It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change, I'm all ears how what do we do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm all ears. You want to save the earth from climate change, what do we actually need to do? I don't want to hear about taxes, or pie in the sky green new deals that won't help anything. I grew up with a family with No AC, not allowed to even turn on a fan in the summer because of guilt towards contributing to destroying the climate. My mother gave up chocolate coffee and many other joys in life because of guilt she was destroying the world. Yet the worlds still doomed...
Give me soluations that don't involve MONEY. If this is an issue what do you say we do? I'm admittedly skeptical on the issue having heard my entire life of the evil of man destroying the world ferngully style. Electric cars nope, the manufacturing causes incredible pollution. Solar power/wind power nope, the space required will offset plant growth which sucks up CO2 and stop land use for food production which we will need after all becoming vegan... please, no emotional arguements for or against here, I just want to hear what your real solutions are.

Real solutions we can actually enact, not political talking points.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Keep chugging away with solar wind and other renewables. Keep upping the MPG on cars. Keep using energy more effectively. Insulate your house. Walk more and ride your bike. Don't be a pig. User less plastic.

All common sense, and it save you money.
edit on 3-10-2019 by HanyManny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Call for Sky God

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
I'm all ears. You want to save the earth from climate change, what do we actually need to do? I don't want to hear about taxes, or pie in the sky green new deals that won't help anything. I grew up with a family with No AC, not allowed to even turn on a fan in the summer because of guilt towards contributing to destroying the climate. My mother gave up chocolate coffee and many other joys in life because of guilt she was destroying the world. Yet the worlds still doomed...
Give me soluations that don't involve MONEY. If this is an issue what do you say we do? I'm admittedly skeptical on the issue having heard my entire life of the evil of man destroying the world ferngully style. Electric cars nope, the manufacturing causes incredible pollution. Solar power/wind power nope, the space required will offset plant growth which sucks up CO2 and stop land use for food production which we will need after all becoming vegan... please, no emotional arguements for or against here, I just want to hear what your real solutions are.

Real solutions we can actually enact, not political talking points.

We all know the answer but we don't want to do it.
We have to stop being a global economy.

It isn't plastic straws doing the damage, it's the cargo ships, the airplanes, the trucks etc.
It the movement of things.
The other thing is that places like China and India need to stop and reverse their population growth.

What can you do personally?
Buy locally. Grow your own food. Build your own stuff from renewable sources. Don't pollute or waste water. Drive as little as possible.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Get rid of all your tech, cell phones, computers, television, anything that uses electricity or is made with petroleum. You also will have to get rid of all your clothing, anything that was produced using fossil fuels.

Anyone who doesn't do these things and complains about climate change is a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Mass population reduction.

And most of all ignore anyone pushing renewable energy.
Germany tried that and their emissions went up because of unreliable green projects.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You are on it! All good things.

You mention all the things you can do with your family and friends, and everyone wins. I let my neighbors use some of my land to grow a garden each year, because they have small yards. On Saturday my backyard is filled with folks from the neighborhood (spring and summer) who come out and we usually wind up having a little party after weeding. Some grilling and maybe a beer or two.

Think globally, act locally. Have a beer. Help a neighbor. Meet new friends.

It is all about us, in the sense that "us" is everyone.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
First, we have to address China and India. Anything before that is a waste of time and money since they lead the problem by a large margin.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Scientists have already concluded what would be the best solution to combat climate change and restore our earth, unfortunately it is easy and not a big money maker, so is ignored.

The restoration of trees remains among the most effective strategies for climate change mitigation. We mapped the global potential tree coverage to show that 4.4 billion hectares of canopy cover could exist under the current climate. Excluding existing trees and agricultural and urban areas, we found that there is room for an extra 0.9 billion hectares of canopy cover, which could store 205 gigatonnes of carbon in areas that would naturally support woodlands and forests. This highlights global tree restoration as our most effective climate change solution to date. However, climate change will alter this potential tree coverage. We estimate that if we cannot deviate from the current trajectory, the global potential canopy cover may shrink by ~223 million hectares by 2050, with the vast majority of losses occurring in the tropics. Our results highlight the opportunity of climate change mitigation through global tree restoration but also the urgent need for action.

Source link to access content and data

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Everyone should plant a tree. Or a hundred, in their lifetime.

Go back when you are an adult and look at the trees you have planted, and stand in awe as you realize that the thing that was your size as a young person is now bigger than your house, and will live to shade your grandchildren, who will say "grandpa planted that tree."

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Population control mechanisms and the entire planet joining in on a climate change pact. Which would inevitably lead to a One World Government. So NO THANKS.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MachineMan

Strongly agree. They complain about the climate changing (as it always has and always will, with or without humanity) and yet contribute to it as much as anyone else.

Pardon me if I ignore an obvious hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Even though I do eat meat once in a while, I think vegetarianism would help in the battle against the destruction of the environment. Also addresses health and ethical issues as well. I'd be on board with if it meant factory farming shut down and everyone had access to healthy alternatives.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny

Everyone should plant a tree. Or a hundred, in their lifetime.

Go back when you are an adult and look at the trees you have planted, and stand in awe as you realize that the thing that was your size as a young person is now bigger than your house, and will live to shad your grandchildren, who will say "grandpa planted that tree."

I have proprogated and do plant lots of natural trees throughout my lifetime. Would be difficult to calculate the amount. It is inexpensive and quite beneficial in many ways, not just climate control.

What the scientist are proposing means that certain areas will be the most beneficial geographically and that is why countries and governments need to get on board. You cannot simply grow trees on others land without permission.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Send AOC contribution money.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket
I eat meat, hunt and fish. But, moderation.

3-5 servings of meat a week. If you can, hunt or fish for it in a responsible way. Where I live there are way too many deer, and they over-browse the forest because humans have killed off the predators.So the deer wind up on the road killed by cars, which is costly. So I shoot about 2 or three a year.

Very good healthy lean meat for the family.

Also, fish is great food. It helps keeps your body free of fat. Fish in a responsible manner. Don't be a pig.

You don't need to be an A$$ about eating vegitables and fruits. I eat vegan one day, meat the next. But the meat is always a side dish. Keep healthy people!

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I plant a lot of fruit trees to help out the animals, along with berry bushes. My house has 6 acres, and I leave about 4 of them wild. Berries help the birds, and fruit tress help insects and larger animals.

Also, if you have the space, get a bee box. Bees pollinate most of our food, and they are really easy to set up. In addition, bees give you free honey, if your want it. If you don't, it is ok, they eat it.

You can grow some food, plant a tree with fruit, and have a bee box even if you live on a small plot.

And the rewards are greater than you will ever imagine! You don't have to be a radical, just think about how people used to live, and pretend you are a pioneer setting up your own homestead!

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Mass population reduction.

And most of all ignore anyone pushing renewable energy.
Germany tried that and their emissions went up because of unreliable green projects.

Agreed. I say it over and over again. A lot of our problems would be solved if the population decreased significantly.

That said, I haven't a clue how you would go about doing that besides an epidemic, global war, etc.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Hi Rob.
My condolences for your supersized auditory protuberances.

Am personally not convinced that anything needs to be done.

But it seems like many of the suggestions that arise, are in conflict with the capitalistic philosophy of non-stop growth.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Ummm...call chicken little...

I hear he's got the solution...

YouSir

top topics

<<   2 >>

join