It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the F are the Republicans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
The problem in the House is the Republicans have no power to do anything to these lying scumbags on the Left.

The Republicans did not do anything about the lying scumbags when they had the majority of the House as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
First time posting in the Rants forum. Here goes.

Yeah, I try to stay away from this with politics (you could've posted this in political mud-pit for an even larger response) because it's a lot of effort for no real gain. You get to explain your feelings and ideas and if the forum is majority aligned with you it's good and rewarding because you shared with your fellows. If not, you'll get tons of replies but very little stars, even flags depending on how much it triggers them. You won't be changing anyone's mind and you'd be starting one of those mud throwing things and your post is the bullseye.

In other words, I think most of us would agree if we had to think about it that there's very little point for a dem to post here about politics unless they want to stir the pot and enjoy it. The commandos of the interwebz idea war over no one because everyone is in the opposing army or in yours.

As the title says, where the f**k are the Republicans? The Senate has a Republican majority and the house has quite a few Republicans last time I checked. Granted, I don't watch MSM and so I get my news from aggregate services such as News360. There is no news about Republicans taking a stand. There is so much coverage about the Democratic push against the white house its become ridiculous. This has been ongoing for 2 and a half years now and it's as if Trump's party has abandoned him and he has to defend himself on every attack. Unfortunately, too often, that's on Twitter. (By the way, Twitter should be banned by policy for federal government officials but that's another thread.) If it weren't for Jim Jordan, I'd say the R's are just dialing it in instead of actually showing up for work.

Perhaps they want to stay out of it. Some of the less radical republicans which is most of them might not be as into it and energized as the outspoken reps on the internet. Gung ho pro-Trump til the very end might be less than you think, you might be basing your opinion on their lack of activism or inaction on how openly opinionated and outspoken the internet is vs GOP politicians on capitol hill.

You never know, if some or many of them various levels of pessimistic on his re-election (I know that's speaking heresy but stay with my train of thought), would they act like it or say it? Alright, but what wouldn't then do? Rally behind the president in a dramatic way like you're saying that isn't happening on the level you feel should be that they should be.

They might also "see it for what it is" and have confidence that it's going nowhere and isn't impeachable so why join in the public media dramafest?

Hell, Jeff Flake said the GOP should get behind someone else for 2020. Obviously he isn't seeking re-election in the senate or else he'd never say how he truly felt, consider that regarding what I suggested above. We know that'd never happen because of the power of the president. It'd be open shameful mutiny and a loss of confidence to go down in the history books tarnishing the president forever.

It's not so much that we need Republican senators and house members to speak up in news bits but there's a general lack of a coordinated response (a.k.a. a strategy) to counter Democrats' efforts to stop Trump at every turn. What are the R's doing all day? Don't they have an obligation to try and support their leader? We have a country at stake and congress is letting the D's run amok. Meanwhile. very little legislation is getting done. It's nothing but hearings and impeachment speeches.

If this were football it would sound like they need a new coach.

I want to see a contingent of Republican leaders. A few that will make some real noise and not the old standard parrots like Lindsey Graham who talks well in front of a mic but has no teeth. We need a few like the three horsewomen. It's time to get a bit radical I think. I live in Georgia and I'd like to see Johnny Isakson and David Perdue step up to the plate. There are 9 Georgia Republican congressmen. They need to step up to the plate. They're all on recess now so it's not like they don't have time to actually get together and think.

The problem there is that the GOP hardly has any women and women get the attention and the following. Always have and always will. A good analogy for this is a collectable trading card game. Your deck has other strengths and a completely different style. Your opponents deck has their own too and young women who aren't white is one of them. Crenshaw is young and a veteran. He gets a lot of his attention from appearance but even 3 of that card still isn't going to trump the ones the dems have. That's okay, they suck in ways that your deck excels at, that's how the game works.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Another interesting observation is that no one says: "That was admittedly foolish and excessive for Trump to do. It was for the cause, and in his interest which is our interest because it keeps a GOP majority in government but he might have hurt his chances which are our chances and the future of the nation for everyone."

That would be evident of the loss of morale which a rout is the inevitble result. In a military analogy it'd be like the army openly losing confidence in the commander for the enemy to see while on the battlefield.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Jim Jordan is the bomb.

Every time I watch him, he's tearing strips off some tool democrat because they constantly bring up magic unicorn slop as a matter of fact and basically can't get their sh!t together. They deserve it, every time.

He reminds me of old mate Trey Gowdy, another bomber from way back.....

Hillary on the other hand, well shes just a bitch, god I hope she runs again, I have so many memes and gifs I'm surprised ATS hasn't cut me off due to taking up all the storage.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

First time posting in the Rants forum. Here goes.

Yeah, I try to stay away from this with politics (you could've posted this in political mud-pit for an even larger response) because it's a lot of effort for no real gain. You get to explain your feelings and ideas and if the forum is majority aligned with you it's good and rewarding because you shared with your fellows. If not, you'll get tons of replies but very little stars, even flags depending on how much it triggers them. You won't be changing anyone's mind and you'd be starting one of those mud throwing things and your post is the bullseye.

To be honest, the intent wasn't to try and change anyone's mind or do the utmost to get stars and flags. I really did want to rant. Was it a lot of effort? No, just typed what was in my head.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti
Hillary on the other hand, well shes just a bitch, god I hope she runs again, I have so many memes and gifs I'm surprised ATS hasn't cut me off due to taking up all the storage.

Can't wait for that! 2016 all over again 👍

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

If you're a conservative, do you feel somewhat abandoned in support for our President?

Most conservatives feel abandoned by our President, and the Republican party as a whole (which has fallen inline behind this lifelong Dem currently holding office).

Conservatives believe in deregulation, not rushing to ban products like flavored nicotine vape pens because black market THC cartridges are making people sick.

Conservatives believe in fiscal responsibility, not trillion dollar deficits.

Conservatives believe in free markets, not "tariff the hell out of everyone".

The list goes on and on.

There's an old saying about Ds and Rs when choosing their leaders. Democrats fall in love, and Republicans fall in line. Oddly enough, Republicans (not conservatives) have largely fallen in love and in line behind a crazy lifelong Democrat that happened to throw an R next to his name. Meanwhile, conservatives have largely abandoned ship (not seeking re-election, leaving the party to declare "independent", or just keeping their heads low to avoid being the target of a twitter tirade). Trump may now claim to be a Republican, but his policies and actions are definitely not conservative.
edit on 10/3/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
here's hint genius, the Republicans are bought and paid for exactly like the Democrats, if you think there's any difference between the 2 parties that shows how efficient your critical thinking skills are IF you have any

I feel like threads like this are a joke

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
It really goes to show the power the deep state has.

Everyone should be disgusted by the Democrats and teach them a lesson

top topics

<< 1   >>

join