It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India and China men outnumber women by 70 million

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
www.scmp.com...

In the world’s most populous nations, men outnumber women by 70 million. Both countries are trying to come to grips with the policies that created this generation of gender imbalance

There is something sadly ironic about this. Look at that number 70 million. That is a shocking number.
China's policy of one child, and India's selective gender abortions are two things that have caused this severe imbalance.
We all know the history. Men have been preferred in both of those countries for so long for a multitude of reasons.

What will be interesting to me is to see what happens as this wave of single men all come to age. What happens when they are lonely and bored, and are not able to fulfill basic their human needs.

I'll stop beating around the bush, I see this leading to more wars. Two of the most populated countries on earth, both sharing this same problem.
Angry men, a lot of angry men can make the world a very unstable place. I'm not saying all 70 million will have these feelings. Some will get foreign brides, some will just lead a single life. Some will even turn to same sex relationships (actually I think a lot will turn to this). I'm talking about the rest. Let's say 50 million men feel they got the short end of the stick.

Two of the most populated places on earth, with millions and millions of angry men, and to top it off they are running out of clean water, what could go wrong??

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

People that are getting laid don’t have time for wars. It’s a proven fact...someone get those men some women!

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Maybe they should make an inverse version of Mormanism

A wife gets multiple husbands.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You are correct. Throughout time when there has been a gender imbalance, not even as dramatic as it is now - war ensues.

It is nature's way of re-balancing.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

This has been something they've been talking about for years now.

And the population shrink that will hit those countries when all the single men die off will be another shock.

I wonder if a different dynamic will happen where women will have 2 or more husbands. Polyandry has existed in India in the past.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

My warped imagination sees this going one of two ways:
Either the rape statistics for both countries are going to start climbing sky high OR
We are going to see women with vast harems of male concubines take over both countries in every aspect.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

We are going to see women with vast harems of male concubines take over both countries in every aspect.

Best application for "the chickens will come home to roost".

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
They don't outnumber women. It's relatively equal. The only thing that is not equal is the killing of female babies.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

My warped imagination sees this going one of two ways:
Either the rape statistics for both countries are going to start climbing sky high OR

Rape and human trafficking is already growing.

Men are now working and saving more than ever before. In order to even be considered they have to have a house and be financially stable. Grooms families are now paying a dowry to the wives parents.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think it is overly sensational.
This is what they write.

Out of China’s population of 1.4 billion, there are nearly 34 million more males than females

1.4billion / 2 = 700 million.
34/2 = 17

So
Men = 700+17 = 717 million
Women = 700-17 = 683 million

That is around +-2.5% derivation and not really much.

link   

Rape and human trafficking is already growing.

Except the human trafficking is taking women from the east and putting them in western massage parlors further exacerbating the problem.

link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
They don't outnumber women. It's relatively equal. The only thing that is not equal is the killing of female babies.

Listen here buddy, I'm tired of posts like these. All the adults in the room know we are talking about the amount of LIVING men to women in China and India.

This is not an OP on abortion. You create one if that's what you want to discuss.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

While the percentage of difference may not be large... All it takes is a handful of angry horny men to cause a ruckus.

70 million could produce... Like, five handfuls of angry horny men

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
I can keep angry men in check. Even multiple (great idea!).

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
a reply to: CriticalStinker
I can keep angry men in check. Even multiple (great idea!).

We're here to spitball and solve nations' problems.

I don't know if we've done it yet, but if we do that would be neat. Also, if we could do the opposite once that would be a God level troll, and I would laugh without apology.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Remind me not to move to India or China. The dating prospects seem quite dire.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Remind me not to move to India or China. The dating prospects seem quite dire.

I'm going to do it as a power move, dominance doesn't come without challenge.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
they will have to legalize prostitution.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The adults did a documentary on this topic. I watched it. Having a female baby in those countries is not a moment of utter joy. It's frowned upon.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
For both women and men you need suitable partners not just the opposite sex and both women and men on this planet have learned not to settle for insane behaviors.

Feminism and MGTOW movement is a symptom of this.

What will happen is that the women and men that are more interested in hobbies/interest/spirituality will find other outlets than the normal "I got to procreate (create a bio quantum machine and connect a soul to it)" to find meaning.

If we are lucky we will get Millions of evolved Yogi/Buddhas with extreme awareness about energetic body states.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join