It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a strange day...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I am usually the sort of bloke who always helps someone.. I used to sit with the homeless here, and just give them someone who would listen, without wanting or asking for anything in return.

Today Was not a day I expected to be anything.. I woke in a foul mood, the world still stank of it's effortless efforts of decay..

I had to go pick up an item from a store, knowing today was going to be filled with walking.. I know, I'll just get drunk first!! ahha problem solved, turn the day into a journey of obnoxious extents.

I packed up everything, grab my walking bottle and head off. "What wonder will await," I ponder... "not much, it's only thursday.." I conclude.

I make it the 45 minutes to the main carousel. A sea of human soup, filled with all manner of detritus and decay.. They're everywhere.. Oh god...

I sit inside for a brief moment, determined to avoid any eye contact, and persuade the world that I am not even there.. and it works.. I meander through the decadence, the sordid monstrosity that is what now is considered society, and from the other side I am greeted with the open road and the store I need to attend.

Transaction complete, I bid the fair maiden farewell, and off! Off I go. but that one thing captures me.. stills me in it's snarl. hungry Jacks. Oh god, the stench of burnt meat sweltering in hot oil is just too much to pass by. I succumb.. I enter into that hellish abode, and find myself at the back of a long queue, with but one till in attendance.

Never mind, the allure of the decaying fruits of death entice me still..

Suddenly, I hear a whisper... I look, and there she is.. a woman, or adult child of some description.. her face of an angel, her eyes so besotting me , but her lips and words, of a hundred addictions...

"''Scuse mate, you getting a burger, or a meal or something?"
"I'm getting a burger.. Why?"
"Can you do me a favour, scan this and get me a sundae?"

She hands me her phone, the screen showing a bar code with the words 'Free Sundae' and a timer ticking down.. I wonder just what sort of trap this is, but see her, begging me... I succumb.

"Sure.." I say, her phone as cracked and broken as her life.. how can I resist.

I order my heart attack in a bun, dripping with mayo and death, and ask "Can you scan this also?"

"ok..." the lackadaisical languishing lady says... "Uhh, have you already used this?"

"No.." I reply, insisting she just get on with it, and stop dallying.

"Ok, I just get manager.."

I look to the lass who has persuaded me into this sordid silliness, and she looks sad.. My reluctance retreats.

"Ok, Ahh, this is only with burger. You can choose from this menu."

I peer across the menu, nothing under $12... so I am stuck in a quandary... Tell this feeble young starving harlot that she can hop it, or... do what my soul insists... "What flavour sundae you want?"

"Caramel!" her eyes bright and her voice lifted.

I get her the bacoun cheeseburger deluxe with everything, and her sundae..

She has no idea, and says "Where's your burger?"

"I've gotta order it now, you own me a burger!" I smile.. she still isn't sure.

"Nah, you have that, it's your burger!"

"No, just enjoy your meal hey.."

"Oh thank you, I can wait, hey.. get yours!" she beamed, still unsure why a big hairy bastard didn't tell her to get nicked, I'm sure.

"Nah, I gotta go soon, but no worries."

And before I could even ask her name, she was gone...

Walked in there, after a hell walk through piles of selfish things, and left with a smile.. I hope she enjoyed her sundae.. was well worth the price to see her smile.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Good to see empathy and humility still prevailed.

What better time for a soul switcher to test you than when your already feeling anxst.

Battle won but beware the war.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Many years ago, I was in such a dark place... I sat in my city, on the very edges of it, no one was around.. My head was down and I was just lost...

I heard a Clump Clump Clump.. and looked up, and there was this wisp of a girl in a short flowing skirt, wearing doc martins and a tight fitting top looking down at me..

She ask "You want a smoke, mate?"

"Nah, I'm ok hey, thanks."

"You sure?"

I smiled.. "I'm fine hey but thank you!"

"It's ok mate, I know them feels.."

and she skipped away, Clump Clump Clump..

I never knew angels could be so human, but she was certainly an angel. I lifted my head and thought better things.

From that day I promised myself to never look away when people are lost. An angel gifted me with that understanding.

Sometimes just being there to listen, can change someones world. But a kind deed is always remembered.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Very much so.

I also came from very dull dark experiences within life and soon realised i was being guided down a different path than what initial destiny had planned for me, i share nothing in common with the personality types that tried to mold my identity and i couldn't be more grateful.

I am constantly tested multiple times a day however big or small, i am highly spiritual and the dark side wants me back where it believes i belong - darkside investment in my soul was absolute, i still prevailed with what can only be described as positive spiritual intervention that is undeniable to me. It is why my belief in JC is so unbreakable but it's only JC not the church.

I could give you many similiar experiences but i have learnt that disclosure (and I'm not having a crack at your disclosure) just in my experience is always detrimental to a degree to further assistance (Dont want to elaborate).

There is - as would come as no surprise to you a undeniable spiritual war intensifying and all we can do is extend the hand of compassion in total sincerity in order to keep our spiritual compass on track.

We've been shown the way guided from a early stage, it's up to us to uphold it - although as you say b/w the lines it's very nice to know the angels still know when a little nudge is needed as the fight is so overwhelming sometimes.

Good to know they are fighting as hard as the dark side to keep their chosen ones even if that means we must have a specific purpose to be so closely monitered/helped/guided.

As you also know there is a massive gap between those who call themselves christian as those who actually are for the most part if not the lions share of the pie.

Nothing strange about today champ, just another step up the ladder in your ascension path.

Keep it up.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Today....

What a weird coincidence for me. Reading this. I went to Bunnings today to exchange 2 gas bottles for the hot water service at home. It's a bit of a drive and I smoke 'roll yer flamin own tobacco'. So here I was rolling 3 for the trip back home.

Anyways, as I was sitting I saw this young fella with a dog on a lead. He has a tobacco pouch and a plastic bag. Bare feet mind you. Tattered jeans and unshaven. Looked about 25 years old.

He was scrounging cigarette butts off the car park bitumen. He'd squeeze the tobacco out into the pouch and put the butt end into the plastic bag. As he passed by the front of the car it was obvious he couldn't see me through the tinted windows and screen. Well, just finished rolling the third. I got out of the car and said, "Hey mate." He looked at me suspiciously but I handed him a rolly. He said, "Cheers". Couldn't help it, I reached into the car and gave him my whole pouch. He stared at me for a second or two so to prevent his embarrassment, I grabbed my bottles I went into Bunnings.

Didn't see him when I returned. On the way home I smoked my 2 remaining cigs, dropped into the local store an bought a new pouch. (96 bucks! WTF did I do?) Now here comes 'Ripley's' believe it or not. I know the store owner. He has one leg and walks with a limp on his metal prosthesis. This is true as mate from now on,

He said, "Follow me, walk this way"

So I did with a pretend limp smiling. Out the front door we went to his beautiful blue ute. He went to the passenger door opened it and lifted out a beautiful Blue Ray DVD player with remote and all the connections. As new.

I said sheepishly, "What this for"

He said, "I offered your wife a discount for DVD's, she told me you didn't have a player. I just bought a new one so you can have this."

Stupidly I said, "How much?"

He went "hrmph" and limped back into the store with me jokingly saying, "Crikey, you don't get stuff anymore off the back of a truck!"

I went back to the car. Put the player on the back seat. Got inside and rolled two more cigs. I could see him in the shop window. He was smiling. As I pulled out I tooted and waved. When I got home I spoke with my wife on the phone. (she is away presently). She said, "yeah, he told me he had a used dvd player if ever I needed one. He'd just bought a newer model".

I drove thoughtfully home.

Gallop, maybe, your kind act will repay you more than self satisfaction. Maybe not as quick as it did me. But you'll be rewarded in some way.

My kind regards,

bally

edit on 3-10-2019 by bally001 because: perspective

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Dear Gallop,

If you were to write a novel, I think I would enjoy reading it front to back. That was very well written and quite an enjoyable view of your day with a wonderful ending. If all of us were so lucky to have our days end so perfectly.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

This !!

Mate, I would never seek or ask for repayment for a good deed.. but man, that's exactly what I'm talking about.. what a great thing.

My payment was seeing a smile on a person so lost, that all she wanted was a sundae from a free bar code. I was paid in full. Same as when I'd sit with a homeless bloke here in Perth, Ray.. the most timid person you could ever meet, his speech was as whispers, and he would draw the most intricate numbers, his explanation of what they meant lost in the wind.. but he would jump at the chance to explain them..

I think lately, I've been given more than enough to warrant giving back.. I have very little, and my future holds nothing... but there is within that, still.. myself.

Your telling makes me smile again..
thank you.
edit on 3-10-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Dear Gallop,

If you were to write a novel, I think I would enjoy reading it front to back. That was very well written and quite an enjoyable view of your day with a wonderful ending. If all of us were so lucky to have our days end so perfectly.

You remind me of an English teacher I had long ago. Thank you for your kind words.

I may yet still write something, one day. I'm no Tim Winton, but I envy his work.

And the funny thing is, as I sat in the mall with my tablet and I wrote that OP, I lost it as I tapped a random area and could not recover my words.. So I closed the tablet, and walked home, without regret.. no urgency in re-writing what seemed lost, what I knew they were words already written.

Cheers mate..

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I was gobsmacked when I read your post because my scenario happened not long before I read it. Difference only being I was given something later in return.

I have often held out the helping hand and at times been looked at as if I'm stupid' i.e. going without to help others. In saying this this I am selfish to this point. I have been in the pit of despair at times and worked to get where I am. I will not give up what I have gained entirely. I like this part of my life. I am moving on in age but when I see a soul gathering discarded waste for survival I am happy to clothe them and make them warm and special. Perhaps I see the honesty in some. I dunno.

If I ever see the young dude again I'll take him and his dog across the road from Bunnings to HJ's and shout them both a meal.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

...dropped into the local store an bought a new pouch. (96 bucks! WTF did I do?)

Holy CRAP!! $AUS 96...for a pouch of tobacco???? WOW!!

I heard tobacco had gotten expensive down there, but I had no idea it was THAT expensive!!! That's crazy expensive!

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, and it was only a 50 gram pouch of Champion Ruby. Earlier I bought a 4 liter bladder of Tawny Port for 20 bucks. Dunno which does the most harm. lol.

$50 for 18 Kilos of gas. (2 exchange bottles @ 9kg each)

Cheers for the reply.

Kind regards

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Wow! What's the exchange rate these days? Used to be about $US 1.50 to $AUS 1.00.

Just looked it up; now it's the other way around...$US 0.68 to $AUS 1.00

ETA - Last time I was down there was in the late '90's. Times change I guess.

edit on 10/3/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Mid to late 70's was over your way in while the Aust navy. Enjoyed the exchange rate. Can't say presently I'd go over there now for a holiday. Perhaps tobacco might be cheaper?

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I think that in these times, these are the things we need to remind ourselves of.
not the good in others, so much.. but within ourselves. Your stoyr, as others here, has really given me a feeling of hope..

We're not alone, if we individually, can be together.. And as far and wide as we are apart, that distance is merely one single act away.

cheers my friend..

Oh and port?? *skitters*... my walkabout was a bunch of Sherry.. lol.. or.. Sweet death. *gak*

Onto the lesser hooch now, some moselle. But I do save on the smokes.. vaping 50mg home blended salt nic juice. gosh I am simply asking for it, huh!!

Slainte, and to all who din, go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat!

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Yeah, and it was only a 50 gram pouch of Champion Ruby. Earlier I bought a 4 liter bladder of Tawny Port for 20 bucks. Dunno which does the most harm. lol.

$50 for 18 Kilos of gas. (2 exchange bottles @ 9kg each)

Cheers for the reply.

Kind regards

I have to ask what was the label on that port? I can't get 4 litres of fortified anywhere. it's $19 for 2 litres of sickness here.

I remember when I was studying years ago, one student.. she was a sight.. so proper, so prim.. deliciously pretty.. but during break, there she'd be outside, licking the lips of a rollie, and spitting bits of tobacco.. lol

I think it enamoured her even more. genuine. I do miss those days. 30 years ago.

Darn goon bag is taking it's toll !! Oo

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Thanks for your kind words Gallop.

Bit of Irish or Gaelic there I see.

A toast to you as well.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Wow! What's the exchange rate these days? Used to be about $US 1.50 to $AUS 1.00.

Just looked it up; now it's the other way around...$US 0.68 to $AUS 1.00

ETA - Last time I was down there was in the late '90's. Times change I guess.

We are hamstrung over everything.. Can't even buy normal taylor mades in a pack without it being hidden behind a box, and the packet is a bland brown, with images of autopsies all over it.

Last I got, it was $27 for a packet of 25's.. a pouch is ridiculously priced.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

A toast to you as well.

Kind regards,

Bally

Haha, a slainte is always better than a pog mo thoin!!

I come from scottish, irish, and liverpool stock.. You can see why I'm a confliction..

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

DE BORTOLI. Supermarket prices from 'Shopping World' in my neck of the woods. Normally about 24 dollaros from the drive through.

2 liters strangely enough is just as expensive in other brands but I did find a $9.99 2 lt box in a shop further out of town. Some obscure brand. Very obscure after drinking. I must say add $2.50 for a slab of panadols of which I will partake of before I hit the fart sack shortly. Nearly midnight here and I have had a long 2 days.

Kind regards,

bally.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

A toast to you as well.

Kind regards,

Bally

Haha, a slainte is always better than a pog mo thoin!!

I come from scottish, irish, and liverpool stock.. You can see why I'm a confliction..

Interesting blend you got there. I followed my lineage back and see some of my predecessors have currency back to the early 1800's. But, yes, of Scottish, Irish and Britain heritage in the mix.

Maybe why I drink so much and love ships.

Bally

top topics

<<   2 >>

join