It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA chief scientist says 'we're close' to making announcements about life on Mars

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It sure is an interesting statement. It's not disclosure until it's actually stated, carefully you don't get excited prematurely...

I'm not sure how you can draw any connection between the navy video and this NASA statement. I thought the navy video proved Harry Potter was real and that was the snitch? Figured it was common knowledge.

A statement like that could mean many things. It does lead me to think maybe they have found things that point to something beyond microbial life, after all how unready could the population be at this point to know some single cell bacteria live in the sand of mars? Im pretty sure most people already assume this to be the case. Maybe they've found something more archaeological in nature and they need to confirm their findings? It's really all just speculation until they say it. What a tease of an announcement lol.

I CAN HANDLE IT!! Tell us what you found!!

a reply to: neoholographic

edit on 3-10-2019 by Rob808 because: HP

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
It sure is an interesting statement. It's not disclosure until it's actually stated, carefully you don't get excited prematurely...

And it wouldn't be "disclosure" but a "discovery."

Saying something is being disclosed implies that the knowledge was already known, but was kept secret until then. Going by what this guy is saying, that does not seem to be the case here. In this case he is saying he believes that we are on the cusp of being able to detect life or past/present life signs.

That is to say, we may be on the cusp of being able to discover -- i.e., gain NEW knowledge about -- Martian life.

Again, that's discovery, not disclosure.

edit on 10/3/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: schuyler

I think you need to look up the Anthropic Principle and study the issue a little more carefully. It's not really about you, personally, or whether or not you are alive. Here: en.wikipedia.org...

Of course it's about me, personally. Who else? There is no hypothetical person or people the universe might have been made for. Hypothetical people don't exist. I do.

Nobody cares. That's not the point. Obviously you are not taking this conversation seriously enough to justify continuing. Stay ignorant. ATS cannot help you.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's very probable that micro organisms are living on Mars. Here on Earth there are some examples of really tough organisms. They literally get everything they need from eating rock minerals and electrons.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The only really big, completely massive, earth-shattering, game changing announcement that could be made with regards life elsewhere in the universe ...... would be if NASA had absolute proof that there is none ..... !

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: neoholographic

Why would they be worried about telling something like "We found living bacteria on Mars" That's just rubbish . Why do they think the general public is so fragile ?

I agree. Which tells me that whatever they would disclose could be more impactful than finding something as basic as bugs or the earth equivalent of a lizard, lets say.

On the surface, I don’t think people would freak out per se. Rather, it’s the implications. All of the arguments that “we’re alone” become harder to stand by. It’s suddenly not a huge leap to say there is other intelligent life out there say it’s plausible that UAPs are truly from “out there”. It has the potential to be an awakening. Which doesn’t mean mass pandemonium - it means a whole lot of things we told aren’t possible just got a whole lot more possible in the minds of the people - which I bet is the real concern here.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Nobody cares. That's not the point. Obviously you are not taking this conversation seriously enough to justify continuing. Stay ignorant. ATS cannot help you.

Thanks for the feedback imaginary person!

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: Rob808

And it wouldn't be "disclosure" but a "discovery."

Saying something is being disclosed implies that the knowledge was already known, but was kept secret until then. Going by what this guy is saying, that does not seem to be the case here. In this case he is saying he believes that we are on the cusp of being able to detect life or past/present life signs.

That is to say, we may be on the cusp of being able to discover -- i.e., gain NEW knowledge about -- Martian life.

Again, that's discovery, not disclosure.

This is also a really good point.

Flip the script from “disclosure” to “discovery” - and now we haven’t been lied to!

Governments don’t usually come clean about things unless they’re caught red handed - and even the message is “massaged” to fit the existing societal script/keep the confidence of the people.

“Discovery” could take us to what we’ve long viewed as “disclosure” very quickly - suddenly the cats out of the bag that life’s out there, we know what to look for, find more life, etc.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join