It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is afraid of Elon Musk ? Starship update - things are moving fast !!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: Nairda

Sorry, but while rockets still depend on liquid fuel they will be little more than toys as far as manned space exploration go. their seed and range is too limited to take people much further than Mars.

That is essentially all rockets will be used for in the history of humanity , once we get to the moon and mars in permanence we will develop alternative methods of space travel. Rockets will only be used up until the point we create orbital elevators or something similar to reduce launch costs.

We will construct massive orbital manufacturing facilities for ships which will eventually dwarf the space x colony ship.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Sorry, but while rockets still depend on liquid fuel they will be little more than toys as far as manned space exploration go. their seed and range is too limited to take people much further than Mars.

That is essentially all rockets will be used for in the history of humanity , once we get to the moon and mars in permanence we will develop alternative methods of space travel. Rockets will only be used up until the point we create orbital elevators or something similar to reduce launch costs.

We will construct massive orbital manufacturing facilities for ships which will eventually dwarf the space x colony ship.

As long as there is ice on the destination planet fuel is not a problem and it can be synthesized locally . As far as the choices SpaceX is making in terms of materials and technology this guy has the full breakdown (Every Day Astronaut Youtube Channel) in the video below . I do not believe that a space elevator will ever be built. The engineering is just too crazy in my opinion.

edit on 3-10-2019 by Nairda because: add to reply

edit on 3-10-2019 by Nairda because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

yeh the space elevator was always one I thought would never happen simply because of the engineering feat involved.

I always thought we'd just find an easier way to get into space at less cost , maybe with an alternative fuel which is easier and cheaper to manufacture than Rocket fuel

Once we have orbital ship yards that wont be as much of a problem. Like you said if there are fuel and other resources for manufacturing already in space then it no longer becomes a problem on a massive scale , it gets smaller as
you would offset any costs of ground to orbit launches with the profit from all the space mining etc.
Up until the point the cost becomes negligible or a new alternative fuel is found which is cleaner and cheaper.
or a new method of propulsion is discovered that doesn't require rockets.

I think it would open up a new age of humanity , back to the pioneering , hunter gatherer lifestyle , but in the vast expanse of space.

I would personally love to go off world and start somewhere new !

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Enough people of repute have come forward admitting to have piloted or ridden in a flying machine of some sort of another be it of interdimensional or extraterrestrial orgin. Military people. Scientists. People who show no other sign of narcissism or attention starvation and people with good reputations and few with any reasons to doubt them. I for one think the majority of their claims are real. It is too easy to spot a fake ::cough ahem coreygoodsundteit ahem::....yea, I'm looking you're direction ...tsk tsk.

Anyway, if the elite know of a true impending ELE coming and they somehow succeed in building an orbiter and five moon and Mars capable ships in just a year, then they are faking Space X and once they show us the completed hunks of junk and make killings in the public flocking to invest, they will climb into the fuel free, always airbkrd, saucer like craft of which they have a ton and work safely and stably on anti gravity. Nobody is really blowing thousands of metric tons into the atmosphere any time soon which will floattheougj can Allen and the debris fields and land on Mars where the atmosphere is poison and climate inhospitable.

If they pull the flight off its downed UFOs they drove there. If they survive living there and can so easily successfully move, then Mars is either more like Earth than they say or it has decent sized colonies on it already who can help them acclimate whether human or Martian if fhere is a difference. A trusted friend of the family and a person I would also trust being in the know both claimed that Mars is inhabited and the American settlement there was in the neighborhood of just reaching five figure population back in the 80s. Can't confirm if it is true but I don't know these people to fabricate BS or seek attention.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
All fine and dandy leaving the planet and all...

Until you land on Mars or Europa or whatever else, botch the colony, and realize you can’t take off again. rich folk problems...
edit on 10/4/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

thing is the mars 1 project NASA were developing in the 70's already planned for this ocurrance and they set up a Hydrogen generator before humans even arrive. Meaning there is a fully fueled return vessel to take you home before the astronauts even arrive on the surface of mars!

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Its purpose in reality is only to save the elites from the hell they create here when nuclear launch buttons are pushed or from the coming poleshift if it beats them to it.

They've come to realize their bunkers just wont cut it.

They will look back on the destruction from their cosy new flying city.

If that is the case, I pity their souls.

If they are that sick, I pity their very souls.

Meanwhile, that is one cool ship. I would love to be an Explorer. It is time for people to reread Isaac Asimov books. I would start with the Foundation Trilogy. The future of man is perhaps special and we need to get out there like Capt Kirk and the Starship Enterprise.

ETA
Asimov, Isaac

edit on 4-10-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join