It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Now (that's right today).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Have you ever considered, given that the human race doesn't destroy itself, that we at this time are a segment of history, and will all, every individual around the globe as part of their society, will be seen in textbooks and "history" and perhaps even fables and myths of the future, and hopefully distant future as an abstract idea of a time and people of the past, just as we look at say ancient egypt, or 1850s America. etc. etc. etc..

You will be an abstract thought in the mind of a scholar in the distant future if all goes right. We will be but an artifact of antiquity, a relic upon which eons will skew and cloud what really took place. Millenia will pass if the world doesn't end, (of course lol, if Mr. Bush doesn't kill us first), and we will be but a twinkle in the eye of a historian digging for "evidence that there was a technologically advanced human society before ours". Perhaps as we dig for anomalous relics today. In the distant future of course.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Makes you wonder doesn't it? maybe this has already happened in the past?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
Makes you wonder doesn't it? maybe this has already happened in the past?

I realize my subject title is a tad frilly, but...

There are people around the globe that believe in the possibility of ancient civilizations that had higher technology then we do now. These civilizations very likely became the myths and legends that we have today.

Should the human race be able to restrain itself and not blow us all to bits, it’s fair to assume that in 3 thousand years, people on Earth will be able to read about our exploits.

Let’s just hope that the legends future earthlings have about us now are more factual then the ones we have now, about our ancestors.

-VW

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think a hundred years from now, they will still be trying to figure out how Bush got re-ellected.

join