It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Sending Nancy Pelosi a Demand Letter for a Full Vote

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

We already know from some recent hearings that Democrat controlled Committees are limiting Republican participation

examples?

Today's hearing is the latest... 😎

GOP laments Schiff’s handling of Ukraine probe, Volker testimony

About two-and-a-half hours into Volker’s deposition, Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican and founding member of the House Freedom Caucus, emerged and told reporters that Schiff wanted to limit certain members from questioning Volker and that the California Democrat had barred State Department lawyers from participating in the closed briefing.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Sillyolme

So they can investigate, why haven’t they subpoenaed anyone?

For one thing, Congress is on a 17 day vacation...not to return until October 15th. They can't vote by internet. Until they vote to start the official impeachment process (which includes the inquiry), any subpoena issued means no more today than it did 3 months ago...SAFE TO CONTINUE IGNORING.
edit on 10/3/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trump can help by calling them back in session. 24 hour notice should be enough.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Trump can help by calling them back in session. 24 hour notice should be enough.

Dims need to stay on vacation. Too much useless, annoying noise from the nasty ones like Waters, AOC, Green, Cummings, Rashida, Omar, Nadler, on and on...

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Pyle
But a full vote does nothing for an impeachment inquiry.

Per the constitution the house already has all the power it needs to compel the executive to hand over docs for oversight. Nor does the constitution give the house extra powers by declaring an impeachment inquiry with a full vote of the house.

Per the constitution the House has that power, yes.

A sub-committee of the House not so much, since impeachment proceedings require the attention of the full House.

As I've already said, Schiff doesn't even have subpoena power without a full vote of the House.

Perhaps you should get a little more familiar with the Constitution.

We currently do not have Impeachment proceedings going on in the House.

They like to call it that right now to fool the low-information voter though...

ETA... I've been gone for a bit, so can you please link for me the House Intelligence Committee's vote to go forward with an impeachment inquiry?

Thanks in advance...

Please cite the constitution, article or section, that requires a full house vote for an impeachment inquiry and where more power is given to the house when they do.

Bet ya don’t find anything.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Dems need to start the impeachment process, get the votes. I'm tired of them b17ching and not doing anything. I bet it would get voted down for the 4th time. lol Even if it ever passes it would just get killed in the Senate so the sooner the better.
edit on 3-10-2019 by ambassado12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

We already know that more than half are in favor of impeachment.

Dems love that word 'impeach'. Yet...crickets. They could have done this a number of times, but haven't.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

please. They have it in spades.

Jesus Christ.
When are you gonna learn not to hang your wig on the lying deceptions of your corrupt cult leaders?
We have seen this from you for 3 years now and you have been wrong....Every. Damn. Time.
You are the queen of nothing burgers.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

But a full vote does nothing for an impeachment inquiry.

Per the constitution the house already has all the power it needs to compel the executive to hand over docs for oversight. Nor does the constitution give the house extra powers by declaring an impeachment inquiry with a full vote of the house.

Per the constitution the House has that power, yes.

A sub-committee of the House not so much, since impeachment proceedings require the attention of the full House.

As I've already said, Schiff doesn't even have subpoena power without a full vote of the House.

Perhaps you should get a little more familiar with the Constitution.

We currently do not have Impeachment proceedings going on in the House.

They like to call it that right now to fool the low-information voter though...

ETA... I've been gone for a bit, so can you please link for me the House Intelligence Committee's vote to go forward with an impeachment inquiry?

Thanks in advance...

Please cite the constitution, article or section, that requires a full house vote for an impeachment inquiry and where more power is given to the house when they do.

Bet ya don’t find anything.

Article I, Section 2, Clause 5 of the Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power to bring charges against federal officers, including the President. If a majority of the House approves these charges, presented as a resolution called “articles of impeachment,” the matter is sent to the Senate.

Anything else you need hun?

ETA.. if you are actually talking about subcommittees and subpoena power...

A Survey of House and Senate Committee Rules on Subpoenas Congressional Research Service Rule X, clause 10(b) makes Rule XI, clause 2(a) applicable to select and joint committees, unless the House has decided otherwise. Applicability of this rule makes the other provisions of Rule XI, clause 2, including subpoena authority, applicable to select and joint committees.House Committees’ Rules on Subpoenas If a committee meets to consider one or more subpoenas for a witness, witnesses, or documents, it meets in a markup session, and members may offer amendments and motions, make points of order, and engage the relevant procedures and procedural strategy that could also occur in a markup of legislation. When a House committee or subcommittee will consider authorizing a subpoena, the committee’s rules on scheduling, notice, open meetings, quorum, and voting apply. Committees’ rules also mirror a House rule requiring a majority to be actually present to report (Rule XI, clause 2(h)(1)). The House Office of General Counsel maintains subpoena-related forms to assist committees and may advise committees on subpoenas.

In the case of the Intelligence committee, it takes a majority vote of the subcommittee.

A Survey of House and Senate Committee Rules on Subpoenas

Page 9.

You may want to also ask why this isn't being pursued by the Judiciary Committee, as it has been in every other impeachment.

Hint. It couldn't be heard in the Judiciary Committee because their own rules wouldn't allow this BS to fly.

Think about that.

edit on 3-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Getting that crowd to simply sit down on cue would be entertaining enough, but to go through a floor vote with distractions...comedy gold.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

please. They have it in spades.

You are deluded.

You've said Trumps finished now how many times?

If the Democrats 'had it in spades' they wouldn't be grooming Blasey Ford, Cohen, Stormy or this whistle blower.

They wouldn't be chasing shadows about the Mueller report (which was a total flop for you)

You're eventually going to have to come to terms with reality..

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

It is never "safe" to ignore a congressional subpoena!
I'm pretty sure that if you check, you will find that theres been plenty of them spit out of congess, both by dems and republicans through the years for a whole mess of investigations for various issues, most with no impeachment involved.
Lol.. if this crap wasn't so sad, it would be funny as all heck! Republicans impeached Clinton over a sexual misadventure but are crying foul when the dems investigate their man when him and his buddies are going around asking leaders of other countries to investigate his political opponents and our own intelligence agencies?

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

It is never "safe" to ignore a congressional subpoena!
I'm pretty sure that if you check, you will find that theres been plenty of them spit out of congess, both by dems and republicans through the years for a whole mess of investigations for various issues, most with no impeachment involved.
Lol.. if this crap wasn't so sad, it would be funny as all heck! Republicans impeached Clinton over a sexual misadventure but are crying foul when the dems investigate their man when him and his buddies are going around asking leaders of other countries to investigate his political opponents and our own intelligence agencies?

Clinton was impeached because he raped Paula Jones.

There was enough evidence that the Supreme Court allowed him to be tried in civil court as well, where he settled for $850,000 to keep it out of court.

His two articles of impeachment were perjury and obstruction of justice.

The Lewinsky scandal was just a side note.

If you consider rape a "sexual misadventure" then I truly feel sorry for you.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

But, before they can come up with an the articles of impeachment they need to investigate and make sure they have the evidence to support those articles.
Just like the cops have to do some investigation and come up with enough evidence to convince a judge that an indictment or arrest is warranted.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

And is Congress, with a Democrat majority, likely to vote against the initiation of impeachment investigations?

I know Trump is being a stickler for due process, but I think that the investigation will proceed.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

But, before they can come up with an the articles of impeachment they need to investigate and make sure they have the evidence to support those articles.
Just like the cops have to do some investigation and come up with enough evidence to convince a judge that an indictment or arrest is warranted.

Before they investigate a crime they first determine if a crime has been committed.

In this case, the "victim" has stated publicly that he did not feel pressured by Trump at all and was not aware of aid being possibly withheld until weeks later.

So we have a crime with no victim, it appears.

But Democrats are really good at making victims to help their cause, right?

Sorry... I have to stop talking to you now because you are so misinformed about the subject matter that replying to you is an actual waste of my time.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

By what I hear, Ukraine has decided that our help just isnt worth the headaches and has agreed to talk with russia and try to come up with some kind of peace deal.. which will not go in their favor. They kind of needed us standing for them while trump was chasing his conspiracy theories.

And, sorry but trump has his many, many, sexual misadventures, accusations of sexual assault and rape himself... and, probably wouldn't recognize the truth if it came up and bit him in the behind!!

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The Demorats are Running Scared . They Know their MANY Crimes are in the Process of being Exposed and Litigated Against them so they Conspire to Throw a " Hail Mary " Impeachment Probe in Order to Defect from their Dire Predicament right now . Time is Not on their Side . Each day that passes increases the gathering of Evidence that will Inevitably put All of them in a Jail Cell in the Not to Distant Future ...... .

edit on 3-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

And is Congress, with a Democrat majority, likely to vote against the initiation of impeachment investigations?

I know Trump is being a stickler for due process, but I think that the investigation will proceed.

If the House wants to lose their majority in 2020, sure!

I'm praying it does.

Keep posting!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Ask Hilary what happens when you deny Due Process when preparing Articles of Impeachment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join