It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This quantum physics breakthrough could be the origin story for time travel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Let's go quantum....

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
How do they know its the exact same molecule? Can they mark the original in some way to make confirmation?

As in; are they sure its not just a projection / reflection rather than a clone of sorts?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
Well when it's fully understood, harnessed and steerable i say destination no:1 should be 2019 years ago so we can save jesus and inadvertently our meek slimy existance that is todays global environment.

Whatever the irreversible outcomes may be.

This and only this can be the only worthwhile positive outcome of such breakthroughs.

Make it so.

You cant change the future by changing the past..

The Butterfly effect is an outdated concept...

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

You do change the perception of your future by changing the perception of your past.
Star trek even becomes more interesting after you learn who helped write the Gettysburg Address.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

Star trek even becomes more interesting after you learn who helped write the Gettysburg Address.

Can't beat the Doctor for messing about with the past.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Big or Small our Minds are a Link to it All.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Supposedly when I Physically Die , and my Body's Flesh becomes Dust Once Again , I Will Know All Things in the After Life, so Why is this such a Concern Here and Now>?
edit on 5-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

IMO, the only way to time travel is to start recording local events from now on daily basis on quantum level. Then simply hit play bak. Local reality will be played back.

Anyone has read isaac Asimov "End of Eternity"...? That scenario was based on block univrese premisse, imo, and I liked it.

edit on 5-10-2019 by Encounter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Encounter

If Time Travel were EVER Possible " Somehow " , your Traveling would Commence in another Physical Universe Considering the One you Left Already Existed where you Never Did .

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

That's down to multiverse theory is it not?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What you are speculating is that we live and live and die in a quantum existance.

What madness! !!! I think you are completely right. IF we, as a species, should survive the next 52 years, we will develop the ability to do wonderous things. I have my doubts about our survivability, but if we should be so lucky, I think we will be able to manipulate spacetime.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The thing about light travel is... We've yet to discover what matter truly is. The Higgs Boson event has opened up the possibility that matter might not be real. Matter, as we've come to know it today, is possibly just extremely compacted light.

If we can see it... Physically or mentally... It begins trials and errors, manifesting itself.

With these concepts on existence becoming reality ... Within a hundred years, it's definitely possible to travel through space/time.

Our brains together become an entity within itself that can and has mold/shaped visible reality. Everywhere you look... you see it. Because everything you see around you was created twice... The first was inside someone's head.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

This might be of interest to you.

www.imperial.ac.uk...

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Time travel into the past is too hard to wrap my brain around. I get time travel into the future via relativity and light speed travel. What I would think the real application for something like this is would be is to communicate with remote civilizations. Rather than having to wait 100s/1000s of years for a reply via radio signal, if we can identify a planet with potential intelligent life, we can effectively instant message them and they could in return reply. I would find that exciting enough. The knowledge that would open to the world and possibilities is endless.

I agree with the poster who indicated that if we can travel in time backwards, it supports the multi-verse theory. I personally don't really believe that. Maybe its true. But, if it is, traveling back in time won't do you any good because likely you couldn't get back to our time-line. Now, if we could send a camera back there to record certain events and then receive the recordings back, then we can solve a lot of historical mysteries. But, it might be better to not know as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dougie6665

Suppose technically we are all time-traveling into the future.

Canny help but do otherwise.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
jeez, makes you wonder who's playing with that app right now. a reply to: neoholographic

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Thanks for yet another wonderful thread !

Is there anything left for Materialists to cling-to ?

Nope, materialism is dead.

Fundamentally, physical reality doesn't exist. How can something physical be in a superposition of states? How can something physical be entangled when information can't be transmitted faster than light between points A and B?

This technology would be incredible.

Right now, we're stuck in one moment to the next with no way out. In this sense, we're like a classical computer that goes through step by step calculations.

This type a tech would make people seem god like to us. They would be able to experience what we call time in parallel instead of moment to moment.

Imagine a technology that will allow you to choose between probable states of Earth where in one you're rich, another you're Movie Star and another you are a world renowned Physicist that help discover QM. You can then choose which state you want to be in. You could do this "traveling" without ageing.

edit on 7-10-2019 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Thanks for yet another wonderful thread !

Is there anything left for Materialists to cling-to ?

Nope, materialism is dead.

Fundamentally, physical reality doesn't exist. How can something physical be in a superposition of states? How can something physical be entangled when information can't be transmitted faster than light between points A and B?

This technology would be incredible.

Right now, we're stuck in one moment to the next with no way out. In this sense, we're like a classical computer that goes through step by step calculations.

This type a tech would make people seem magical to us. They would be able to experience what we call time in parallel instead of moment to moment.

Imagine a technology that will allow you to choose between probable states of Earth where in one you're rich, another you're Movie Star and another you are a world renowned Physicist that help discover QM. You can then choose which state you want to be in. You could do this "traveling" without ageing.
edit on 7-10-2019 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

Change is a hard word to be absolute about, but I suggest that you absolutely can affect the past from the present. Its been done and documented, and a matter of time till "proven"

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Very interesting. Together with time travel teleportation is another possibility.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join