It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that "Man Made Climate Change" is for the weak minded sheep

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: 1point92AU

Just like your incorrect absolute statements about the size of the Earth's atmosphere in the other thread about ol' Elon's boosters.
You're confused. You're the one who said the atmosphere ends at a specific and arbitrary altitude.

LOL...whatever you need to tell yourself. Hypocrite Phage strikes again. Talk about misquoting.

But back to my irrefutable point of this thread...so try to stay on topic.

The Sun is and will always be the driver for the Earth's climate.

Keep trying to deflect away from your errors OR you can let go of your fragile ego.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

For the umpteenth time, is the Sun getting hotter?
It's a simple question but feel free to answer with as much technical detail as you wish. I can handle it. The more detail the better, in fact.

edit on 10/6/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Wow. Don't like the message so attack the messenger.

Do you have any actual evidence that human activity is NOT affecting the climate?

Both atmospheric CO2 and CH4 are rising as a direct result of human activity. To pretend this has no affect on our planet's climate is straight up ignorant.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
But isnt that what it means? Global warming? As in on a global scale everything should be getting warmer? Or else why call it global warming?

Why not call it localized warming, or centralized warming, or even only warming in some places? Or does that not sound scary enough? I do suppose does not have the same sort of ring that having the word global in front of warming has on people.

I mean if you call it climate change, that to has a different ring to it then if you call it climate shift. The climate changes, the climate shifts, like saying tomato tomatoo, semantics a plenty.

And also the sun does not only effect the atmosphere with its sunny disposition, just because you or others cant see it. Does not mean its not there, or it has no effect. They say you can fit over million earths inside the sun, at that point that's kind of like ignoring the elephant in the room.

Anyways kind of hard to deny the fact that shift happens, has happened and will happen, regardless of what people do.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: UKTruth

The irony.

He won't relent. He does the same to every other peer-reviewed research he disagrees with to the point that he states the authors of said papers do not state what is right in their own handwriting.

He's either a smart guy who feels a little embarrassed about being hoodwinked by climate priests into believing we have to pay money in order to stop the world ending - therefore is now a little entrenched... or he has a vested interest in the climate hoax due to some grant.

He's too intelligent to simply just believe the hoax.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

a reply to: ambassado12

Funny you should mention that. I just made a post about it.

The Milankovitch cycles affect climate gradually, over thousands of years. And they say that things should be cooling slowly, not warming rapidly.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Skip the model and look at the current state. Earth is in an eliptical orbit with a 5 percent different in proximity to the sun.... being closest in the winter months. Add to that we are also at 23.5 degree tilt with 24.5 being the most.
So we are in a warm periode in terms or Earths orbit.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It's a simple question but feel free to answer with as much technical detail as you wish. I can handle it. The more detail the better, in fact.

Your question is irrelevant and doesn't warrant a response. What warrants a response is your continued attempt to deflect away from the fact you do not know what you are talking about yet continue to pretend you do when in reality you hold no degrees or experience in any of the subject matter being discussed.

You like to pretend you know what you are "talking" about because you have a frail and fragile ego. You use the same tool set as everyone else here and yet you keep getting it wrong.

No matter how much you attempt to deflect you will never be able to disprove the following irrefutable fact.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Earth doesn't care about right v left.

Epochs are how she travels 1point92AU.

And change is happening whether or not we are responsible or otherwise.

We will either accept the facts and adapt thus overcome, or stagnate and possibly lose our technological base nevermind a significant proportion of our infrastructure to nature.

Either way, the world will still spin with or without the greater part of Humanity in tow.
edit on 6-10-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Same daily insolation.

Same duration of sunlight. Yes.
But insolation varies according to the eccentricity cycle.
skepticalscience.com...

That is very informative. It looks like the biggest difference was felt above 64 degrees North/South.

It's a good example of what climate change is about. The insolation was only varied by a little bit for most of the planet,, but due to feedback effects and its interaction with other factors, it became an ice age.

phys.org...=In%201941%2C%20Milutin%20Milankovitch%20suggested,65%C2%B0N%2C%20was%20es sential.

Was the average sunlight per year different enough to affect plant growth, though? Probably not by as much as you would want to think. Eccentricity both brings the planet closer, and pushes it further away, depending on what part of year it is. (Which could help explain why there was so much rainfall maybe?)

The OP's confusion is that he's thinking the ice age was like a permanent Winter, and it wasn't.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
50 flags on a thread that offers no proof of anything.

The OP has it backwards though, it is those who deny the science behind man made climate change are the brainwashed sheep.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
a reply to: Phage
Why not call it localized warming, or centralized warming, or even only warming in some places? Or does that not sound scary enough?

I don't believe you're as globally dim as you make out.
'Global warming' does not imply, 'warmer at every place on the globe at the same time' - it means warmer on average.
edit on 6-10-2019 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
Maybe you guys just aren't as clever as you think!

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Your premise:

originally posted by: 1point92AU

But when asked if the sun is getting hotter:

originally posted by: 1point92AU
Your question is irrelevant and doesn't warrant a response.

Why? What could be a more relevant question, given that premise?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

So we are in a warm periode in terms or Earths orbit.

We were. That's probably why the last glacial period ended 10,000 years ago.

I wish this thing was working, it's pretty cool. It shows that, according to the Milankovich cycles, the planet should be cooling. Slowly and gradually. You can select different time spans, past and future. Calculations for Solar insolation values, shows all the parameters; eccentricity, obliquity, and precession. And, as the OP says, the Sun rules. Or rather, the electromagnetic radiation the Earth receives from it does. Of course, if the energy that leaves is less than the energy received, things change.
biocycle.atmos.colostate.edu...

I'll contact them tomorrow to see if they might be able to fix it, unless you want to. In the meantime:

We are currently in a decreasing phase, which under normal circumstances, without the excess GHG’s, would cool the climate system.

ossfoundation.us...

If you can provide your own calculations in regard to insolation, that would be great.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis
Warmer on average were? And if so, why not call it global average warming?

Which places, countries continents, subways, and local shop markets are getting warmer? If its not on a global scale, is it on a localized scale? In which case why not call it localized warming?

And if its like you say. "Global warming does not imply warmer at every place on the globe at the same time" Then whats the big hoopla? Things have not only been getting warmer or colder all over the places since the 50s but since over 50 million years ago.

Or is this more about that carbon tax thing? Seems like, it. In which case. Then the only question remains. Do you or anybody you know have any stock in carbon credits?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Warmer on average were? And if so, why not call it global average warming?

Global warming.
On average, an increase in global temperatures.

More places are getting warming than cooler.

The Earth's climate system is retaining more heat.

Happy now? Perhaps if you had any genuine interest you may have figured it out.

And if its like you say. "Global warming does not imply warmer at every place on the globe at the same time" Then whats the big hoopla?
The "hoopla" is that climates are changing. Some places are getting dryer. Some places are getting wetter. Some are getting warmer. Fewer are getting cooler. Dryer and wetter are not necessarily good, for people. Neither are warmer or cooler, necessarily. Especially when those changes happen rapidly.

There's other stuff too. But let's start with this. OK? Discuss. Or don't. It's still happening, either way. Whether you think so, or not.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Whether you think so, or not.

No one debates if the climate changes or not. It's been changing since the early days of Earth's formation.

What I've successfully argued repeatedly in this thread while I watch you back track and deflect is that the Sun is the primary driver for the climate on Earth. Not man.

Whether you think so or not.

Keep deflecting.

The Sun is and will always be the driver for the Earth's climate. Not man.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

What I've successfully argued repeatedly in this thread while I watch you back track and deflect is that the Sun is the primary driver for the climate on Earth. Not man.

I don't think anyone has disagreed with you. But you still haven't answered a very important question.

Why is the planet warming? Is the Sun getting warmer? Is Solar insolation increasing?

If not, it would seem that the Sun doesn't have much to do with the current circumstances.

Read that quote you posted earlier.

Solar radiation powers the climate system. There are three fundamental ways to change the radiation balance of the Earth: by changing the incoming solar radiation(e.g., by changes in Earth’s orbit or in the Sun itself); by changing the fraction of solar radiation that is reflected (called ‘albedo’; e.g., by changes in cloud cover, atmospheric particles or vegetation); by altering the longwave radiation from Earth back towards space (e.g., by changing greenhouse gas concentrations).

edit on 10/7/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I've already closed this one down. Your question is irrelevant to the core message of this thread. Are you lacking in your reading comprehension again or simply attempting once again to deflect from the fact you are wrong? Like I proved you wrong in the thread about the atmosphere and ol' Elon's booster rockets.

The Sun is and will always be the driver for the climate on Earth. Not man.

But by all means continue to deflect to protect that fragile ego.

Oh yeah..don't forget...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I don't think anyone has disagreed with you. But you haven't answered a very important question.

Is Solar insolation increasing?

You should thank me. Until this thread you never knew what solar insolation was. Once you used your Google PHD after a specific post I made I saw you change your use of words derived from the same article I read where solar insolation was discussed. You're not very good at losing.

You seem to think the Earth and Man share a symbiotic relationship. The Earth doesn't need Man to survive. Remove Man from the equation and the Sun still shines and the climate still exists.

Remove the Sun from the equation and in a week the surface of the Earth reaches 0 degrees Fahrenheit and in a year the surface of the Earth reaches minus 100 degrees Fahrenheit. What happens with no sunlight? Are you up on your studies or do you need to put that Google PHD to work again?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join