does that mean I think I deserve your achievements and legacy? Nope.

And yeah, Trump said that he would consider "taking guns first, due process second". Look it up. That applies to the quote in the OP, if one part of the Constitution is ignored then you may as well scrap the whole thing. That's the context of the quote and it can easily be applied to what Trump said about due process.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Democrats have been anti-Constitution for a while now, it's not like this is anything new.

Since 1863 😃

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You are making an awfully big leap here. Hyperbole much?

I have to assume you mean 'the nasty constitution hating liberals' are who's coming for the Constitution. One person said it and another retweeted it? That means 'all liberals'. The first maybe but the second is a die hard Capitalist.

Second, the contitution is written is such a way (as are most charter) that it is nearly impossible to get enough agreement to 'amend' the 'contract' as can be seen by the failed Equal Rights for Women amendment of the 1970's.

So as a practical matter, all one can do is scrap it and start over, which for several reasons is beyond dangerous in these volatile times.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Wait ... Hillary, who committed crimes that should have landed her in jail, is suggesting that no one is above the law ... as she sits out of jail?!

That's hilarious and a stretch even for you.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Everything a high ranking politician says or does is calculated, she (and her handlers) knew exactly what she was doing with this Tweet in my opinion.

She hasn't been a high ranking politician for years. Are you still sure she has it in her?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Wait ... Hillary, who committed crimes that should have landed her in jail, is suggesting that no one is above the law ... as she sits out of jail?!

They keep investigating and yet no charges ever happen.

Perhaps the things you think she did, didn't happen, or didn't happen that way?

'Cause for instance I've seen stuff about Benghazi where Clinton allegedly did nothing for 7 hours while American lives were threatened, yet when you look into the attack, it was over in 1/2 and hour when the CIA troops got onto the site and were on site before Hillary was even informed.

And there was that issue about giving Russia some Uranium that implied that they were giving the Russians enough to make a bomb, when it turns out it was only 10 grams worth, and was necessary evidence in an international weapons grade uranium smuggling legal case. Some of the smugglers were in Russia some were in the US. Together, they got the whole dirty crew.

edit on 6/10/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

A pastor at a super church said:

I have never seen the Evangelical Christians more angry over any issue than this attempt to illegitimately remove this President from office, overturn the 2016 election, and negate the votes of millions of Evangelicals in the process. They know the only impeachable offense that President Trump has committed was beating Hillary Clinton in 2016. That’s the unpardonable sin for which the Democrats will never forgive him. If the Democrats are successful in removing the president from office, it will cause a Civil War-like fracture in this nation from which our country will never heal.

Trump tweeted that and changed it a little.

LOL, dishonesty from a lefty. Say it ain't so.

Civil War like fracture in this Nation

at least you all are consistent.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Dishonesty where, I pointed it out, you asked I provided it. Where in my original statement did I show dishonesty?

You guys truly are brainwashed by that man, like an abused wife.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Take your pick on reasons why... she learned well from daddy rodham and has dirt on powerful people, they really do have a different set of rules to live by, the FBI was hopelessly corrupt and figured anyone on the other side was to stupid to see it. (laundry list of people who did far less than her and went to jail)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
DSL lag

edit on 6-10-2019 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Nobody gives a flying fruitcake about Hillary, and all of this is just going to be one big media circus and game of pointing fingers. As soon as somebody calls Trump on his BS he points the finger at Biden telling others to investigate. Biden points back saying, no you need investigated...its like giant adult kindergarten class.
When im at work, just out and about or whatever and I hear somebody talk about word for word the rhetoric that Trump uses to back up his claims..and they proceed to use all the same arguments he makes to push their point, its really sad.
I've said it before and Ill say it again, our constitution does need updated for the 21 century. You don't have to shred it, but heres an idea..maybe all politicans and students of law that hold office should brainstorm with themselves, the amercian people, and professors of law..to make updates to the constitution in at least a few places to more closely represent an understanding and a defense agaisnt the threats to the traditional american values we all have come to enjoy and hold dear.
Nothing really needs to be done with the 1st and 2nd amendments. I think they need to do a better job of asssult rifles getting into wacko's hands, but taking away or banning assault weapons will not accomplish this. Most of the failure to prevent this terrible actions, came months to years before the person decided or was driven to do such a thing. Our education system is broken, our mental snd behavioral health systems and costs are just not up to snuff. If we spent more time taking care of each other and advocating for how WE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE would like the laws to read, then maybe we could make this country stronger and more united than it's ever been. We are the United States after all. It seems to me that one day we need to work together and act like it.
For now we'll be at each other's throats over who said what, whichs news outlet is the right one to follow, blah blah blah. Its sad. If we don't do something, Idiocracy here we come.
edit on 6-10-2019 by JediMindTrek because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Dishonesty where, I pointed it out, you asked I provided it. Where in my original statement did I show dishonesty?

Well, let's start with what Trump actually said, and not what you want to believe he said. After that, we can move on to douche baggery 101.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Well, let's start with what Trump actually said, and not what you want to believe he said. After that, we can move on to douche baggery 101.

ETA: actually, let's remind you of what you said as well.

Trump basically calls for civil war in a tweet

Yet his actual tweet said:

Civil War like fracture in this Nation

It doesn't surprise me that you don't see the dishonesty in all this, it seems to be just the way you and yours operate. maybe once day, a hint of integrity will brush past you and some will inadvertently get on you.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: ketsuko

Perhaps the things you think she did, didn't happen, or didn't happen that way?

'Cause for instance I've seen stuff about Benghazi where Clinton allegedly did nothing for 7 hours while American lives were threatened, yet when you look into the attack, it was over in 1/2 and hour when the CIA troops got onto the site and were on site before Hillary was even informed.

And there was that issue about giving Russia some Uranium that implied that they were giving the Russians enough to make a bomb, when it turns out it was only 10 grams worth, and was necessary evidence in an international weapons grade uranium smuggling legal case. Some of the smugglers were in Russia some were in the US. Together, they got the whole dirty crew.

All good points but, you have to remember these would have been conspiracy theorists main talking points if she had won, that an election fraud, and they tried that to explain losing the popular vote.
Yes they've been debunked and exposed as lies to the nth degree but, put a supposed illuminati symbol behind alex jones while he screams government coverup and people would run with it.
It's why the narrative hasn't moved on, trumps still whining but her emails, they, the conspiracy theorists still aren't ready for other opponents and ergo didn't want her to lose. It's easier to say those in power are corrupt rather those that aren't.
Hence the Pyrrhic Victory with Biden, nepotism happens booo but I managed to get impeached in stating the bleeding obvious, erm, yay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join