It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready...they are coming for your Constitution next!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Looks like Hillary is calling for the Constitution to be shredded. This is pretty unbelievable. This may be the clearest message of the left wanting to destroy what the US stands for. We have already heard they are going to take away the 2nd, we have already heard the cries of doing away with the electoral college, and now we can add just shredding the whole constitution to the mix.

twitter.com...

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Nothing, Hillary/Killary does is 'unbelievable'...

It just gets more putrid as time whafts by.

+33 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Good thing she lost 2016 otherwise we might be there by now 😧

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There was a country wanting to do a new Constitution back when the USSR dissolved and was considering many of the things the U.S. constitution has written. I remember Clinton saying then, "they can do a lot better than what we have". Paraphrasing what I remember but that is pretty close.
edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The really hard part to believe is — Killary still has followers that believe in this BS.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

This was a quote from the Civil Rights lawyer and Representative who delivered the opening statement in the Impeachment of President Nixon. This quote was from that speech which is regarded as one of the best speeches of the 20th Century.

From that same speech: "Earlier today, we heard the beginning of the Preamble to the Constitution of the United States: "We, the people." It's a very eloquent beginning. But when that document was completed on the seventeenth of September in 1787, I was not included in that "We, the people." I felt somehow for many years that George Washington and Alexander Hamilton just left me out by mistake. But through the process of amendment, interpretation, and court decision, I have finally been included in "We, the people."

Today I am an inquisitor. An hyperbole would not be fictional and would not overstate the solemnness that I feel right now. My faith in the Constitution is whole; it is complete; it is total. And I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction, of the Constitution.

Here's a link to the speech.

edit on 4/10/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

This was a quote from the Civil Rights lawyer and Representative who delivered the opening statement in the Impeachment of President Nixon. This quote was from that speech which is regarded as one of the best speeches of the 20th Century.

Oh I know where it was from. Still doesnt make it right or even ok.

+34 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

This is relevant, over and over again...

...especially, here in "flyover" country...

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Good thing Hillary isn't a 21st century president, WW3 would of vaporized the United States Constitution.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the actual meaning of Barbara Jordan's quote is: if we are trampling all over the Constitution, why not just shred it? What's the difference?

Easy to miss the nuance when taken out of context.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Lets have a constituional convention then!

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

This is relevant, over and over again...

...especially, here in "flyover" country...

Trump doesn't even know you exist.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

I'm pretty sure the actual meaning of Barbara Jordan's quote is: if we are trampling all over the Constitution, why not just shred it? What's the difference?

Yeah...I know what she meant back then. Hillary appears to mean something very different and it is rather disturbing.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Hillary appears to mean something very different and it is rather disturbing.

Hillary is guilty of 10x what nixon was. As a conservative, I totally believe the quote holds true. If the constitution and rule of law can't charge and convict hillary... why are we still following it?

Edit: Granted you can't impeach hillary as she never held an office where she could be impeached... she most definitely could be criminally charged and most likely convicted.
edit on 10/5/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Agree with Vasa.
Had it been phrased as a question, perhaps not.
But nobody in Congress should be talking about shredding the Constitution they've sworn to protect and uphold.
The wife idolized Barbara Jordan, offered context arguments as well. Understood the time and situation.
Doesn't matter.
Her words, without context or explanatory reference live on as stated in the record, same as Schiff entering his flight of fancy into the Congressional Record.
It doesn't matter what everybody knows, or what the context of the remarks, the record will only show the naked quote.

In our 140 character/sound bite culture nobody bothers with context or nuance - just the words as written or "facts" as stated - no room for or interest in explanation. It is what it is.

ganjoa
muchBut nobody in Congress like the COngressional Record madeHad it been p

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
buuuuut maybe he does? or kinda is in alignment with ideas he presumes to propose to hime, then attaches it to a man like him, in some way.
a reply to: chr0naut

edit on 5-10-2019 by AnrkE because: cuz

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I think you are interpreting it completely opposite. I think what Hillary is suggesting by the quote is no one is above the law. If the president violates his oath to the Constitution by not abiding by Federal Election Laws then why have a Constitution is what I believe she is trying to say.

My hope is American stands FOR the rule law. My hope is America puts the Constitution ahead of loyalty to the leaders of ones party.

We can't even agree having the rule of law is important. It seems anyone held accountable to the rule of law is immediatly vilified for being political. I would expect members of both parties to try to put anyone on the other side in jail if laws are broken. Having the rule of law should be one of the things that Unites us as a country.

I don't think anyone should ever put party before country. No one should ever put their party's interests above their oath to the Constitution.

edit on 5-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If...... It says ''If'........

This quote was from Barbara Jordan. ''she was the first African American elected to the Texas Senate after Reconstruction and the first Southern African-American woman elected to the United States House of Representatives.[2] She was best known for her eloquent opening statement[3] at the House Judiciary Committee hearings during the impeachment process against Richard Nixon, ''

A woman who earned her place in history though toils few of us will ever endure. Her relationship to the impeachment of Tricky Dick earn her the right to make emphatic statements, unlike many of us who have done little but mouth off on an obscure website.

I agree with her statement. If the the people of the United States have no power to impeach a sitting president through the actions of our elected congress, the whole Constitution falls in on itself as a toothless toy to be handed over to any flamboyant con man who wishes to destroy it.

We must be on guard of this, always on guard. No president should deny an impeachment inquiry, but rather depend upon the vote of his supporters and the trust in the people of congress who have likewise been voted to secure the interests of those supporters.

Other than that, I would like to say I wish Clinton would shut the hell up as the words of Barbara Jordan ring hollow in her mouth.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0nautBy whom is this speech regarded as one of the best.
I saw no methodology..just a list ranked by Michael Eidenmuller, a known liberal professor

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think you are interpreting it completely opposite. I think what Hillary is suggesting by the quote is no one is above the law.

Just her maybe?
or as she would say "Just Us"

it's so nice to live in a world were hypocrisy is the norm

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join