It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Manadatory) Secondary Cockpit Barriers and Germanwings Crash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Some pilots were authorized to carry weapons. I don't know if that is still the case. In the late 80's, I used to work for a company that made aircraft interiors. (747-400 galleys) It would be very easy to hide or camouflage the buttons.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
a reply to: Oleandra88

Depending on the size of the aircraft you shouldn't need more than four or five buttons. These should be just press once. In an emergency there may not be time to remember a combination. You could put them in a locked compartment that would pop open with a swipe card or RFID chip.

Wouldnt it be easier just have a sky martial with keys. If he needs to get i to the cockpit he can do so. This seems to work for Israel every flight of El Al had a sky martial.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
I posted this idea a few years ago. I guess it is time to post it again.

With modern technology it is possible to install a "panic button" in a airliner.
There could be multiple buttons through out the aircraft.
When a button is pressed the aircraft no longer responds to control inputs from the flight deck. The aircraft automatically starts circling and it's transponder code is changed to show an emergency. Ground control then takes command of the aircraft and lands it at the nearest airport.

End of problem.

You do understand that ground control is an air traffic control position that is filled by non-pilot civil servants. And the "nearest airport may be a 1200 foot long grass runway between 6,000 foot mountains. What might be a suitable airport for a SF 34 is not suitable for an A 380. And the cost of a ticket would quadruple. What a challenge for hackers.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Are you digginfotruf? Your posts remind me of his. a reply to: TheRepublicOfCanada

Nope. Definitely not.

Why? What did that poster write?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join