It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost bark?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I know I haven't been on here in forever but I am posting this so it can be debunked.

I may have eaten lunch with a ghost on October 1st. I was sitting in my car and this piece of bark flew around for about 20 minutes. I thought it might be stuck in a spider web or something that I couldn't see but instead of just swinging back and forth it also went up and down and it moved out of the way when cars went by. I have no idea what was causing it to float around. I really want opinions on what it could be.
edit on 3-10-2019 by K_OS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: K_OS

That bark comes from the Volantus Corticibus. It’s an extremely lightweight bark that can be carried on light upward drafts, causing it to appear to be floating.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: K_OS
Looks like swamp gas to me. Swamp gas has been known to make things float. Maybe there is a field of swamp gas the next field over, and it somehow got stuck in a sinkhole and concentrated and is coming out the street from cracks in the ground, and thereby creating some hot air and therefore lift to float that maybe bark, or maybe feather around.

So there you go, its not a ghost, its swamp gas. Or it could be a swamp gas ghost. You never know.

Hey you were right next to it. For 20 minutes. I think that is enough time to not only eat your sandwich and walk over and check it out, maybe grab it out of the air so it quits floating around so much. But to also to bring it back to your car and google floating bark up.

So you tell us?
edit on 12amFridayam042019f5amFri, 04 Oct 2019 00:03:31 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well a quick youtube search shows, that ya. Sometimes bark just like to float around. Ah, happens.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I know we like to have a scientific explanation for everything ..but.. maybe..just sometimes..maybe their really is an unseen being or force playing with us. I'm trying to find magic in the world again..Suspend disbelief and open to wonder. Ya never know. I do believe things are not quite what they seem, but to what extent, I do not know.

pss.. when I opened this thread I totally thought it was going to be about a ghostly dog bark! 🐕

edit on 4-10-2019 by Starcrossd because: added info

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
"Suspend disbelief..."

There's a key word there. These bits of tree are suspended by spider silk. It's easy to tell because they are spinning on an axis, provided by the silk's attachment point.

If the people that recorded these videos really were curious about these things, they would've done what any truly curious person would do: pass a hand or a twig over the 'floating' item to see if it was connected to anything. Far as the thing in the first video changing it's height above the ground, that's simply the breeze swinging it back and forth. Of course it will change height.

I've spent a whole lot of time in the woods and I've seen this suspended stuff more times than I can remember.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

I know. I've done that many times myself..was just hoping there is some magic in the world somewhere.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks
The one spinning on its axis, ya they should just pass a hand over them and see, though its kind of in the middle of the road, but spiders have been known to build there webs in the middle of the road that's for sure.

But the other ones, and there are other ones out there, in the vids you cant really tell what they are even in the OPs vid, could be bark, or a feather, or a crumpled up dead leaf in a strange shape. But if its bark, its some pretty lightweight bark to just be floating around like that up and down, left and right at random on a light breeze that does not seem to even move the pollen around that much.

Either way more then half these floating bark mysteries could be solved if people got off there dam ass and went and plucked them out of the air.

top topics

join