It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden has a Master Plan for Assault Rifles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
"Mr Not stopping" Joe has introduced his masterpiece plan for assault rifle owners.

He was in Nevada at some kind of rally or something.

His plan gives owners 2 choices:

1. Sell it to the Government

2. Register it

Well this will solve the whole problem !!

Wait. What about criminals and smugglers ?

Well that's already illegal anyway right ?

Biden wants to give assault weapon owners two options: Sell your guns to the feds or register

As part of his plan to curb gun violence in America, former Vice President Joe Biden is proposing that owners of assault-style weapons either sell their firearms through a voluntary buyback program or register their weapons with the government.

The proposal is part of a wide-ranging plan the Democratic presidential candidate unveiled Wednesday ahead of his appearance at a gun safety forum in Nevada.

BIDEN SAYS HE'S COMING FOR ASSAULT WEAPONS

Biden, like many of his rivals for the nomination, is calling for a ban on assault-style weapons. For current owners who don’t sell them back, the former vice president proposes that such weapons be regulated under the National Firearms Act, which was enacted in the 1930s to cut down on gangland violence during the Prohibition era.

"Where's Joe ?"

"Somebody not right in the head"

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
I love the logic, ban or heavily regulate a weapon platform to combat gun violence which is a platform that is the least responsible for actual gun violence. Of the 30k+ deaths from gun violence, less than two hundred a year are the result of rifles of any type.

Yea man, lets fight gun violence by targeting the platforms least responsible for gun violence! SMFH

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
My dad, almost every dad toll were sons....dats what happened in Germany.....
So.....did Biden have a dad?
Was he just hatched out of a reptile nest.!
edit on 4-10-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

One thing to think about is, participating in a gun buy-back program because you think criminals have too many guns, is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.

I think Clint Eastwood said something like that ?

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

ALL my guns ARE REGISTERED! it's kind of a law.
Even the ones I purchased before moving from Reno Nevada.

Does he want me to blast them into the air? Only to fall on innocent people? What more of a sign does he want?

Edit: Biden
Beto O'Rourke ticket?

edit on 4-10-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Sound logic. Thats some good horse-sense.

Number one, we got this guy Not Sure.
Number two, he’s got a higher IQ than anyone alive.
Number three, he’s gonna fix everything.
edit on 4-10-2019 by drewlander because: Horse pun.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

This story about Beto never got much press.

But it's a wild one.....

Beto Goes to Kent State, Argues Only the Government Can Be Trusted With Guns
😆

Of all the places to argue that only the government should be trusted with guns, Beto O'Rourke picked…Kent State University.

Kent State is, of course, the location of the infamous 1970 shooting that left four students dead and nine others injured. The shots were fired not by private citizens but by members of the Ohio National Guard, who shot at a crowd protesting America's involvement in the Vietnam War.

Invoking armed agents of the state gunning down unarmed civilians is an interesting way to argue that Americans would be better off if the government forcefully disarmed private citizens. But hey, I guess that's why we keep being told Beto's an "unconventional" candidate.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

O'Rourke cannot even figure out his own first name. Id give him a pass on the Kent State speech if we can all agree to just call him Dumba§§ O'Rourke.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

This story about Beto never got much press.

But it's a wild one.....

Beto Goes to Kent State, Argues Only the Government Can Be Trusted With Guns
😆

Of all the places to argue that only the government should be trusted with guns, Beto O'Rourke picked…Kent State University.

Kent State is, of course, the location of the infamous 1970 shooting that left four students dead and nine others injured. The shots were fired not by private citizens but by members of the Ohio National Guard, who shot at a crowd protesting America's involvement in the Vietnam War.

Invoking armed agents of the state gunning down unarmed civilians is an interesting way to argue that Americans would be better off if the government forcefully disarmed private citizens. But hey, I guess that's why we keep being told Beto's an "unconventional" candidate.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   

LOL...Joe does that to a photo of Donald Trump every night, before taking his 12 hour nap.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Biden is nuts if he think anyone is going to willingly give up their guns to the Government that kills more people in the world than all other governments combined. No one is going to register them either because that is just a precursor to collection.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   

These nutjobs focusing only on assault rifles are ignoring 97% of the gun-related murders in this country. The 97% would be significantly reduced with mandatory minimum prison sentences.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

At least Biden isn't using the Beto term of "Government Buy Back". People didn't buy their guns from the government.

Take this to the bank: With Biden out of the race, Democrats will BEG for Hillary to run.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I will bet Hillary will be the candidate. No way it is Biden or the rest of the clowns they have running.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Can someone explain the dead body posture while others ignore casually with hand in their pockets?
Oh and a female gender like person in knee position over a person laying prone on the ground with no bullet holes or fluids leaking?

I've spent my career as a paramedic and nurse firefighter. never have I seen such drop dead perfection posture after being shot.

edit on 4-10-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Email :

Here are some facts.

There are 30,000 gun related death s per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. The U.S. population is 324,059,091 as of June 22, 2016. Do the math: 0.00925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant! What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:

65% of those deaths are by “suicide," which would never be prevented by gun laws.
15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified.
17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons – better known as gun violence.
3% are accidental discharge deaths.

So technically, “gun violence” is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Now lets look at how those deaths spanned across the nation.
480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C. (a 54% increase over prior years)
So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities.
All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.

This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.

Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So, if all cities and states are not created equal, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.

Are “5,100" deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths? All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assaults are all done by criminals. It is ludicrous to think that criminals will obey laws. That is why they are called criminals.

But what about other deaths each year?
40,000+ die from a drug overdose–THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!
36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths.
34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide).

Now it gets good:
200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors. You are safer walking in the worst areas of Chicago than you are when you are in a hospital!

710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers! So, what is the point? If the liberal loons and the anti-gun movement focused their attention on heart disease, even a 10% decrease in cardiac deaths would save twice the number of lives annually of all gun-related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.).

A 10% reduction in medical errors would be 66% of the total number of gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides …………… Simple, easily preventable 10% reductions! So, you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns?

It’s pretty simple:

Taking away guns gives control to governments. The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.

Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs . So, the next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and remember these words from Noah Webster:

“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed.”

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Sell them back to the Government? Are they going to start running guns to the cartels and gangs again?

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I love the logic, ban or heavily regulate a weapon platform to combat gun violence which is a platform that is the least responsible for actual gun violence. Of the 30k+ deaths from gun violence, less than two hundred a year are the result of rifles of any type.

Yea man, lets fight gun violence by targeting the platforms least responsible for gun violence! SMFH

havent you been keeping up with the liberal logic?

crime and violence isnt the person committing it fault.

its the device (gun, tv, games, music)

its the drugs (legal or illegal)

its mental illness .. to be fair this actually can be both a reason and a fault.
if your mentally ill due to say drug use...yes your fault
if you KNOW your mentally ill and wont treat it ... its your fault.
if you are mentally ill and dont know or cant get treatment... not your fault.

the republicans, whites, religion (again this can be a legit reason or a cop out) , trump, males, ect.

maybe if we HELD THE PERSON(S) COMMITTING THE CRIMES/VIOLENCE RESPONSIBLE and PUNISHED THEM it might reduce crime of all types.

hmmmmmm

scrounger

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

This is pretty common these days. I dont know if the internet desensitized so many or if there are a lot of staged incidents. I wasnt even born during the Kent State incident but just look at how many videos you see today where bystanders are too busy livestreaming to assist. I think there was a recent topic on this.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This data sounded legit until the 36,000 flu deaths. Last year that number was more like 80,000 flu related deaths. One bad number can put all the data into question, even if it favors the bottom line. Can you source this a little? Im not challenging it so much as trying to legitimize it. Maybe i need to go back a few years...
edit on 4-10-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join