It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that "Man Made Climate Change" is for the weak minded sheep

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Solar activity has always been the key proponent to Earth's weather. Always. At least as long as we've been tracking space weather we have been able to draw the direct correlation to weather events on Earth.

I ran across this today from OANN: NASA: Climate Changes Due To Shifts In Solar Orbit, Not Human Activity

The archive mentioned in the article was published in March of 2000. It's amazing this information has not come to light sooner.

Now the use of teens from the globalists to perpetrate max hysteria and hoaxes regarding the Earth's climate (aka Greta Thurnberg)

ARTICLE: www.oann.com...

According to NASA scientists, so-called “climate change” is mostly driven by factors unrelated to human activity. A past study by the agency found the Sun has been the main factor behind changes in the Earth’s climate over the past 1,000 years. Scientists say our planet’s solar orbit has changed several times over the past centuries. This resulted in a warmer climate in the Middle Ages, or medieval period, and a global cooling in the 14th Century known as the Little Ice Age.

NASA’s findings suggest so-called “man-made climate change” is a political narrative to impose economic control over the global population. The agency has reportedly known about this since 1958. However, its findings seem to have been buried in the archives, while the global push of climate advocacy has taken the forefront of world politics. The Milankovitch Climate Theory shows the tilt of the Earth’s axis along with changes in the solar orbit is the cause of change in climate — not factors surrounding human activity. Nonetheless, global warming continues to be a hot-button issue worldwide, especially since figures like environmental activist Greta Thunberg, 16, are receiving international recognition.

More great reading:

LINK: earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

But, for about 50 years, Milankovitch's theory was largely ignored. Then, in 1976, a study published in the journal Science examined deep-sea sediment cores and found that Milankovitch's theory did in fact correspond to periods of climate change (Hays et al. 1976). Specifically, the authors were able to extract the record of temperature change going back 450,000 years and found that major variations in climate were closely associated with changes in the geometry (eccentricity, obliquity, and precession) of Earth's orbit.

"Man made" climate change is a myth. Climate change is real. The climate....changes. Doh !

Cue and queue the hyperventilating left !

edit on 2-10-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Er! Ok!

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

Let me be honest and directly to the point.

What does it matter if it is real or not? Really?

Here is why, the only "solutions" allowed are Financial Scams.

The push and alarmism is directly tied to pushing Financial Scams, Carbon Credit Scams, Taxes, and Special Interest Control & Regulation.

I have seen quite a few "real solutions" but nobody will talk about those since the "Right" people don't end up with Power, Money, and Control.

There you have it.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Scientists say our planet’s solar orbit has changed several times over the past centuries. This resulted in a warmer climate in the Middle Ages, or medieval period, and a global cooling in the 14th Century known as the Little Ice Age.

I don't suppose you have a link to one of those scientists who says that Earth's orbit has changed several times in the past few centuries, do you?

Thing is, the Milankovich cycles operate on periods of thousands of years. Not decades. Not centuries. They don't lead to rapid changes. Your own source says that.

Thing is, according to the Milankovich cycles, the planet should have been cooling for the past few thousand years. It was, until a hundred or so ago. It's going to be a long time before the Earth starts warming because of the Milkankovitch cycles.
ossfoundation.us...

This is a nice calculator, but it seems to be broken at the moment.
biocycle.atmos.colostate.edu...

There are things other than the Milankovich cycles which influence climate on the shorter term. The Little Ice Age, for example, was mostly caused by a series of large volcanic eruptions and was not global.

While the MM occurred within the much longer LIA period, the timing of the features are not suggestive of causation and should not, in isolation, be used as evidence of significant solar forcing of climate. Climate model simulations suggest multiple factors, particularly volcanic activity, were crucial for causing the cooler temperatures in the northern hemisphere during the LIA. A reduction in total solar irradiance likely contributed to the LIA at a level comparable to changing land use.
www.research.ed.ac.uk...

edit on 10/2/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

you know the people paid to push those fallacies get their money from the oil companies, right?
it's not the rich scientists versus you, its texaco and the like versus science.
if scientists were lying their credibility would be shot to pieces, it isn't.

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It is not only a financial scam. It is also a global power grab. The ultimate goal of the climate change scam is the redistribution of wealth AND the consolidation of power.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

From your article that was posted.

...orbital variations remain the most thoroughly examined mechanism of climatic change on time scales of tens of thousands of years and are by far the clearest case of a direct effect of changing insolation on the lower atmosphere of Earth
(National Research Council, 1982).

While I'm not in 100% agreement with some of the more extreme climate change advocates. I live in Miami and I can see with my own eyes how the ocean is creeping up onto land during king tides. Something that I've not seen in my 46 years living in Miami.

Politicians are just denying climate change so they can kick the can down the road. Because it's politically expedient. When the SHTF and many coastal cities will have to be evacuated it's gonna be ugly.

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Any problem where the solution is "raising taxes" and giving more power to the government should be seen with serious skepticism.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I don't think anyone honestly believes the earth's climate isn't changing, it's done that since the beginning of time. Geologic records prove it. But to say it's happening because of humans? That's ridiculous. There are conditions that can affect weather, but to say the climate cycle is altered because of man is denying nature and extremely arrogant.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
“NASA’s findings suggest so-called “man-made climate change” is a political narrative to impose economic control over the global population. The agency has reportedly known about this since 1958.“

NASA was not founded until July of 1958.

The first weather satellite, TIROS, was not launched until 1960.

How then, would it be possible for NASA to “know” that human influence bears no impact on global climate change, as the linked article in your OP supposedly contends?
edit on 2-10-2019 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Look up ozone, how it is depleted, and what happens when it is depleted.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Scientists say our planet’s solar orbit has changed several times over the past centuries. This resulted in a warmer climate in the Middle Ages, or medieval period, and a global cooling in the 14th Century known as the Little Ice Age.

I don't suppose you have a link to one of those scientists who says that Earth's orbit has changed several times in the past few centuries, do you?

Thing is, the Milankovich cycles operate on periods of thousands of years. Not decades. Not centuries. They don't lead to rapid changes. Your own source says that.

Thing is, according to the Milankovich cycles, the planet should have been cooling for the past few thousand years. It was, until a hundred or so ago. It's going to be a long time before the Earth starts warming because of the Milkankovitch cycles.
ossfoundation.us...

This is a nice calculator, but it seems to be broken at the moment.
biocycle.atmos.colostate.edu...

There are things other than the Milankovich cycles which influence climate on the shorter term. The Little Ice Age, for example, was mostly caused by a series of large volcanic eruptions and was not global.

While the MM occurred within the much longer LIA period, the timing of the features are not suggestive of causation and should not, in isolation, be used as evidence of significant solar forcing of climate. Climate model simulations suggest multiple factors, particularly volcanic activity, were crucial for causing the cooler temperatures in the northern hemisphere during the LIA. A reduction in total solar irradiance likely contributed to the LIA at a level comparable to changing land use.
www.research.ed.ac.uk...

You say it should have been cooling for the last few thousand years? that’s the first time I’ve heard that can you provide a link to that?

6,000 years ago the Sahara was a tropical rainforest so that’s obviously not the case, I thought the evidence pointed towards warming for the past 12,000 years, and ice core data showed clear warming and cooling cycles roughly every 100,000 years with unexplainable mini fluctuations 5/4c

It’s warmed steadily since, notably faster in the past 300 years which puts warming outside of the industrial revolution

I tend to agree with climate change, but certainly no clear evidence to suggest Co2 is playing any part

And if it were, it’s plant food, I think people should start looking at ocean /Iron fertilisation, it looks like that could be the answer to “if we needed to” flipping the switch

Edit sorry see the link will read
edit on 2-10-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Look up ozone, how it is depleted, and what happens when it is depleted.

Yep. By solar flares and volcano eruptions mostly, some chlorine and bromine particles have affected it but that is not climate. It's also temporary, thinning and thickening in cycles relating mostly to the sun. Or at least as NASA and the EPA define it.
edit on 2-10-2019 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yeah, they should push all those climate scientists off the edge of the Earth!

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

6,000 years ago the Sahara was a tropical rainforest so that’s obviously not the case
Wetter, yes. Apparently that region was wetter in the past. I'm not sure how that conflicts with a global cooling trend.

It’s warmed steadily since, notably faster in the past 300 years which puts warming outside of the industrial revolution
That is not what various global temperature reconstructions show. While there are problems with such proxies, when most show a general trend it usually is an indication that there was one.

There was a recovery from the cooling of the little ice age, but the warming over the past 100 years (and especially the past 50) far exceed that in rate and magnitude.

edit on 10/2/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Any problem where the solution is "raising taxes" and giving more power to the government should be seen with serious skepticism.

I think sometimes there can be a valid problem, but government solutions should be seen with serious scepticism.

Not that we can change the natural evolution of the climate, but well... there is no doubt in my mind that we do indeed contribute to it.. bit like throwing a match on a bonfire.. it's not the cause of it, and it's not going to make much of a difference, but it's not going to help put it out, either..

We're on a ball of flammable mud. we should get used it that.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hey the Google PHD Phage has shown up to show us how to use Google !

Puttin' that Google PHD to work ! You go !

edit on 2-10-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The Sun is the driver for weather patterns on Earth. Not man.

Just like the Earth's atmosphere is much larger than you ever knew.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

you know the people paid to push those fallacies get their money from the oil companies, right?
it's not the rich scientists versus you, its texaco and the like versus science.
if scientists were lying their credibility would be shot to pieces, it isn't.

This is true.

It has become a political issue in the past decade or so. The alt-right has been led to believe human induced climate change is a hoax to make more taxes or some even more guano psychosis theories like this is a global conspiracy to take over the world.

It amazes me that people are willing to believe crap like that over science, then go on to call those of us who understand the actual science brainwashed libtards.

While you are right about big oil playing a major role in the disinformation/doubt campaign with climate change, this truth is not popular on ATS.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This carbon climate change scam is not real. But we cannot keep poluting this world or our actions will result in destroying mother earths ability to provide for all life here. It is mostly the chemicals we dump into the environment that are destroying the ability of the earth to heal. It is in our soaps, our makeups, used on crops, and from all of the plastics we make. Most of this chemistry is not natural, at least in the concentrations it is being added to the environment. We are messing up and there are scammers trying to make people feel better if they donate to their organizations. That may make people feel better, but it does not solve the problem. I try not to make an excessive negative impact on the environment. I hung around with some tree huggers, real environmentalists, back in the seventies. Some of those people who loved nature were actually old people who grew up in the old days and did not want to hurt the forests anymore. They loved to hunt and fish and managed their trees on their land, they used the trees for firewood so they were selective cutting out some diseased trees that were ok for firewood which made the rest of their trees grow faster. They had some nice stands of trees, then their kids saw dollar signs when they inherited the land and had them cut down for lumber. The best part is that by the time all the trees got cut and hauled away those that inherited the land did not make much at all, the cost of everything gobbled up all the money and they got way less than they expected. They did not understand the contract they signed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join