It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any conspiracy theories about the swastika (symbol)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

OK, I must admit I got a giggle out of that.

You have always been kind to me.

Actually, you gave me my first cookie years ago!

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I reply without reading all the thread, as usual.. :

In a nutshell; the Nazi swastika was borrowed from ancient Hindu texts, where a clockwise pointed swastika indicated evil and destruction, much like the hindu goddess (forgot her name) at CERN. But they mean the same thing, chaos and destruction. Nuff said.
The anticlockwise swastika turning to the left, was thought to be the opposite, showng all the virtues and morals of a good being.A sort of Hindu Yin/Yang.....
I have seen some dyslexic skinheads put the 'good' swastika on a wall and i thought, fools, you have just blessed this house, when you thought you were cursing it, haha

All the most ancient (human) text were written with straight lines, as this was easier to scrape into a stone tablet, that is why latin has mainly straight lines, it is much more difficult to scrape a curve into stone....the only notable exceptions being of course the egyptians, AND the ancient celts of northern europe, they did everything with spirals because they were more in contact with nature, as all fields are indeed spiral in their very nature....

Fascinating, yes, on topic, mmm who knows?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I see that Bigburgh, Finspiracy and the OP seem to have nailed it, so i'm out of here.
Later!

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh
I know it's conventional to say that Hitler reversed the symbol, but I'm going to query that assumption. It's well-known that Kipling got the symbol from Indian culture and used to plant it on his book covers before Hitler came along. Yet the symbol on his book-covers has exactly the same orientation as the version which your source is assigning to Hitler. I know that because I've got one in front of me (a school prize which my father received in 1932).

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

hitler plagiarizing Mr Kipling might just spell the end for neo-nazis.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRepublicOfCanada
The swastika had apparently been present in several human cultures and religions (over in Asia) until certain European movements apparently misappropriated it and it became a symbol of bad luck, misfortune and death.

Are there any conspiracy theories about the swastika and/or the use of the symbol?

Shatkona and Swastika are symbols of the devil. Nazis and Zionists both his weapons.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
An anceint symbol for spaceships, giant wheels of death an flame, and maybe also giant eyes that have eyes for days? Or was that something else?

Apparently in Norse, it was associated with Thor or even his hammer too.

+1 for a lego move reference. You definitely didnt let the oxygen out of my tank.

Cool thread - I didn’t know this about the swastika. The more you know...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRepublicOfCanada

Only the Ones that Revolve Counter-Clockwise.........

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Lol thanks.

Not to sound over presentive, but it turns out there actually is alot more depth to swastikas and how they are interpreted, individually to their own respecting culture, versus being almost recognizablly worldwide.

I got curious about how the Ancient Greek looked at( seeing as how they just love to argue about small things back then), and it not only symbolized life, but may have been a symbol for Zeus as well in some instances, to a majority of different thunder gods.

Even the bibical Cherubim or Thrones and how they are depicted may have iconically much like the swasitkas. Much like how the Garuda an Vimana are consider mounts or chariots in Hindu.

It only get weirder from there. Would love to try to make a thread about, but lack time an laptop, an also the mental stability for the time being to do it.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Try Researching it Counter Clockwise , you will be Surprised and Saddened by How a Beautiful Symbol was Perverted for Self Enrichment Over the Faithful Masses ...........(

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Well i have to agree with you there. it was indeed reversed and used against us, i.e.to indoctrinate the un=knowing masses. Even the Ukrainians believe that flight MH17 was shot down by God and not a russian made BUK rocket....god help us all, for we are all of us well and truly screwed.....

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The swastika is actually based upon an ancient Hindu symbol.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Why look for conspiracy theories (entertainment) when the truth is so much more telling, intriguing and beneficial to boot:

Why Jehovah s Witnesses Don t Use The Cross Part 2 of 2 (playlist and context)

There is a symbol above the entrance door of the Lakshmi Marayan temple in New Delhi, India. And again, over the entranceway to a Bali temple of Indonesia. It appears on weights of the Ashanti people in Africa. You will also find it on magical chains of North American Indians. It can be seen on a depiction of the footprints of Buddha. A Roman Catholic abbot used it as his personal coat of arms. And Adolf Hitler made it the emblem of the Third Reich of Germany. Yes, it is the swastika.

From where did the swastika get its name? In Indian Buddhism the form of the symbol with angles to the right is called “swastika.” This is derived from the Sanskrit term “svasti,” meaning “object of well-being.”

Tracing the Use of the Swastika (Awake!—1970)

Where Hitler First Saw It

As Hitler wrote in his book Mein Kampf, he brought the swastika flag before the public for the first time in the summer of 1920. He and his associates were very enthusiastic about their new banner with its ancient motif. He said: “Its effect was as that of a firebrand.” But where did Hitler see the swastika for the first time?

Hitler first saw this symbol during his childhood. Back then he lived in a small village close to the Benedictine monastery at Lambach, Upper Austria. For a while he was a choirboy there and lived at the monastery during the winter of 1897-1898. There, chiseled into the wall above the spring grotto in the courtyard, was the date 1860 together with a swastika. The symbol was also located on the monastery portal.

Further, the personal coat of arms of Abbot Theoderich Hagn of the monastery in Lambach bore “a golden swastika with slanted points on a blue field.”* [Die Wappen des Benediktiner-Klosters Lambach und seiner Aebte, by George Gruell, pp. 20, 23.]

Did the swastika make an impression upon young Hitler at that time? The opinions vary. But in the book Aus Adolf Hitlers Jugendland und Jugendzeit (The Period and Land of Adolf Hitler’s Youth) the following is said about the Benedictine monastery in Lambach: “Here it was that Adolf Hitler first came into contact with the swastika. . . . Even though Adolf Hitler later may have had entirely different motives in adopting this symbol, the fact cannot be obliterated that he spent a portion of his childhood under that symbol.”​—Pp. 14-16.

In his book Oberdonau, die Heimat des Fuehrers (The Upper Danube, the Fuehrer’s Home), Robert Lenk writes: “Choirboy Adolf Hitler saw the angular sign of the sun-wheel for the first time on the escutcheon of the archway of Lambach.” (P. 102) In the same book the writer mentions six country churches of the reputedly strongly Catholic Muehlviertel of Upper Austria on which the swastika symbol appeared.​—P. 42.

To many readers it may seem strange that Hitler’s political symbol was also to be found in a religious setting. However, upon examining additional cases of the use of the swastika throughout the world, one will find that the more common meaning of the swastika is decidedly religious rather than political. This we will see as we trace the swastika back to its origin.

Churches of Christendom

edit on 24-10-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 03:05 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   

well I think they used it because they were all about the ayran race and tracing their cultural identity through that , and they tried to trace it back to the earliest roots and so it led them to the search for shambhala and the inner earth

I think thats why so many cultures have it across the world because of the inner earth

if you wanted to read more about it you can look up the Ahnenerbe and their quest to find shambhala

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRepublicOfCanada
The swastika had apparently been present in several human cultures and religions (over in Asia) until certain European movements apparently misappropriated it and it became a symbol of bad luck, misfortune and death.

Are there any conspiracy theories about the swastika and/or the use of the symbol?

there is in fact huge conspiracy, in regards to the hooked cross, aka swastika. one that is so big, no one even sees it. and that is the vilification of a symbol over one country/party using it for about ten years. a symbol that not only at the time was used in other countries in Europe, such as Finland, even to this day, even by the US armed forces at that time. but a symbol that many separate groups and religions around the entire world, each have used for THOUSANDS OF YEARS. that is where the real conspiracy over this symbol lies.

and it is far past time to bring this symbol out of the dark, and back into the light where it belongs. and don't give me any "it's racist", or "it's used by racists", BS. in fact one of the primary reasons the symbol is even used by them is because of the misinterpretation of it, since the Nazis STOLE IT, and used it for themselves.

the fact pure and simple is the Nazis used it, specifically because of the power they felt it held, just like many other symbols, and even objects they took, stole and used. is the "spear of destiny" so vilified? no, but why not? after all the Nazis also took it and used it for the power they felt it held.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
In the video below, David Talbott associates the Swastika symbol with the alignment of Saturn, Venus, and Mars that occurred many thousands of years ago. When Saturn, Venus, and Mars aligned, they went through various configurations and during a phase of intense discharging of light streaming out from Venus, this planetary alignment took on a spinning Swastika fashion (as shown below, from ‘Discourses on an Alien Sky’), a form that various cultures around the world recorded stylistically as the Swastika.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join