It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Whistleblower

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Heh.
Ok. Not understanding what Trump is talking about is "reaching."

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Heh.
Ok. Not understanding what Trump is talking about is "reaching."

Yes, selecting a single word from an entire conversation is reaching for something. It boils down to who interprets that word's meaning. Oftentimes it is taken out of context, and doing that to "decipher" what someone means brings us back to a golden time when a president argued over the definition of the word "is".

Imagine that....

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Do you think I'm putting any importance on the word? Not in the least, since I have no idea how it can apply to a phone call.

But I do find it interesting that he keeps repeating it.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Do you think I'm putting any importance on the word? Not in the least, since I have no idea how it can apply to a phone call.

But I do find it interesting that he keeps repeating it.

It's called trolling the media. You should know that by now.

That is his style.

That is part of the reason he won the election and is now our president.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Actually, it's an old advertising trick. Say something over and over and over and some people will buy it.

edit on 10/4/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Actually, it's an old advertising trick. Say something over and over and over and some people will buy it.

Like... the worlds going to end in 12 years 12 years 12 years 12 years
edit on 4-10-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

What am I reaching for? Thinking that there is no actual transcript?

Transcripts are generally made from recordings. Do you think there's a recording? That would be awesome.

I'm sure the NSA has recordings. But they would have to admit that they record everything, and that's just not cool. But I suspect that even if there was a video with audio of the call, and both parties were shown, folks like you would still think there was some mythical code being used. It's really sad to see what politics has done to some here. I tent to think this is what is meant when a musician claims they "sold their soul". I hope you got a good bargain sir.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

Like... the worlds going to end in 12 years 12 years 12 years 12 years

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: FyreByrd

Funny how whistleblowers deserve to be heard, but when a Democrat (Obama) held office they prosecuted whistleblowers with the espionage act, which included journalists. Just another example of the extreme hypocrisy of the left.

And that is an argument for fair hearings for whistleblowers.

People are making assumptions when all we know is that 'complaint's were filed'. We know, and by that I mean the media and the public, very little beyond that fact. We don't know how the complaints were/are being handled though media is speculating wildly, nor what the substance of the complaints contains where again there is wild speculation.

From what I have been learning there are a couple of different pathways of action for Federal Government Whistleblowers. One through the justice department - were political appointees of any stripe can stop the complaint and there is also another direct approach to Congress. I've no idea about the procedural details of either path. But both must have 'rules/standards' for vetting the veracity of the complaint.

The DOJ is supposed to be an independent non-partisan body; however the history shows that not to be the practical case regardless of which party is in control of the Executive. It requires people of good-will and clear vision to be non-partisan and that is sorely lacking from most (not all) career politicians.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I had heard of this IRS whistleblower story earlier, only it seemed to indicate that the auditing software was played with to cause an audit on Trump at that telling. Is it the same story with a reverse spin or “journalism” at work again?

Media speculation. Please share the link.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join