It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prejudice By Necessity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I am not sure this is the correct forum for this...it may need to be moved. I was thinking today. We read a lot here about people being Prejudice. Something I really don't understand at all, but as I said, I was thinking today. Perhaps during times of war and conflict..... Prejudices are a bit of a necessity. No one wants to fight and kill someone that they think are good people, people just like themselves, people who have mothers and father, a wife. No one wants to kill someone they think they could possibly be friends with if it weren't for opposing governmental sides and issues.....so perhaps prejudices are sometimes a necessity?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'll bite

You are right but it is not just a time of war thing. It is a daily thing, that unfortunately is sometimes necessary. Quick example. Your next door neighbors like to cook up meth. So you kids want to play with their kids. Do you allow it. Sometimes prejudice and profiling are just necessary realities.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
Quick example. Your next door neighbors like to cook up meth. So you kids want to play with their kids. Do you allow it.

No...and I always hated it when something prevented me from allowing my children to play with other children due to the problems/practices, of the parents. It's not the children's fault. However, I love my kids and I won't/wouldn't risk them being hurt or influenced by such kids, even though it is sad that it has to be that way. So I guess, in thinking of it in that way, I have a prejudice.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I wearing you down........(steve urkle)

Reason and logic, Tarzan say "good", feelings nice but impractical.

Disclaimer: This is not a license to be mean and cruel

I give you one more. You are in somolia, and 50 kids are begging for some money but you only have a twenty. Do you a)rip it into 50 pieces b) give it to the weakest and most needy, c) give it to the strongest so he does not have to beat the crap out of the one you wanted to give it to, d) keep it all to suck down 4 gin and tonics when you get back to the hotel.

Disclaimer: I have never been in Somalia

They may not have a hotel like they did in Kenya.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Personally, I'd buy them all something...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What a rock to play with? There are no walmarts there. They want food and none is available for you to buy at the moment..geez

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
What a rock to play with? There are no walmarts there. They want food and none is available for you to buy at the moment..geez

But I meant I would buy them food.....I could never stand to be there with starving children and not feed them!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
But I meant I would buy them food.....I could never stand to be there with starving children and not feed them!

Its nice to see someone with high morals on ATS

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If food was available would not any give it to them?

It is not always available. So send them some today.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
We all have prejudices, LadyV, whether we like to admit possible negative ones or not. Keep in mind not all prejudices have to be negative.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
So ,lets take it a step further lady V.
Here in romana, you will often see chldren (many holding puppies) begging on the side of the road, but would you give if you knew that the were forced to beg by the local mafia? Or that the Local mafia takes everything they make, and that when they get older, and are no longer quite so cute, that they cut of thier legs (involuntarily , do I need to add?) to insure they can still produce?
Or that while they are out begging, thier sisters (only the boys beg the local mobs have much more profitable uses for the girls) are being trained as early as 9-10 for prostitution, and that every single dollar you give to that cute little boy with the puppy goes to train his little sister how to suck cock?

Would you still give, knowing this.

BTW this is not a hypothetical situation it is simply the way things are.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
As early as 9-10? And gays have the monopoly on pedophilia huh?

That is assuming these girls aren't being trained for lesbians.

edit: To add my emoticons do not show that I find this horrible act ammusing in the slightest.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by MacMerdin]

[edit on 8-3-2005 by MacMerdin]

top topics

join