It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that "Man Made Climate Change" is for the weak minded sheep

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: 1point92AU

No need for ad homs.

Sensitive. Losing yet again and has to resort to the "ad hominem" response. You break glass and then cry when you get cut. LOL.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The climate has changed on its own in the past, that cant be denied. But again, as a result of things happening on the surface of the planet. Mangrove areas (any areas where water and plant matter meet really) create a hell of a lot of co2, as do animals, as do a number of different geologic formations. However, in the last 100 years, us humans are contributing a hell of a lot. And not just pure co2 dumping, but the strangling of the planets own natural co2 sequestration mechanism through a awful lot of forestry.

The climate is changing of its own accord, yes; but we're certainly helping it along faster than it'd go on its own.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Badams

The climate is changing of its own accord, yes; but we're certainly helping it along faster than it'd go on its own.

There's no doubt the global climate changes. But not because of Man.

It's amazing how the Earth could "survive" so many mass extinctions where the last one wiped out 70% of all animal and plant life and yet here we are with a "healthy" planet. I mean can you imagine what a person would think back in the day if we woke up to see 70% of all animal and plant life extinct?

That would be a legitimate alarmist call to the "end times".

Yet, no where is there data that supports man as the cause of global climate change. There sure as hell is a lot of data stating the Sun is the driver. And there sure are a lot of documented examples of "climate scientists" caught manipulating data and outright fabricating data to support a false "man made" narrative.

It's ironic the "man made climate change" followers seem to consistently ignore this fact. And now...I can add in they want to ignore the legitimate science that the Sun is the ONLY driver of the Earth's climate.

I've posed a lot of valid and legitimate pragmatic arguments here in this thread and the only one who continues to move the goal posts is the ego driven Phage because he can't "win".

Like I said before...it's laughable.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   

The topic is climate, not me.

Is the Sun getting warmer?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU

originally posted by: Badams

There's no doubt the global climate changes. But not because of Man.

It's amazing how the Earth could "survive" so many mass extinctions where the last one wiped out 70% of all animal and plant life and yet here we are with a "healthy" planet. I mean can you imagine what a person would think back in the day if we woke up to see 70% of all animal and plant life extinct?

That would be a legitimate alarmist call to the "end times".

Yet, no where is there data that supports man as the cause of global climate change. There sure as hell is a lot of data stating the Sun is the driver. And there sure are a lot of documented examples of "climate scientists" caught manipulating data and outright fabricating data to support a false "man made" narrative.

It's ironic the "man made climate change" followers seem to consistently ignore this fact. And now...I can add in they want to ignore the legitimate science that the Sun is the ONLY driver of the Earth's climate.

I've posed a lot of valid and legitimate pragmatic arguments here in this thread and the only one who continues to move the goal posts is the ego driven Phage because he can't "win".

Like I said before...it's laughable.

Never before have I read a thread where someone completly ignored evidence and questions to fit their own beliefs! The scary thing is there are a lot of people like you. Once your mind is made up, there is no going back! It's called arragonce!

Phage has asked you time and time again "is the sun warming up" and you refuse to answer! Because you know the answer does not fit your BS beliefs!

People like you will only start moaning about climate change and crying lime a baby about it, when it starts effecting directly!

It's sad, but these days, it seems alot of people are climate change deniers becsuse their mini God trump is one!

That's a trend I am finding here. Alot of these people on here who are deniers are trump supporters! Is thst a coincidence?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
weather and climate are two different things reply to: 1point92AU

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
If the ice sheet is above sea level, like Greenland or Antartica, then that doesn't apply.

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: grey580

From your article that was posted.

...orbital variations remain the most thoroughly examined mechanism of climatic change on time scales of tens of thousands of years and are by far the clearest case of a direct effect of changing insolation on the lower atmosphere of Earth
(National Research Council, 1982).

While I'm not in 100% agreement with some of the more extreme climate change advocates. I live in Miami and I can see with my own eyes how the ocean is creeping up onto land during king tides. Something that I've not seen in my 46 years living in Miami.

Politicians are just denying climate change so they can kick the can down the road. Because it's politically expedient. When the SHTF and many coastal cities will have to be evacuated it's gonna be ugly.

When ice melts, the solid becomes a liquid and the liquid then replaces the volume formerly occupied by the solid. But all of those "smart" climate scientists would lose funding if they told you that.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I read also that there is a shift in the solar system. The earth is entering a new age - the GOLDEN Age. The Sun & the Sirius (brighter & bigger than Sun) is moving towards one another and the Earth which is rotating into the Sun will be in the middle of these two, Sun and Sirius. The Earth will be like a HAMBURGER in the oven. :-) Drastic changes in weather and the extinction of animals are occurring inevitably. Imagine the catastrophe if the time will come and WE ARE NOT PREPARED. Frequent calamities and disasters, frequent changes in weather, diseases and ADD the man-made chaos on the environment. PREVENTION is better. So, we have to PREPARE of this solar shifting. One important thing to prepare is a diet lifestyle. Meat is warm in the body. Let us avoid to be grilled in this climate change. The body is the house of the soul. Don't let the house burning. Enough, California is burning.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: vivienleigh

The Sun & the Sirius (brighter & bigger than Sun) is moving towards one another and the Earth which is rotating into the Sun will be in the middle of these two, Sun and Sirius.
That's pretty hilarious.

Sirius is getting closer the the Sun (slowly), but it is not really moving directly toward the Sun. In about 60,000 years it will be at its closest point as it passes us at a distance of a bit over 8 light years (it will travel about 1/2 a light year closer to us in that period of time). After that it will be moving away.

edit on 11/3/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

And now...I can add in they want to ignore the legitimate science that the Sun is the ONLY driver of the Earth's climate.

Legitimate science? That statement is 100% anti-science. Not even the most ardent AGW deniers claim the sun is the only driver of climate.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilAxis

And now...I can add in they want to ignore the legitimate science that the Sun is the ONLY driver of the Earth's climate.

Legitimate science? That statement is 100% anti-science. Not even the most ardent AGW deniers claim the sun is the only driver of climate.

It is not the only thing, Asteroids can change our climate in a blink. The Sun is so important. But,ignoring it is what has been happening so they can hoist the man made part of climate heating they wish to cram down our throats. Trotting out the 97% lie. Then , avoiding the hard data and also avoiding debate of the hard data for all to see. Bill Nye the science guy has ruined the word Science and is in danger of losing support for Science by the majority of the citizens of the world.

edit on 3-11-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
It is not the only thing... But,ignoring it is what has been happening so they can hoist the man made part of climate heating they wish to cram down our throats.

Climatologists don't ignore it. They track it against atmospheric temperatures. The troposphere is warming while the total solar output has been flat or slightly declining.

The OP on the other hand, who says it's the ONLY driver, seeks to ignore it. When asked repeatedly if the sun is getting warmer, OP refuses to answer.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
It is not the only thing... But,ignoring it is what has been happening so they can hoist the man made part of climate heating they wish to cram down our throats.

Climatologists don't ignore it. They track it against atmospheric temperatures. The troposphere is warming while the total solar output has been flat or slightly declining.

The OP on the other hand, who says it's the ONLY driver, seeks to ignore it. When asked repeatedly if the sun is getting warmer, OP refuses to answer.

Oh they have to ignore it to avoid the fact that the cooling cycles are due to the Sun and when the ice melts, It is the Sun.

To ignore that they are playing with the numbers is the issue.

Math fail on the UN's side of 'facts' that aren't facts.

1st off how many degrees F or C does the Temp change in a year each cycle. In my area up to 110 Degrees F of change from Jan 1 till Aug 31. If the data shows temps goes up as much as 5 F average a year over time, that would be potentially statistically important. Therefore any prediction of 5 F an under is below the normal expected error thresholds used in Physics to calculate energy in a closed system. Basically, They have been proven to ignore the Scientific process to present the man made hoax.

edit on 4-11-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The average global temperature has varied by roughly 10 degrees Celsius between cool and warm periods since the origin of multi-cellular life (Precambrian) to the present. There have only been four periods of such warning.

Geologist Dr. Thomas J. Crowley, at Texas A&M University, used tree rings, chemicals trapped in ancient ice, and layers of ocean floor sediment to reconstruct the average global temperatures from 1000 A.D:

Crowley examined natural climate variations in a simple computer climate model caused by two external influences: fluctuations in the sun's intensity and aerosols injected into the atmosphere by volcanoes.

He deduced the history of solar flux from concentrations of carbon-14 in tree rings and of beryllium-10 in ice cores. Then, he deciphered past volcanic activity from sulfate aerosol deposits in ice cores.

Crowley ran the computer climate model with the solar and volcanic forcing terms, then compared the average temperatures it produced with a temperature record constructed from tree-ring data.

Despite the relative simplicity of his model, Crowley found good agreement between the temperature fluctuations it calculated for the years 1000 AD to 1850 AD and the fluctuations actually measured from tree rings during that interval. Over that 850-year period, fluctuations in solar intensity along with volcanic eruptions could account for roughly 50 percent of the variation seen in the tree-ring record -- give or take 10 percent.

Something happened, however, after 1850. Crowley's model could only account for about 25 percent of the observed temperature changes. Something else was needed -- volcanic eruptions and solar variability were not enough.

Crowley then introduced a human-triggered greenhouse effect to the model and it produced a much better match.

"It all comes out as indicating that you can't resort to (natural variability) to explain the recent warming," Crowley said. "The (recent) warming is consistent with a greenhouse effect but inconsistent with any explanation from natural variability."

Earth's Fidgeting Climate
edit on 5-11-2019 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

You're just exhibiting cognitive bias. There is zero evidence that Man has ever affected the Earth's climate, meanwhile we have mountains of data that prove the driver for the Earth's global climate is and will always be the Sun.

You climate criers seem to lack critical thinking skills. Instead you are led around by your noses via the mainstream media who have positioned "man-made climate change" as nothing more than a tool to manipulate the weak minded onto deeper conformity.

Sheep need to be herded.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

It's worse than that. Those with the means have already purchased the carbon credits which cap-and-trade schemes require. The only way for them to recoup those losses, if not profit, is to ensure that cap-and-trade becomes law, at which point they've basically bought bitcoin when it was $1.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun

It's worse than that. Those with the means have already purchased the carbon credits which cap-and-trade schemes require. The only way for them to recoup those losses, if not profit, is to ensure that cap-and-trade becomes law, at which point they've basically bought bitcoin when it was $1.

I spent a considerable amount of time researching every single piece of information I could glean from various sources regarding the carbon credits scheme. Purely for my own edification. It is, without question, one of the single greatest scams in history. Yet, I guarantee 99% of the climate whiners have never heard of it let alone know the first thing about it.

Meanwhile these same climate whiny babies sit in their fossil fuel produced chair in their fossil fuel produced house they drove to in their fossil fuel produced car which burned fossil fuels so they could sit at their fossil fuel produced keyboard using fossil fuel produced electricity, banging away to the rest of the world about how "mankind is destroying the planet". Meanwhile each and every day they consume fossil fuel produced goods and services. Because, hey...they aren't part of the perceived problem. Everyone else is.

Their hypocrisy is astounding.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

We all are. We are all a product of entropy. We've found a pretty phenomenal energy resource in our exploitation of fossil fuels, and it is directly responsible for our modern progress. I think I remember reading a thing indicating that the amount of work the modern human relies upon from fossil fuels replaces 80 slaves, or some such number. Basically, industrialization allowed us to have this quality of life without slaves, and, you know, that resonates with me. It's like Greta's carbon-neutral trek across the Atlantic. At the expense of what, Greta? Nothing occurs in a vacuum.

The cap-and-trade thing is a scam, through and through. Which hurts me to say, because I think there really must be a way to apply the free market method in order to reign in rampant pollution. It's not a terrible idea, it's just a really bad one. Let's workshop it.

Plastics are great, the things they're doing with carbon nanotubes are amazing, I read a thing the other day that indicated they can now switch on and off the superconductivity of graphene based upon the twist of that sheet of monoatomic carbon. I'll dig it up:

Here it is

So let's live like kings, all of us.

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Why is it that most climate change deniers on here are trump supporters? Can't stand when people look at their leaders as mini Gods! So sad!

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You're just exhibiting cognitive bias.

Cognitive bias is believing the Sun is the ONLY driver of the Earth's climate. What could be more cognitively biased than ignoring all the other drivers of climate, like atmospheric chemistry, surface structure and chemistry, vegetation, oceans etc?

I take it you believe the Moon has the same climate as the Earth.

There is zero evidence that Man has ever affected the Earth's climate

Except for all the scientific evidence that we have been doing so since the Industrial Revolution. And the many examples of man-made local climate change. Even large cities have local effects on climate.

Case study of man-made desert:

In the Nagar-Sinai desert a fence was erected between the Egyptians and the Israelis. On the Egyptian side, goats, sheep and camels over grazed the area and Israelis cultivated the land. On Israeli side the natural vegetation remained practically undisturbed. With the result the line of fence is clearly visible and the ground is covered in vegetation with frequent cloud on Israeli side and clear sky with sparse vegetation on Egyptian side.

edit on 6-11-2019 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join