It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's more advanced?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
But chaos is what we have, its set paths and rigid belief structures that blind us from what is.

You know what I'm saying, belief confirms and we can make any order of the chaos with the
Proper thinking

Which leads me to my fav quote of the moment.

The mind is its own place and in itself can make a heaven of a hell, and hell a heaven.

John Milton

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Interesting subject ManyMasks.

Are you aware of Rupert Sheldrake and his work on Morphic Resonance? Always found the evidence he provides quite compelling.

I think a lot of the inbreeding in the higher echelons of society is to preserve certain characteristics and physiology.

A good dose of supercilious indulgence is also a contributing factor.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Always thought Lazar should get the job with IUPAC as well, his imagination is far more inspiring than rigid science.

However, their guidelines ruin our fun a little:

(a) a mythological concept or character (including an astronomical object),
(b) a mineral or similar substance,
(c) a place, or geographical region,
(d) a property of the element, or
(e) a scientist.

I'd go with Baconium, sounds tasty and old Francis doesn't get the credit he deserves.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Always thought Lazar should get the job with IUPAC as well, his imagination is far more inspiring than rigid science.

However, their guidelines ruin our fun a little:

(a) a mythological concept or character (including an astronomical object),
(b) a mineral or similar substance,
(c) a place, or geographical region,
(d) a property of the element, or
(e) a scientist.

I'd go with Baconium, sounds tasty and old Francis doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Mmm... Baconium.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

This is correct although maybe the language is a little technical for the layman.

My background is in Physics and Computing so for me it was easier to understand elements as like the fundamental building blocks for chemistry. Substances that can't be broken down any further, chemistry is what happens when you mix elements.

Sorry for simplifying your response, just i've learned over the years that using technical jargon just makes people glaze over and not actually glean any meaning from the exercise.

Please correct me if i'm wrong. Chemistry is my Achilles heal of the sciences although i guess you can apply some of the principles of Physics.
edit on 8/12/19 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade
You would think I was aware of that by my OP, but I wasn't, thanks G. The idea popped into my head but with all ideas that pop into my head I always think this has probably been studied or alluded to before.
There's nothing new under the sun eh.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

No problem pal, there's a TED talk by Sheldrake that was banned however i'm sure you could find it somewhere. Give you a little introduction to his ideas.

As i've alluded to before the universe holds all knowledge already, all we can do is discover it, just because someone had a similar idea before you doesn't make yours any less original. God kind of has a monopoly on the whole originality concept.

I've got a sneaky suspicion you might partake in a little weed smoking which explains the many ideas

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

You gotta love Paul Stamets, his JRE podcast was fascinating.

Boy does that man love his mushrooms.

edit on 9/12/19 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

20 years usage but I'm clear of it now, new chapter has begun and wow shhh is so clear now, excited for the future. Will check that out, thanks.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Congratulations, i myself used to be quite a heavy smoker in my 20's however now it's only on special occasions like when i'm back in Scotland meeting with old friends.

Can become a burden but it also opens some doors and helps with critical thinking. Once you stop there's certainly more clarity although the world does seem a little more mundane.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Yeah for sure. Thanks.
I may do the occasional smoke once I know I can without reverting back to being dependent on it.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

This is correct although maybe the language is a little technical for the layman.

My background is in Physics and Computing so for me it was easier to understand elements as like the fundamental building blocks for chemistry. Substances that can't be broken down any further, chemistry is what happens when you mix elements.

Sorry for simplifying your response, just i've learned over the years that using technical jargon just makes people glaze over and not actually glean any meaning from the exercise.

Please correct me if i'm wrong. Chemistry is my Achilles heal of the sciences although i guess you can apply some of the principles of Physics.

Apologies, I am a pedant of didactic syllogism, applied to semantic aphorism.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Exactly!

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Interesting subject ManyMasks.

Are you aware of Rupert Sheldrake and his work on Morphic Resonance? Always found the evidence he provides quite compelling.I think a lot of the inbreeding in the higher echelons of society is to preserve certain characteristics and physiology. A good dose of supercilious indulgence is also a contributing factor.

You know what too much inbreeding accomplishes. You are guaranteeing many mutations that will eventually weaken that genetic strain. I loved his idea of how memory imprints upon landscape (so true) awesome brilliant.
edit on 10-12-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Yeah and traumatic experience with death can cause ghostly image of event. Remember seeing that in a movie when I was a boy and thinking that's definitely what a ghost is. The movie was high spirits.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join