It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA chief scientist says 'we're close' to making announcements about life on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
People knew the earth moved, revolved around the sun way before Copernicus. When Copernicus released his work there wasn't some massive sighs of disbelief either so he's wrong on that analogy. People knew. Wasn't a big deal to anyone but religious leaders.

If there is water on a planet or was water, strong chance life exists or existed. As Dr Green said, there is more life below the surface of earth than on it so it makes sense we'll find it when we are able to dig deep and get core samples. What would be more unbelievable if we start massive drilling on planets with water and find nothing.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is BS. Who exactly isn't ready for them to disclose "microbiological" life? We have all come to that conclusion 10 #ing years ago that there was life on Mars and many other places. The World is not only ready for this news but the World will move on from it in one day. We don't care anymore because it's been spoon fed to us for many years.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Exactly, of course he's trying to walk it back now.

He wasn't neutral at all in his initial statements and he didn't give any qualifiers.

For instance, he could have said, we're about to launch missions to Mars and if we find life then...

He didn't say that.

He said they were close to making announcements. He also went into their deliberations about how people will react.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
So if they confirm microbial life on Mars we're supposed to get all excited? You mean we "can't handle" the situation as a species? Frankly, it's not worth getting emotional about. It is what is expected, is it not? Please don't try to tell us that "everything changes" even if they find some bugs or worms on Mars. Little green men hiding in caves since the Martian apocalypse? Sure. But bugs? Not so much.

Exactly, they seem to think there will be mass hysteria. Most people will not care.

If he says they found a different kind of life that's different than ours, that would be something. He could also say they found evidence of past multi cellular life.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

that is exactly what I would expect as well. Microbial life on Mars. Now as far as past intelligent life, I am still open minded.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Why would they be worried about telling something like "We found living bacteria on Mars" That's just rubbish . Why do they think the general public is so fragile ?

edit on 10/2/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Exactly, of course he's trying to walk it back now.

He wasn't neutral at all in his initial statements and he didn't give any qualifiers.

For instance, he could have said, we're about to launch missions to Mars and if we find life then...

He didn't say that.

He said they were close to making announcements. He also went into their deliberations about how people will react.

LMAO He is not walking back on anything. If you want to blame someone, blame Fauxnews for misinterpreting his statements.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
I don't get the old "You cant handle the truth!" bit. What do they think is gonna happen when they announce that there is microbial life on Mars?...Instant mass panic? Have we been too indoctrinated with Alien vs Predator flicks?

I think it is about the weirdness of religions who decided what God would or would not do. He says he is always working, why do they insist he stopped a angels and cherubs and all the rest and us? We are not told one way or another.

I also think the Pope was told quite a while back, he is busy trying to get people prepared and not commit suicide or something. Also the whole one world religion thing is being pressed.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Uhhh, I’m ready. I’ll go wow that’s really cool and go back to earning money.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Exactly, there is still life on earth that we have not had first contact with.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

True, but interconnected....even bacteria and humans exchange DNA here on Earth.

It's not about finding life, the sequencing is the issue once found. Those epiphanies are the structure of concerns, not aboriginal vs. European tired arguments. Origins.

mg

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Of course there is life on Mars.
Here's a good documentary about how the Martians were conquered by Santa Claus in 1964.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The drip drip is becoming splash splash...NASA

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I wonder if they'll admit they've found items there that were obviously manufactured, as can be seen in some images. Or perhaps they'll admit they've discovered that life does indeed exist in forms beyond our normal physical reality - or at least beyond our ability to observe scientifically yet.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Microbial life? BFD what does that prove? Has Mars someway devolved to microbial life from fully formed city building entities? Most people would have no problem with this concept of microbial life.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Arthropod and/or shelled organism derivatives and fungi. (In addition to a microorganism ecosystem.)

Calling it.

There's over half a million images from Mars, and explicitly very good ones from Curiosity.

I have personally combed at least 200,000 Mars images.

There is evidence ALL OVER THE PLACE in the images. I don't mean the pics people always harp on about. (Look a bird! Look a spoon!)
Not that stuff.
If you know what to ACTUALLY look for, there is evidence that isn't those flamboyant. "It looks like...!" claims.
You look for something a little different, when you know what you're actually trying to find.
Shells and motion. Those are my secrets to finding out the truth for myself. Segmentation, comparative analysis, fossil comparisons, never looking for one example. You look for multiple. Organisms don't exist in isolation. Find ecosystems and supporting mineral deposits.
With that stuff in mind, knowing to look for what these things would look like, after sitting in a low pressure environment with the Martian weather and chemical composition in mind....
What you find on Mars shouldn't look like just any old organism on Earth. That evidence appears, optically, a bit different, but the structures that can maintain their composure. (Shells... Heavy shell joints... Larger bone-type structure...)

That stuff is there. No need to take me on my word much longer, it appears.
edit on 2-10-2019 by Archivalist because: evidence

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There is life on Mars it's plain as day

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Forget microbes, even if it was proven that there is advanced alien life on Mars, a lot of people have problems with foreigners crossing borders on Earth - so how would they react to a different species on the planet next door proposing a visitation?

Xenophobia to the power of a thousand?

Even if successful alien contact occurred on the proverbial White House lawn, how many people would soon be grumbling, "Bloody Off-Earthers chasing our jobs and chicks..."?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
How can you say that you are close to finding something that you have always said doesn't exist?

They never said it doesn't exist. Please show me any example of NASA saying that life (past or present) definitely did/does not exist on Mars.

They've just said they have not found solid evidence of life. Those are two very different things.

In fact, NASA is actively searching for signs of life right now on Mars, and will continue to do so with its next lander. That doesn't sound like the actions of people who say there is no such thing as life on Mars.

edit on 10/2/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Why would they be worried about telling something like "We found living bacteria on Mars" That's just rubbish . Why do they think the general public is so fragile ?

It will be quite amazing if some religious groups commits mass suicide because they feel betrayed by God for the Earth not being the only place in the Universe where this is life. It could happen.

edit on 2-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join