It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that "Man Made Climate Change" is for the weak minded sheep

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

Yet clouds form from the particulate exhaust from industrial plants. This alters the local weather to an extent. Skyscrapers cause turbulent winds that also alters the local weather.

Industrialization has caused a 45% increase of atmospheric CO2, this is significant in terms of climatology.

I majored in meteorology, this is a hell of a lot more complex than 4th grade science.

You are essentially burying your head in the sand because the notion human activity can affect the weather and climate does not align with you confirmation bias.
edit on 3-10-2019 by jrod because: G

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Lol, makes ZERO difference if humanity or the sun is the direct cause of our worsening biosphere...ANY improvement technologically would be progress. The number of jobs created by an overall switch to solar, wind, mechanical tevhnologies instead of burning oil would create an economic boom....plus a healthier earth. The weather may or may not get worse, but at our current pace we are losing biodiversity at an alarming rate....ANY CHANGE for the better is needed now, not later. Did your Conservative head "explode"?....cause my "leftist" head is doing just fine, regardless of how shortsighted and silly your OP is....lmao
edit on 4-10-2019 by KeithCooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Yet clouds form from the particulate exhaust from industrial plants. This alters the local weather to an extent. Skyscrapers cause turbulent winds that also alters the local weather.

Industrialization has caused a 45% increase of atmospheric CO2, this is significant in terms of climatology.

I majored in meteorology, this is a hell of a lot more complex than 4th grade science.

You are essentially burying your head in the sand because the notion human activity can affect the weather and climate does not align with you confirmation bias.

I always wonder about statistics that talk about changes since industrialization... Statistics are immediately difficult to get. We couldn't measure/understand the way we can now, some 200 years ago. It's simply impossible to look at these stats and find a single cause to blame. CO2 comes from many things.

There are many volcanic eruptions ever year. They also produce large amounts of CO2. I'm not saying there isn't more we should be doing to clean the planet but the planet has a habit of being it's own worst enemy. We're essentially at it's mercy and that shouldn't be news to anyone.
edit on 4-10-2019 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Interesting you should acknowledge that because, weather forecasts, have also been a point I've raised in the past regarding the false narrative around "man made climate change".

Tell me what the weather is going to be 4 months from now. You can't because there are too many variables. The most accurate forecast are 7 day forecasts. Followed by 14 day forecasts. The Farmer's Almanac has been studied by scientists and they agree the Farmer's Almanac is roughly accurate 50% of the time. And that is a 2 year forecast in advance of it's publication.

So please explain to me how the very people (climatologists) cannot be accurate outside of 14 days and how the Farmer's Almanac only has a 50% accuracy at best yet they claim to be able to predict the future weather 50 and 100 years from now.

Talk about confirmation bias. There you have it right there in your own major.

I never said human activity doesn't affect weather. More specifically local weather. That was my point regarding the fact we inhabit so very little of the planet. If we were widely dispersed over the majority of the planet and burning fossil fuels everywhere, cutting down trees everywhere, dumping poisonous toxins into the ground everywhere then I would be inclined to believe man might have a greater impact on the global climate. But we don't live all across the planet in concentration and we don't pollute all across the planet in concentration. Just some areas. Very, very, minute compared to the global scale of the planet.

The affect man has on the global climate is the equivalent of you taking a 5th of your favorite liquor and pouring it into the town water tower. Dispersed across such a massive volume of water the results of intoxication are negligible.

I am unequivocally stating human activity does not affect GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE. There is absolutely ZERO data to support this yet meanwhile we have plenty of data to support the false narrative being pushed to falsely present incorrectly interpreted data and outright falsification of data to support a false narrative.

Take the Sahara Desert as an example. It was once one of the most fertile grasslands on the planet and now it's the largest desert on the planet. Man didn't cause that. Nature did.

edit on 4-10-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We're on the cusp of something we've never seen as far as the weather. The extreme summers and extreme winters all point to this. If the next solar minimum is a Maunder Minimum then we'll see temperatures like our ancestors saw in the late 1600's and early 1700's. Earth’s climate gets cooler when there are fewer solar storms. The extreme example happened between 1645 and 1715 when the normal 11-year sunspot cycle vanished. This period, called the Maunder Minimum, was accompanied by bitterly cold winters in the American colonies. Fishing settlements in Iceland and Greenland were abandoned. Icebergs were seen near the English channel. The canals of Venice froze. It was a time of great hardship.

Solar Minimum Approaching: A Mini Ice Age?

While it's not a guarantee, it's still hope that the weather will cool off as this solar maximum we're in begins to dissipate. Maybe you'll be happy to learn that you can fart outside and burn fossil fuels again.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
a reply to: infolurker

you know the people paid to push those fallacies get their money from the oil companies, right?
it's not the rich scientists versus you, its texaco and the like versus science.
if scientists were lying their credibility would be shot to pieces, it isn't.

They are, and it already is.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

From your article that was posted.

...orbital variations remain the most thoroughly examined mechanism of climatic change on time scales of tens of thousands of years and are by far the clearest case of a direct effect of changing insolation on the lower atmosphere of Earth
(National Research Council, 1982).

While I'm not in 100% agreement with some of the more extreme climate change advocates. I live in Miami and I can see with my own eyes how the ocean is creeping up onto land during king tides. Something that I've not seen in my 46 years living in Miami.

Politicians are just denying climate change so they can kick the can down the road. Because it's politically expedient. When the SHTF and many coastal cities will have to be evacuated it's gonna be ugly.

When ice melts, the solid becomes a liquid and the liquid then replaces the volume formerly occupied by the solid. But all of those "smart" climate scientists would lose funding if they told you that.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
He gave the same answer as uk/air. but there's one small problem. As we are taught in schools and by our own eyes looking at satellite images of the Earth the Northern hemispheres winds and weather DOES NOT greatly mix with the Southern hemispheres wind and weather.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

"but to say the climate cycle is altered because of man is denying nature and extremely arrogant."

That's why democrats are the only ones dumb enough to push that narrative.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TritonTaranis

6,000 years ago the Sahara was a tropical rainforest so that’s obviously not the case
Wetter, yes. Apparently that region was wetter in the past. I'm not sure how that conflicts with a global cooling trend.

It’s warmed steadily since, notably faster in the past 300 years which puts warming outside of the industrial revolution
That is not what various global temperature reconstructions show. While there are problems with such proxies, when most show a general trend it usually is an indication that there was one.

There was a recovery from the cooling of the little ice age, but the warming over the past 100 years (and especially the past 50) far exceed that in rate and magnitude.

In your first post you say the Little Ice age was not global. Now in this one you post a chart and state the largest rise was from recovery of the Little Ice age. So was this chart localized to the area of the Little Ice age? If not, then how can you use it to say anything about global change based on this chart? If so, then it only points to whatever trend is happening in the localized area of the Little Ice age.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

You do realize that the phenomenon you are talking about in Miami isn't due to Climate Change on a global scale BUT is directly caused by the concrete jungle created on swampish lands that are slowly sinking under the weight of development?

You can't just see a thing and go OH HERE IS UNMISTAKABLE PROOF. Especially when the study on the Houston flooding revealed some of the same problems....a city that blocked many of waters flows to the sea

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Look up ozone, how it is depleted, and what happens when it is depleted.

Hotter summers, colder winters. Look what happens to it when you're not "polluting" it with fossil fuels, etc.

It's like pulling the limo tint off of all your windows.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
OANN - lol.
Even worse than Foxnews.

No, lets keep polluting. Who would want clean air or water?

Obviously, nobody since I only see people complain about US policy so they can tax US taxpayers some more, while not saying a peep about China or India. The global warming people will be taken serious once they get China and India to change their ways. Until then, get your hand out of my pocket and off my porch.

Don't forget to tip him for the pizza.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: PolyATS
That is what I experienced too. The only time you used sunscreen was at the beach. Never on the playground. The sun was yellower from what I remember. Now it is bright white. You can feel it burning. Sometimes it produces headaches.

I'm only 40 and when I was in my teens and 20's (1990's to early 2000's) I never used my A/C when I was driving. The sun is most certainly hotter. I just don't blame it on AGW. We're at the peak of a solar maximum and the ozone will thicken back up.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

It amazes me that people are willing to believe crap like that over science, then go on to call those of us who understand the actual science brainwashed libtards.

I'm not amazed at all, it's easy to not believe, and therefore not change..change is hard, and might effect their investments

We are wrecking the place no doubt, and many will not be happy till every drop of blood is squeezed out.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I often wonder what happened to that huge hole in the antartic Ozone.

It was supposed to let in unfiltered sunlight, almost like a Giant laser beam that would spread destruction across the earth

it was caused by floralcarbons(sp?) in spray cans. We, ( the public ) were told that once it was gone it wold never come back....

What? the Hole fixed it's self? No way, you mean that can happen???

it's almost like the earth can heal it's self.....

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: jrod

It amazes me that people are willing to believe crap like that over science, then go on to call those of us who understand the actual science brainwashed libtards.

I'm not amazed at all, it's easy to not believe, and therefore not change..change is hard, and might effect their investments

We are wrecking the place no doubt, and many will not be happy till every drop of blood is squeezed out.

And the others won't be happy until we resemble Venus so they can all point and say "See? Told ya so!"

But I'll be here to say that to you within the decade when most winter days across all of America look like this for most of the year.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

So, in other words..lets keep wrecking the place..because it will "heal itself"

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
I don't know whats going to happen, but we can't keep poisoning the place. I'm talking pollution overall.

I'm not for the carbon credit scam, but we need to change.

edit on 4-10-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: thedigirati

So, in other words..lets keep wrecking the place..because it will "heal itself"

First show me the wreckage.

then we will talk.

You DO remember the whole Ozone "scare" right?

Show me how we destroyed the Ozone layer

even though we didn't destroy the Ozone layer

what is that saying again

"fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

"try to fool me a third time I will laugh at you"

The Ozone layer was an existential threat at the time too remember? it was supposed to be all gone by now.

it was going to kill us all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join