It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slippery slope but should people who take more taxes than they pay be allowed to vote

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I would say 'no' because it is an obvious conflict of interest that has brought down every society since forever.
According to this poll it is overwhelmingly 'No'
www.debate.org...
Aside from a war... which I don't really want.... Just allow everyone the right to defend themselves and it will work out hey, we have an amendment for that don't we? An amendment that does not mention types or bans. on XYZ.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I make a bit over 100k a year, owning 2 small business and working at Walmart. I have 2 kids of my own, and 2 step kids and I work a ridiculous amount of hours. I get back more than I pay every year after write offs and deductions. F you. Every american has the right to vote.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

Youre joking, right?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Troll thread obvious.

Or drunk thread.

(post by LordAhriman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I work a full time job, make about 40K a year. Have 6 kids to support. My husband works for cash under the table and does not, legally, live at my address.

I get everything I pay back, plus housing and food assistance due to being a single mother.

I think the system works just fine as it is.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Umm .. duh, I know I won't be popular, but of COURSE people who don't pay NET taxes should not vote.

Giving votes (control) to parasites KILLS the host.

Just saying.

But realistically we already let parasites vote, and the host is already a corpse.

(The host - the US government along with so many others, sooo far in debt, already dead, but still making us pay taxes!)

edit on 2-10-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: more to say.

edit on 2-10-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: clarified the first line better. no voting for parasites!

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
aren't about 2/3 of American adults on Welfare?

Welfare income written off may yield taking more than paid.

then there's so many ppl with low income that get a refund more than they paid due to credits, etc.

exclude virtually all of Americans from voting??

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Let only the elite vote. See how that works out.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

Umm .. duh, I know I won't be popular, but of COURSE they shouldn't vote.

You don't think all American citizens should be able to vote?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
this will be accused of racism

poor folks have rights too

(Justice has no morals)

Is this another "poor folks can't have children" thing?

why does $$$ equal rights?

(because $$$ is free speach it can be accused of slander and taken from you ie: Asset forfiture.)

truly be careful what you wish for.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
this will be accused of racism

poor folks have rights too

(Justice has no morals)

Is this another "poor folks can't have children" thing?

why does $$$ equal rights?

(because $$$ is free speach it can be accused of slander and taken from you ie: Asset forfiture.)

truly be careful what you wish for.

There's not poor people of all races? Enlighten me.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Every legal American should have the right to vote. If you have a problem with credits and or other tax loopholes allowing folks to not pay the same equal shares or even benefit...that is a legislative issue. Take it up with Congress or dig deeper to find your own benefits. Ones envy, greed nor jealousy should force others to give up any established rights in America.

Edit add: Our right to vote has been amended for the better since the beginning. From originally only landowners, to including all ethnicities, women etc. for the betterment and equality of all citizens. As a woman, I am thankful.

edit on 10 2 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Of course not all US citizens should vote, especially minors, and the incapacitated, proven criminal corrupt, and more.

I say it again. We need to be more intelligent about the 'right' to vote, which -- since it is not Constitutionally either life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness -- is actually not a right. It is a privilege.

edit on 2-10-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: NOT ALL US CITIZENS SHOULD VOTE!!!

edit on 2-10-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: Salute to the US Constitution.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Historically it has not worked out for the poor and lower class and they have the largest block of voters. Sure, they may get some things they want but there is always a price. Upward mobility starts to tighten because the second they push out of being poor, they start getting hammered with taxes and end up worse off.

The incentive to push out of it declines so they stay put more often than not. That's why I'm all for the poor voting. Let them vote for everything their heart desires. It won't work out for them in the end.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Of course not, otherwise felons would be voting. But this is America, everyone's gonna say one thing while doing another.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

With all due respect to a good woman, if you are a taxpayer, you should not respect the right for all to vote, because your vote is being cancelled out by so many others that will not themselves pay taxes, will vote to spend YOUR taxes, and will vote to take evermore, and maybe they will even waste it. Why? Because, they won't value your money they way you might have valued it, because they didn't EARN it. Just saying.
edit on 2-10-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: added some spice

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: Liquesence

Of course not all US citizens should vote, especially minors, and the incapacitated, proven criminal corrupt, and more.

I say it again. We need to be more intelligent about the 'right' to vote, which -- since it is not Constitutionally either life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness -- is actually not a right. It is a privilege.

So those who aren't legally restricted from voting (such as minors), who should be denied that right? Who is *privileged?"

ps: It's a right. Not a privilege.

edit on 2-10-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This question reminds me "Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose" by Dr Seuss.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have a thread idea. It’s based on the following:

Should people have to take an IQ test and score higher than 120 to be able to vote? Because surely anyone with an IQ below that isn’t smart enough to vote.

Sarcasm for those who aren’t sure.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join