It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that "Man Made Climate Change" is for the weak minded sheep

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UKTruth

We're not going to be all dead in 12 years, though.

Sure concentrate on that.

Do you have any kids? I do.

Yeah, they'll be fine.
So will your kids.
I dare say there are more important things to be worried about in that regard, like their freedoms being taken away by religious cults who want to control everything they do.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I dare say there are more important things to be worried about in that regard, like their freedoms being taken away by religious cults who want to control everything they do.

Jehovah's Witnesses?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Jehovah's Witnesses?

Climate priests. Way way more fanatical that Jehovah's Witnesses and far more dangerous.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I see. You really are in deep denial.

Cya.

edit on 10/5/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I see. You really are in deep.

Cya.

The irony.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

We are changing the chemistry of the atmosphere. We are also changing vegetation patterns. We take vast amounts of water from one place and send it some place else. Yes, we are changing the planet.

Even if we were the cause for the increase in CO2, we are responsible in some parts but not like you and other "activists" claim, CO2 is GOOD for life. It is why with the increase in CO2 Earth has grown GREENER...

April 26, 2016
Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds

From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

www.nasa.gov...

As for the claim that CO2 is the cause of the warming...bullocks...
Earth was warming in early 1580-1600, which is 150-170 years BEFORE the start of the industrial revolution, and it's 250-270 years BEFORE the height of the industrial revolution.

You believe CO2 is a pollutant, when in fact it is a building block of life on Earth. It is why over 99% of all life on this planet is CARBON based.

Too much oxygen becomes toxic to humans and animals, does that mean oxygen is a pollutant or bad for life? No...
Drinking too much water, not drowning, will flush needed nutrients and minerals from your body and can even kill you. Does that mean water is a pollutant or bad for life? No...

Earth has had up to 12 times as much atmospheric CO2 as we have now and life THRIVED. Yet there was no "runaway global warming" and Earth did not become Venus as other "activists" claim.

Water Vapor is the main greenhouse gas which has the largest greenhouse effect than all other gases combined. Even Oxygen and Ozone seem to have a bit larger absorption, not by much, than CO2 but at different wavelengths.

As the Earth started warming, before the industrial revolution, it allowed Earth's atmosphere to contain more water vapor, which increases warming and causes a positive loop of warming. More water vapor increases temps, which causes the atmosphere to contain more water vapor, which warms more the atmosphere, which can then contain more water vapor, which warms even more the atmosphere and so on.

BTW, during this process more CO2 is also released "naturally."

CO2 retention of heat in the Troposphere should be around 5%-8%.

The majority of the warming in the past 100 years is due to water vapor, and not CO2.

edit on 5-10-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Sure concentrate on that misstatement. And use it to deny the science.

Do you have any kids? I do.

You sure as hell deny any scientific evidence which debunks your religion. But of course you ignore "science" when it suits you. You are a religious person Phage, but you have put your faith in the biggest scam ever perpetrated on mankind.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The irony.

He won't relent. He does the same to every other peer-reviewed research he disagrees with to the point that he states the authors of said papers do not state what is right in their own handwriting.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

a reply to: 1point92AU

The Sun is and will always be the driver for the Earth's climate.

The Sun determines how much heat the planet receives. The atmosphere determines how much leaves.

The Sun does not determine how much "heat" the planet receives. The Earth's atmosphere converts a percentage of solar radiation to molecular heat and then determines how much heat reaches the surface AND determines how much is reflected back into space. "Heat" does not travel through space.

Back to the original and STILL heavyweight champion of the world statement:

Even your globalist buddies at the European Environment Agency (that's hilarious BTW) can't seem to mix in their BS propaganda while stepping all over themselves with what's scientific fact:

What factors determine the Earth's climate?

Solar radiation powers the climate system. There are three fundamental ways to change the radiation balance of the Earth: by changing the incoming solar radiation (e.g., by changes in Earth’s orbit or in the Sun itself); by changing the fraction of solar radiation that is reflected (called ‘albedo’; e.g., by changes in cloud cover, atmospheric particles or vegetation); by altering the longwave radiation from Earth back towards space (e.g., by changing greenhouse gas concentrations).

Can't wait to hear your next deflective comment in a feeble attempt to steer attention away from the incorrectness of your absolute statements.

Oh yeah...don't forget....

edit on 5-10-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU
a reply to: Phage

Show me what ya got on the bogus "CO2 levels are the cause" and I'll steam roll it with counter data once again proving you don't know how to use your Google PHD very well.

Why are you misquoting me?

Oh, I'm not. You claimed that in another post that "Rising CO2 levels are the best candidate."

So, like I said previously....let's see the bogus "CO2 levels are the cause" so I can steam roll that one too.

Learn how to properly use your Google PHD man. Come on! We all have one.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The Sun does not determine how much "heat" the planet receives.
Yes it does. If it cools the planet gets less heat, the planet cools. If it warms the planet gets more heat, the planet warms.

Solar radiation powers the climate system. There are three fundamental ways to change the radiation balance of the Earth: by changing the incoming solar radiation(e.g., by changes in Earth’s orbit or in the Sun itself); by changing the fraction of solar radiation that is reflected (called ‘albedo’; e.g., by changes in cloud cover, atmospheric particles or vegetation); by altering the longwave radiation from Earth back towards space (e.g., by changing greenhouse gas concentrations).

Your external quote says pretty much the same thing I did but I simplified it for you. Change the amount of heat the Sun provides or change the amount of heat that escapes.

Is the Sun getting warmer? Is more Solar radiation reaching the surface? It that what's causing temperatures to increase?

Oh, I'm not. You claimed that in another post that "Rising CO2 levels are the best candidate."
Now you have quoted me correctly. Thank you. Yes rising CO2 levels are the best candidate for what is causing the current warming trend. It causes less heat to escape from the atmosphere (in the form of infrared radiation, happy?). Or is the Sun getting warmer? Or, to be more precise, has Solar insolation increased?

edit on 10/5/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No. My quote does not say "pretty much the same thing you did". But like I said in my closing I looked forward to seeing what your deflective comment would be. You simply don't understand the difference between "heat" and "radiation".

You make absolute statements that are incorrect. I highlight that fact and then you begin your retreating back tracking with "what I meant'isms."

Still the focal point of this thread remains intact and undefeated:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

You simply don't understand the difference between "heat" and "radiation".
Yes I do. I also understand the difference between heat and temperature. Do I get extra credit?

Is the Sun getti...oops, sorry. Is Solar insolation increasing?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
99% rather deny

as helping doesn't help pay their bills which is all they care about anymore. they don't care what world will be like after theyre dead - even if they do have kids. most.

especially phone, internet, and financed car.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You lost me when you made this a left vs right debate.

PS,

Your confirmation bias is quite strong

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

It's quite the opposite. Why do you think there were huge herds of mammoths walking around during the ice age.

Wow... What you are arguing is that Ice Ages are better for life than warming cycles, which goes against all logic and the historical facts.

No. It lines up perfectly with historical facts.

However it goes against intuition. (Truth sometimes doesn't match our imagination's version.)

Humans, and animals, thrive in a warm climate... They don't thrive in an ice age. Even during "regular winters" animals have to spend more time to forage for food because it is scarce...

Winter isn't the same thing as an ice age.

In winter, there is actually less sunlight falling on your crops. The Earth is tilted away from the Sun and it shines for fewer hours.

In an Ice age, there is JUST AS MUCH sun shining on your crops as during a warm period.

The Polar ice is reflecting a lot of sunlight back, but unless you happen to live right next to one of the poles, that means ABSOLUTE PERFECT ZERO to your crops.

As a matter of fact human progress, not what the left has made it into, was/is always better during warming cycles. The Renaissance occurred during a warming period..

The Renaissance occurred right after the Bubonic plague, when Europe was underpopulated (which made farm land very much not scarce relative to demand.)

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
Elephants eat over 300 pounds of food per day. Can you imagine living in a world where so much natural vegetation is growing all over the place that huge elephant herds can walk the plains?

So you are arguing that during Ice Ages animals have more food? You are insane...

How do you explain large populations of animals that need to eat a full human's body mass worth of food per day in order to stay alive?

It is obvious you have no knowledge or understanding how life works. During winters trees and most brushes lose leaves, and grass goes into hibernation until spring...

Right, but as mentioned: an ice age isn't the same thing as Winter.

There is more food for animals during Spring and Summer, than during the fall and winters... It is why farmers grow most food in spring/summer and not in "fall winter..."

There is also more sunlight in Summer, due to the longer days.

Days are EXACTLY THE SAME LENGTH during an ice age as they are during a warm period.

Same daily insolation.

edit on 6-10-2019 by bloodymarvelous because: "that ABSOLUTE PERFECT ZERO" changed to "that means ABSOLUTE PERFECT ZERO"

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Same daily insolation.

Same duration of sunlight. Yes.
But insolation varies according to the eccentricity cycle.
skepticalscience.com...

edit on 10/6/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

You lost me when you made this a left vs right debate.

PS,

Your confirmation bias is quite strong

You really don't understand what's going on hence the reason I appropriately used the word "sheep" in my thread title. You also don't understand what "confirmation bias" is.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Yes I do.

Yet, you don't and it's documented here for us to see in the very words you used and the context in which you used them. Just like your incorrect absolute statements about the size of the Earth's atmosphere in the other thread about ol' Elon's boosters.

You MUST let go of your fragile ego and stop being so sensitive.
edit on 6-10-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Just like your incorrect absolute statements about the size of the Earth's atmosphere in the other thread about ol' Elon's boosters.
You're confused. You're the one who said the atmosphere ends at a specific and arbitrary altitude.

edit on 10/6/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join