It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe the only way to eradicate rape, domestic violence and child molestation???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny
If somebody is proven guilty of rape, the rapist should pay, no arguments with that.

If somebody is found not guilty of rape, meaning there just isn't enough proof of the accusation, the accused should be a free person.

If somebody is proven innocent of rape, meaning the accuser lied, the accuser should be sentenced to the same punishment as the actual crime.

There is a clear distinction between 'not guilty' and 'innocent'.
edit on 3-10-2019 by SouthernForkway26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: InTheLight

Once you are locking them up for life, does castration matter?

Depends on if they continue to rape other inmates, I would imagine. What makes a rapist? I don't understand it.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

A) how is prosecuting fake rape allegations going to stop rapes?!?!

It won’t... not a single one ... and might even increase them..

Because who comes forward if the guy is not convicted, then they end up in jail?!?!

No one.

That is the unintended consequence of prosecuting accusers..

If the guy is found innocent, legally she is lying.. so ANY case where the guy was guilty. But beat it. Means the victim is now incarcerated.

There is no way around it that I can see...

Most are ONLY he said, she said..

That said you do not need to keep believing her once her story falls apart.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

Lives being ruined over accusations is VERY over the top..

Take any bigwig who has not been prosecuted..

They still have their millions, employees, country clubs , exc...

There lives were in no way ruined..

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Rape is not legal in every Islamic country... but even if it was, people forget 60 years ago it was legal here too...

America and “the west “ just advanced a hair faster..

If someone is being fair, they would figure that in as well...

Christians just started pretending the horrible parts of the Bible do not matter about 60 years ago..

Before then the vast majority were hard core Leviticus fans.. lol

I don’t think there is anything in the Islamic world you couldn’t find a perfect analog for in America within 2 lifetimes...

Slavery, the kkk resurgence,segregation, dive providence (where the white man was supposed to conquer the world by their right) I don’t think divine providence is right..

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Fair point..

Castrations or salt Peter might still be necessary..

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I think people way overthink it and it is sexual desire plus a power play. Plus a psychopath.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I’m not sure what you mean by that.. testosterone is too universal to be the deciding factor imho..

You have to look for what is unique to rapists.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sounds alot like Solomon willing to slice a baby in half(which supposedly had a moral too it)or a Church in state covering woman up, sunday school every day along with marriage an death for men.
edit on 3-10-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Please show me the US criminal case where a persons violent actions were excused because someone called them a N.....

That is not something that is real lol...

The real truth is that any black person who attacks a white person FOR CENTURIES, was convicted just in case it might send the wrong idea “to the rest of them..”

To kill a mockingbird.. basically..

The only place claiming racism is a get out of jail free card is in conservative fantasies...

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Spoken like someone who didn’t bother to read the OP lola reply to: Specimen88

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Spoken like someone who didn’t bother to read the OP lola reply to: Specimen88

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I did, I'm just giving you the answers.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I disagree because I’m doing it with genetics and mate selection...

Getting every woman in the world on board is laughable... thats fair lol

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I’m not sure what you mean by that.. testosterone is too universal to be the deciding factor imho..

You have to look for what is unique to rapists.

Well, it is a place to start and it may well be that it is a neurological disorder pointing to a propensity to violence; any and all types of violence.

The group of rapists who were judged to be most violent had a significantly higher mean plasma testosterone level than normals, child molesters, and other rapists in this study.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

To our knowledge, this is the first study indicating white matter abnormalities in rapists. Findings indicate abnormalities in white matter connectivity in brain regions involved in reward/motivation and moral judgment, which may predispose rapists to be both over-responsive to sexual reward stimuli and also to make inappropriate moral decisions

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
edit on 110CDT09America/Chicago03190931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

1) So what is your play book for teaching respect??

Also please define respect ... that is a very broad word with a dozen subjective meanings...

How can you expect people to follow a plan where you have no playbook and no objective definitions?!!!

Aka it sounds good but is a pretend fix.. a red herring..

2) No offense, but rapes did not start after your grand mother’s time.. I doubt seriously they have increased..

It was legal to rape your wife and slaves within just one and 2 lifetimes respectively..

And every slave owner had oodles of little mixed kids running around all bore by women who could not say no..

It was even down right respectable to rape and murder the inhabitants or a city because they refuse to surrender before the siege started in earnest..

The thought that society has gotten worse is the most laughable thing imaginable..

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Fair point..

Castrations or salt Peter might still be necessary..

Yet, neither of those options were or are used to this day within the prison system. So, what are we to take away from that?
edit on 110CDT07America/Chicago02870731 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Easy...

The state governments only care about policing things that are profitable, so that is where all the resources go.

Traffic and the confiscations and fines from drug related offenses pay the majority of the budgets for like 50% of small towns...

Violent crime only costs money to solve and incarcerate..

There is nothing to confiscate and then they spend 40k a yer per person to incarcerate them..

And I think the numbers prove that..

There will be 400 officers assigned to drug and traffic cases, 4 officers working murders and 3 working rapes and 6 working burglaries..

Guess which crimes they solve the most??

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I'd like to see how your...opinion/essay would read, if you understood rape was not a crime of passion.

And... Women, also 'rape', molest..etc.

peace

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Please show me the US criminal case where a persons violent actions were excused because someone called them a N.....

That is not something that is real lol...

The real truth is that any black person who attacks a white person FOR CENTURIES, was convicted just in case it might send the wrong idea “to the rest of them..”

To kill a mockingbird.. basically..

The only place claiming racism is a get out of jail free card is in conservative fantasies...

They’re not ‘excused’.

But ‘provocation’ is most definitely a defence

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join