It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some cat help.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Often times cats urinate if they feel their territory is being threatened. Have you noticed any other cats outside your home? Also, you need to make sure your cat is ‘fixed’.

This.

Especially since you noted it was “your” spot that it’s marking. Seems like there’s a dominance/trust issue that’s developed.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The inhumane way is to feed it dinner, make sure it's happy, drive it 40 miles from your house and drop it off so someone else can inherit the problem.

People who do this should be banned from ever owning pets , not even a goldfish ever again!

If you take in a pet its for life you can't just discard them once you run into problems.

The cat that owns me was this out of control stray cat , with almost no trust in humans and super scared , she clawed me open every day , not once did i though about returning her to the shelter.

and now a few years later she has calmed down got settled to her new life , just need to have patience and give them the space they need.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Loneliness. Clue is in peeing on your spot on couch, and feeding time...both relieves boredom and is a sign of it.

Give more attention...or a def. time to play or just have contact w you on a reg. daily basis

edit on 4-10-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Does it drink a lot of water?

I had a rescue stray that started pissing on the carpet, and come to find out it had diabetes, as others mentioned. Of course, I also had another cat, and it didn't like going into the room by itself to pee, so it liked to go out in the open so it could watch everything. So, two reasons there.

If it's acting this way there's definitively something going on, whether physiological or psychological.

As others have noted, try a different vet. Test for diabetes or UT infection.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
Hey all. So me and my gf adopted a tripawed cat back in March of 2017. We named her thumper due to the thumping she makes when she walks. She has been a great loving cat... until recently. She has started to pee on my spot on the couch. She meows constantly until fed is quiet for a half hour and starts up again. And tonight we come home from work and find trash all over the kitchen. There haven’t been any household changes. We took her to the vet and she’s in good health although a little tubby. I just don’t understand the personality change. Has anyone had any experience with something like this?

I'm near 60. I've owned eleven cats over my lifetime, most of them adopted from shelters.

I'm assuming you mean your cat is polydactyl.

Move the litterbox to another location. A low-traffic area of the house is preferable. She needs to feel secure when she uses the box.

Free-feed a lower calorie cat food. Hill's has a low calorie alternative that works well.

Cats get into a lot of mischief including digging through trash. She's probably bored. Are you playing with her to wear her out? It's healthy to play with your cat. Try getting down on the floor and giving her some one-on-one attention.

Figure out what she likes to play with. My cats love small paper balls and milk jug rings. Catnip is a good choice as well, but no more than a couple of times a week. They get used to it. They also like laser pointers and feather toys, which are like a fishing rod with a feather as bait. Pet stores all sell them. Wal-Mart probably has them as well.

You should clean your couch. Your cat recognizes what you don't. Your couch needs cleaning. She recognizes it as a place where she can do her business.

ETA - Only losers dump their pets in someone else's lap. If you feel you need to back away, please take her to a no-kill shelter.

We rented a farmhouse for four years. It was a very nice place and the whole farm was beautiful and well-cared for by the owner. As a result, people who didn't want their cats constantly dumped their pets there.

It's a cruel thing to do. The resident cats will assert dominance and your beloved pet will not be treated well. They will have to fight for food. Inside cats are particularly harassed because they're used to a protected indoor environment. Dumping them is extremely cruel, especially if you've declawed them.
edit on 10/4/2019 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

Hey all. So me and my gf adopted a tripawed cat back in March of 2017. We named her thumper due to the thumping she makes when she walks. She has been a great loving cat... until recently. She has started to pee on my spot on the couch. She meows constantly until fed is quiet for a half hour and starts up again. And tonight we come home from work and find trash all over the kitchen. There haven’t been any household changes. We took her to the vet and she’s in good health although a little tubby. I just don’t understand the personality change. Has anyone had any experience with something like this?

I'm near 60. I've owned eleven cats over my lifetime, most of them adopted from shelters.

OP was pretty clear in that the cat is tri-pawed. As in three legged.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Irrelevant to the issue really.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Irrelevant to the issue really.

So is assuming it's a polydactyl, which it is not. Crying irrelevance when you mentioned it first is a cop-out, just own up to not really reading the OP already.
edit on 10/4/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper
Nope she is a tripawed she lost her front right leg when she was caught in a hunters trap the winter before we adopted her. There’s a great organization that helps find homes for animals who have lost a limb. I also wasn’t sure if it was relevant or not...

edit on 5-10-2019 by Somethingsamiss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Hi Somethingsamiss,

As others have stated your cat urinating on the bed is a sign of urinary tract infection. Do you feed her dry food? If so I recommend weaning her off it by gradually mixing with a good quality canned wet food mixed in, half and half for a couple of days and gradually reducing the dry food mixed in until she is on only wet after about a week.

Cats in the wild eat mice, birds, and other small mammals. They are meant to have a purly meat-based protein diet. Their stomachs are not meant to process things like brewers rice, corn gluten meal and wheat flour. These are some typical ingrediants in dry cat food. Some actually contain dried fruits, equally unsuitable for cats.

I suspect she will feel better in a few days.

Cheers,
Blue Wolf

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Caroline13456

Sorry I should have said a urinary tract affliction, not infection. It is more likely inflamed that infected.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Caroline13456

than infected. (Sorry, I am tired :hey

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I’ve had him and didn’t when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn’t keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it’s not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird…my neighbor’s cats hate him too). I’ve tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some “No More Spraying” but that hasn’t worked.

He’s a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I’m not looking and then does it. He’s learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at.

It wasn’t until I found **SNIP** that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior. Now my house nor my ropes don’t smell like a litter box anymore 🙂

Good luck everybody!

Jamie
edit on 10/11/2019 by semperfortis because: Removed Spam

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join