It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day Shall Come

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Firstly, not sure where to put this thread but here seems appropriate. Anyway, I was watching Channel 4 News on YouTube earlier and it was an interview with Chris Morris, the director of a new film called The Day Shall Come. For those unfamiliar with Chris Morris, he's probably most famous for Brass Eye in the UK and the film Four Lions. Like Four Lions, The Day Shall Come is a comedy take on terrorism.

Here is the film trailer:

It says its based on 100 true stories, taking elements from various true stories, of terrorism in America and the FBI's reaction to it. Basically what they do is invent a plot then go out and find a patsy to commit an offence by joining their plot. It keeps terrorism at the forefront of peoples attention and the convictions make the FBI look to be on top of the situation. In the news interview Morris explains he used 100 stories in the film as a loose estimate, being a nice number, but their could be as many as 300 instances of the FBI doing this since 9/11. Does this sound realistic to any Americans reading this?

The interview veers away from the film a bit in the middle but ends with a few more comments. Here is the interview, worth a watch a Morris is quite a smart, satirical, guy.

Anyway, interested to hear peoples opinions on both the subject matter and his take on the situation.

Cheers.

Edit to add I've been up for 23 hours so going to crash out. Will check back later.
edit on 3/10/2019 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

I know an FBI agent. It doesn't work like this from what I can tell. FBI agents work with informants. I guess the informants could be some kind of orchestrated mole but I doubt it. From the stories I can tell the people they stop are simply psychopathic anarchists as far as I can tell.

For example, this guy:

FBI releases photo of teddy bear pipe bomb

I'm a bit of leftist pacifist. But after my relationship with my friend I have a ton more respect for the FBI and what they do.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I know an FBI agent. It doesn't work like this from what I can tell. FBI agents work with informants. I guess the informants could be some kind of orchestrated mole but I doubt it. From the stories I can tell the people they stop are simply psychopathic anarchists as far as I can tell.

For example, this guy:

FBI releases photo of teddy bear pipe bomb

I'm a bit of leftist pacifist. But after my relationship with my friend I have a ton more respect for the FBI and what they do.

Did you also learned from him how to structure your sentences so no one can rapid read them? Or are you just having fun and hurting people around LMFAO!

J/k guy, but it hurts to read through so many stops LOL.. Just saying :S

edit on 3-10-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Methinks you just got edumacated. Take note of the advice. But then, after, reading the OP. Don't be a patsy and commit an indiscretion to join the plot.

If you could think FBI might be monitoring this site then someone may suddenly become your best friend and confidante in this 'incidence'.

Kind regards,

Bally,

edit on 3-10-2019 by bally001 because: comprehension

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

I have no idea what you both are talking about. Give me an example of what you are finding confusing so I may help you understand English.

What does "rapid read them" mean?

edit on 3-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Yeah and you tend to have a habit of making up stories

If we're to believe everything you've claimed thus far, you're the most connected man on the planet

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Did you even click on the link of the guy from South Carolina? The guy was a total psychopath. Are you some kind of anarchist? He could have really hurt someone with those pipe bombs.

What is wrong with this country? Down is up and up is down. You people are insane.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

If we're to believe everything you've claimed thus far, you're the most connected man on the planet

You don't have friends? I have friends. I have one friend who is an FBI agent. It's not a big deal. I've known him since college.

As far as the other stuff. I've been an engineer all my life. I've worked in semiconductors and the banking industry. I used to own my own company and imported electronics from factories in China and sold it over the internet mail order. I have kids. I coach sports. That's about it.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I have no idea what you both are talking about. Give me an example of what you are finding confusing so I may help you understand English.

What does "rapid read them" mean?

If you are a native English speaker, and you don't know what 'rapid reading' means, then you are in trouble

Did you just take my words out of context?

how to structure your sentences so no one can rapid read them

"rapid read them"

And you can't get that?

So you don't know what rapid reading is all about? Then that's on your education mister, figure it out

I'm not your teacher

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I was born and raised in New Jersey. Please educate me on rapid reading. I would love to hear your profound insights into proper English grammar and how to properly structure an English sentence for maximum impact and comprehension. Thanks.

In the meantime, I don't understand the nonsense of your ad hominem attacks. But regardless I love good conspiracies. I love seeing the dots connected. For example, look at my posts in this thread

Betsy Lee Mcgee aka Conspiracy Theorista

And I thought this video was interesting:

CARLOS ARREDONDO - BOSTON BOMBING COWBOY CRISIS ACTOR

I totally get the false flag attack thing and it bothers me if it's true the American public is being manipulated by people who are breaking the law and hurting other people.

However, when I read the OP I had experiences that the FBI is not as bad as sometimes people claim. I only know one FBI agent and the guy is someone I respect. I just relayed a story about what the FBI does. There are real psychopaths in this country who WILL hurt people. The guy in South Carolina is a great example of what the FBI does.

I'm sorry for whatever I said and my bad English for saying it.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I was born and raised in New Jersey. Please educate me on rapid reading. I would love to hear your profound insights into proper English grammar and how to properly structure an English sentence for maximum impact and comprehension. Thanks.

In the meantime, I don't understand the nonsense of your ad hominem attacks. But regardless I love good conspiracies. I love seeing the dots connected. For example, look at my posts in this thread

Betsy Lee Mcgee aka Conspiracy Theorista

And I thought this video was interesting:

CARLOS ARREDONDO - BOSTON BOMBING COWBOY CRISIS ACTOR

I totally get the false flag attack thing and it bothers me if it's true the American public is being manipulated by people who are breaking the law and hurting other people.

However, when I read the OP I had experiences that the FBI is not as bad as sometimes people claim. I only know one FBI agent and the guy is someone I respect. I just relayed a story about what the FBI does. There are real psychopaths in this country who WILL hurt people. The guy in South Carolina is a great example of what the FBI does.

I'm sorry for whatever I said and my bad English for saying it.

This is like very embarrassing mister, i don't know why you had to write all that stuff

Rapid reading is a technic that allows you to read through books and paragraphs in a faster way than normal reading

What's the point in all that stuff you wrote?

Rapid reading is a common thing across all countries and languages in the world

But having unexpected stops or hard stops on sentences makes it hard to read using that technique

Why do i have to explain this?

Pearson

So if for example i say

Hey you should have listened. Because i know better than you. And i have gone through better education. And you could never know how much better it is. Unless i tell you

Is that easy to read? Or is a pain because i'm trying to write very short sentences to make your reading tiring and boring?

I don't know about you, but i was reading lines in two sections by the time i was in third grade, and then i was able to read a single line in 3 sections by picturing the page in 3 parts, then just kind of looking at each line and seeing the first part as a picture, then the second part, then the third part. You don't have to read every character to recognize the word, you can just 'see it' and know it and you mostly skip it so you are "rapid reading"

edit on 3-10-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Sorry, in New Jersey, I was not taught such advance reading techniques. I would not know how to write sentences such that someone who knew rapid reading would not be hindered by my use of a "stops". When I post to the forums here I try to pretend I'm talking with the person in the same room with me. As I said, I have an engineering background. So after years and years of reading specifications I tend to be terse to avoid ambiguity as much as possible.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Sorry, in New Jersey, I was not taught such advance reading techniques. I would not know how to write sentences such that someone who knew rapid reading would not be hindered by my use of a "stops". When I post to the forums here I try to pretend I'm talking with the person in the same room with me. As I said, I have an engineering background. So after years and years of reading specifications I tend to be terse to avoid ambiguity as much as possible.

I think it's more like we live in different worlds

I never tried to insult you in any way, i just learned to read like that and when i see people making stops and hard stops so frequently it makes it hard to read.

In this case it connected me to the idea of doing it just to make people like me stand up and i happily did

I never intended this in any form of insult

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

a reply to: bally001

Did you even click on the link of the guy from South Carolina? The guy was a total psychopath. Are you some kind of anarchist? He could have really hurt someone with those pipe bombs.

What is wrong with this country? Down is up and up is down. You people are insane.

Look mate, I'm totally with you on the insane things that people do. I am not an anarchist in any way. I live a quiet life on a farm. Sure the guy had a few roos loose in his top paddock and that doesn't excuse him for his indiscretion as far as I'm concerned. He's a FW. But you threw this "I have an FBI friend" into the mix of things and my answer was directed to that point entirely. Please reread my response again.

Sorry if I confused you with my writing.

Kind regards as always,

Bally

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Progressives have the bestest stories.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Number 3 on this list is a relevant one.

edit on 3-10-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join