It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that "Man Made Climate Change" is for the weak minded sheep

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

Until this thread you never knew what solar insolation was.

Incorrect.
From 2014, for example.

Cycles involving orbital and axial configurations which affect solar insolation, changes in solar irradiance, changes in ocean circulation patterns.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Want some more examples?

Is the Sun getting warmer? It's a simple question.

edit on 10/7/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

LOL...the article you linked to even states it as the opening sentence. I love how you cherry pick data from various articles to support your belief while glossing over facts from the same article that contradict your belief system.

Literally the perfect example of confirmation bias. And you even outed yourself because your frail ego was hurt that I challenged you about your understanding of solar insolation. EPIC !!!

Solar Variations and Climate Change
Background
As the Sun provides essentially all the energy that drives the Earth's climate system,

Thanks AGAIN for supporting the core message in this thread.

The Sun is and will always be the driver for the climate on Earth. Not man.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Yes, the Sun provides the vast majority of the energy that drives climate. I explicitly stated that earlier.

Now, once again, is the Sun getting warmer? Simple question.

Or is less heat leaving?

Why is the planet warming? Do you think?

your frail ego was hurt that I challenged you about your understanding of solar insolation.
No. I demonstrated that your claim was erroneous. This claim:

Until this thread you never knew what solar insolation was.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes, the Sun provides the vast majority of the energy that drives climate. I never said different.

Uh...that's not what you said at all and it's past the 4 hour time limit so you can't go back and change it to make yourself look like you didn't just lie right there.

ROLFLMAO !!! I LOVE showing ATS what a back tracking egotist you are. Your frail ego is your downfall.

As an aside, I'm waiting for you over in the other thread about Fravor. Be sure to word your questions properly and make your statements wisely lest we have another Phage strike out!

In conclusion...

The Sun is and will always be the driver of the climate on Earth. Not man.
edit on 7-10-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

and it's past the 4 hour time limit

Correct. Well past.

Now, is the Sun getting warmer?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hi Phage! I largely agree with your points in this thread. I sometimes wonder whether the rhetorical questions aren't sometimes lost on some. I have some specific questions I'd like to ask you, in regards to this:

Please comment on the Vostok ice core data which seems to indicate co2 rise trails temperature rise. According to this, global temperature rise preceded atmospheric co2 rise, at least with respect to data preceding the industrial revolution. Then, predictably, co2 levels fall only after temperature falls. I expect the answer is, as always, good 'ol Boyle's gas law, with respect to the solubility of co2 in seawater.

According to Barnola et al. (1991) and Petit et al. (1999) these measurements indicate that, at the beginning of the deglaciations, the CO2 increase either was in phase or lagged by less than ~1000 years with respect to the Antarctic temperature, whereas it clearly lagged behind the temperature at the onset of the glaciations.
Historical Carbon Dioxide Record from the Vostok Ice Core

That accounts for historical data, but the assertion is that, at least contemporarily, human activity is causing rising co2 levels, which is causing global warming. But you, yourself, stated that:

Thing is, according to the Milankovich cycles, the planet should have been cooling for the past few thousand years. It was, until a hundred or so ago. It's going to be a long time before the Earth starts warming because of the Milkankovitch cycles.
and you referenced the ossfoundation.net:

Now, you say the earth should be cooling, according to the Milankovich cycles, and yet it is warming. Further, it should have been cooling for the last few thousands years, and it was until "a hundred or so" which evokes notions of human intervention, namely in the form of the industrial revolution. However, the windowing between "a hundred or so" and "~1000 years" is dubious, perhaps a 1:5 ratio conservatively.

I think that to be a AGW skeptic, it's important to be not only precise, but also accurate. I'd expect no less from an AGW proponent. Vostok core data suggests temperature rise/fall leads co2 rise/fall from 0 thru ~1000 years. The AGW theory suggests co2 rise leads temperature rise by 100-200 years. So there's some room for error there, but not much. Again, the threshold is about 20%, which is significant. I imagine one would need to prove that atmospheric co2 contribution from sea temperature rise is significantly less than atmospheric co2 contribution from human activity. But how to isolate variables? I fear AGW proponents are doing an elaborate version of 'Pascal's Wager.' Not a winning bet.

Please don't think of me as an agitator. I don't consider myself as such. Just a skeptic. There is a LOT of social pressure currently to not be a "Climate Denier" or whatever. I think that sort if rhetoric is just stupid and damaging. i just want to ask honest questions and get honest answers. And, from what I've read, you're about as honest as they come.

Very respectfully,
Zelun

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JonathanNicholas

Just because you don't see something doesn't mean it's not happening.

I'm constantly seeing street flooding whenever there's a king tide. It's constantly on the news.

wsvn.com...

Btw as for people from Florida not seeing it... these residents are.

Colton Richardson of Fort Lauderdale paddleboarded through his neighborhood on Tuesday. “It’s pretty wild, honestly,” said Richardson.

Across the street lives Marilyn Sersled, who said she has been witnessing the water rising over time. “I sit out here and watch the water all the time,” said Sersled. “I don’t ever remember it being this high.”

Resident Jerry Madden has lived just off Cordova Road since the 1980s, which was hard to spot from 7Skyforce on Wednesday. “The water’s creeping up on us,” he said. “There’s no doubt about that. You can’t deny that. The ocean is moving in closer. This has always been an area that’s flooded just because it’s low, and the water comes up.”

“We just had beach re-nourishment down there,” Madden said. “It took like a couple of months to do it, but that’s all washed away — the whole thing, and nobody’s seen the ocean that high down there. The seas are getting higher, and it’s obvious. These king tides are proof of that, so some day, this may be what it looks like here permanently.”

Karen Flanagan has lived off Cordova Road since 1964. “This is as high as I have ever seen [the water]. I mean, this far into here,” Flanagan said.

edit on 7-10-2019 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU
Solar activity has always been the key proponent to Earth's weather. Always. At least as long as we've been tracking space weather we have been able to draw the direct correlation to weather events on Earth.

I ran across this today from OANN: NASA: Climate Changes Due To Shifts In Solar Orbit, Not Human Activity

The archive mentioned in the article was published in March of 2000. It's amazing this information has not come to light sooner.

Now the use of teens from the globalists to perpetrate max hysteria and hoaxes regarding the Earth's climate (aka Greta Thurnberg)

ARTICLE: www.oann.com...

According to NASA scientists, so-called “climate change” is mostly driven by factors unrelated to human activity. A past study by the agency found the Sun has been the main factor behind changes in the Earth’s climate over the past 1,000 years. Scientists say our planet’s solar orbit has changed several times over the past centuries. This resulted in a warmer climate in the Middle Ages, or medieval period, and a global cooling in the 14th Century known as the Little Ice Age.

NASA’s findings suggest so-called “man-made climate change” is a political narrative to impose economic control over the global population. The agency has reportedly known about this since 1958. However, its findings seem to have been buried in the archives, while the global push of climate advocacy has taken the forefront of world politics. The Milankovitch Climate Theory shows the tilt of the Earth’s axis along with changes in the solar orbit is the cause of change in climate — not factors surrounding human activity. Nonetheless, global warming continues to be a hot-button issue worldwide, especially since figures like environmental activist Greta Thunberg, 16, are receiving international recognition.

More great reading:

LINK: earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

But, for about 50 years, Milankovitch's theory was largely ignored. Then, in 1976, a study published in the journal Science examined deep-sea sediment cores and found that Milankovitch's theory did in fact correspond to periods of climate change (Hays et al. 1976). Specifically, the authors were able to extract the record of temperature change going back 450,000 years and found that major variations in climate were closely associated with changes in the geometry (eccentricity, obliquity, and precession) of Earth's orbit.

"Man made" climate change is a myth. Climate change is real. The climate....changes. Doh !

Cue and queue the hyperventilating left !

I am anti-climate change myself, but there is no proof here. As far as I am concerned neither side has made their case 100%. One thing is a fact though, co2 is in fact a greenhouse gas, that is the only truth I know. As for if it will cause climate change on the scale they are talking, I doubt it but i've been unable to find real verifiable evidence one way or the other. What worries me is if we are wrong and it is in fact a major issue that got politicized by Al Gore which in effect ruined the issue if it was in fact a serious issue. Very concerning on both fronts.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Im in Key West. So far we have had street flooding most of September and it continues. We are even getting flooding durring the quarter moon, which means the next full and following new moon will bring even more water. I tried to upload a picture but i need to compress it for ATS.
edit on 7-10-2019 by jrod because: T

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

But how to isolate variables?

Mostly, CO2 from the ocean is "new" carbon. CO2 from fossil fuels is recognizable, it is "old" carbon.

CO2 content of the oceans is rising, not declining.
earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

Other analyses provide insights in to other natural sources of CO2.
www.sciencealert.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: UKTruth
Maybe you guys just aren't as clever as you think!

Maybe.
But I'm pretty sure the world isn't ending in 12 years because of global warming.
The lies have become so extreme, it's hard to believe any of it.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU
The Sun is and will always be the driver of the climate on Earth. Not man.

I'm not sure why you spam all your posts with this mantra as if anyone here thinks otherwise.

Obviously the sun is the primary driver of climate. Equally obviously, it is not the only driver of climate, otherwise the moon and earth, being the same distance from the sun, would enjoy the same climate.

The chemistry and structure of the oceans, the atmosphere, the earth's surface and interior are also drivers.
edit on 7-10-2019 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
The world is not ending in 12 years, on that we agree.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

And where did all of this excess CO2 come from?

CO2 Historical

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ozforsale

The combustion of fossil fuels. Mostly.

Oh, I see. More leaves means good.
Nevermind the other stuff that warming does.

edit on 10/8/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Ozforsale

The combustion of fossil fuels. Mostly.

Oh, I see. More leaves means good.
Nevermind the other stuff that warming does.

Apparently 7,000ppm is perfect for a lush green planet!

This is the period that bullsh#t article claims the lushest green planet at 7000ppm
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 8-10-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: MrConspiracy

The excess CO2 is indeed from human activity. To deny this is like denying the plastic in the ocean is from humans.

www.newscientist.com...

This article was from 2007, now the CO2 levels are up to 410ppm.

I never said it wasn't. I said I've often wondered how they find the stats to measure (pre industrial revolution) I'm sure there are ways, I just don't know how you measure CO2 levels from 200 years ago.

And my point was, the planet will change. It will heat up. It will cool. We might be damaging the earth (and i'm all for cleaning up the mess we make) but for ANYONE to suggest we can "save" the planet from huge changes is wrong. The planet has gone through huge changes before man existed. The media often leave that out and blame humans entirely.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Upload your image to a place like postimages.org...

then use ats tags to place the image. [ats]http://link.to/image/here.jpg[/ats]

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Thank you.

Ta da.
Yeah. That's not beach erosion.

And seawater is really bad for brakes.
There's a place in Honolulu where sea fishies show up in the intersection. It's so cute.

While Florida is experiencing subsidence (along with sea level rise), Oahu isn't. Here the island is actually rising a bit, but not fast enough to keep up with the ocean.

edit on 10/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join