It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA chief scientist says 'we're close' to making announcements about life on Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
DISCLOSURE!!

It already happened with the Navy but here's the Chief Scientist from NASA saying there's life on Mars.

In a startling interview, NASA's Planetary Science Division director Jim Green, Ph.D., has said the space agency is close to "making some announcements" about finding life on Mars — but that we're not ready for it.

“It will be revolutionary,” Green said in an interview with The Telegraph. “It’s like when Copernicus stated ‘no we go around the Sun.' Completely revolutionary. It will start a whole new line of thinking. I don’t think we’re prepared for the results. We’re not."

He added that he's worried because he believes NASA is close to finding life and making an announcement about it but wonders what will happen afterward.

“What happens next is a whole new set of scientific questions," Green continued. "Is that life like us? How are we related? Can life move from planet to planet or do we have a spark and just the right environment and that spark generates life -- like us or not like us -- based on the chemical environment that it is in?”

www.foxnews.com...

This is him basically admitting that they know life is on Mars but they're worried about how people will react.

This should be obvious that Life exists just about everywhere because Abiogenesis is a joke and life is most likely seeded through Panspermia.
edit on 2-10-2019 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

It's about time something really interesting happened in the news.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
How can you say that you are close to finding something that you have always said doesn't exist?
Like are we following bigfoot tracks and are getting close enough to see him making said tracks?
As stated above, they probably already found it but don't know how to tell us because of how we will take the news.
And what kind of life? Microbes are something different like Mars lizards?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's not disclosure, it would be discovery. They need to be 100% before making such a statement about life on Mars. That's science for ya.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

has said the space agency is close to "making some announcements" about finding life on Mars

Where does he say that ?
Faux news.

This was posted a couple of days ago , it isn't Disclosure it's opinion, he believes they could discovers microbial life on Mars in the next few years , I agree with him but that is opinion too.

link   
Well look at life we have beneath the oceans around the volcanic activity. It’s entirely possible there is actual fauna there. We assume too much about life out there based only on what we know about life here.

link   
I am certain in my youth there was a race on Mars, I thought I saw an Alien, I did I did

edit on 2-10-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Abiogenesis is real, as is panspermia.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
How can you say that you are close to finding something that you have always said doesn't exist?
Like are we following bigfoot tracks and are getting close enough to see him making said tracks?
As stated above, they probably already found it but don't know how to tell us because of how we will take the news.
And what kind of life? Microbes are something different like Mars lizards?

Exactly!

Of course they know it's life on Mars. Just read what he said.

What they're debating is how people will react.

You add this too the Navy admitting to the U.F.O.'s were in the videos that pseudoskeptics were saying for weeks that the videos aren't from the Government.

As I've said in a previous posts, most life will be microbial but there will also be a lot of intelligent life.

There Could Be Up to 10 Billion Earth-Like Planets in Our Galaxy Alone

Their results, published in The Astronomical Journal this week, suggest that an Earth-like planet orbits one in every four Sun-like stars. Totalled up, that means there could be up to 10 billion Earth-like worlds in our home galaxy.

When you look at all we've discovered already, there's little doubt that life exists throughout the universe.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Could be also a distraction,

No, you are not seeing military crafts in the sky, they must be them darned Martians,

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It's about time something really interesting happened in the news.

Exactly!

He's telling you they found life on Mars. Why not just say you're still looking. What makes you close? He's telling you why they haven't announced it and why they might not announce it because I'm sure news like this will be given to the President first. They may conclude we're not ready to hear it. It says:

“It will be revolutionary,” Green said in an interview with The Telegraph. “It’s like when Copernicus stated ‘no we go around the Sun.' Completely revolutionary. It will start a whole new line of thinking. I don’t think we’re prepared for the results. We’re not."

I don't think we're prepared for the results.

I personally think that's just an excuse. Most people will go on with their lives and they will not grasp the implications of this.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It's a God-awful small affair to the girl with the mousy hair...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My bet is the big announcement is
“We didn’t find anything”

As if anybody cares what NASA says, just a government department full of lies and conspiracy.
I remember when they found a space rock with signs of life on it, oops, sorry, we got it wrong

www.space.com...

“Or maybe not, or maybe we did, we don’t really know” not verbatim

Sells advertising space in trash magazines

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
Well look at life we have beneath the oceans around the volcanic activity. It’s entirely possible there is actual fauna there. We assume too much about life out there based only on what we know about life here.

It's pretty cold on Mars. If it is life it can't have water for blood.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

When is this going to happen????

I'm so sick of politics. I would love for something like this to change the level of discourse.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla

Exactly and the universe is fined tuned to create life just like it's fined tuned to create stars, planets and galaxies. This is why the universe favors earth sized planets over larger Jupiter sized planets.

Prevalence of Earth-size planets orbiting Sun-like stars

A major question is whether planets suitable for biochemistry are common or rare in the universe. Small rocky planets with liquid water enjoy key ingredients for biology. We used the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Kepler telescope to survey 42,000 Sun-like stars for periodic dimmings that occur when a planet crosses in front of its host star. We found 603 planets, 10 of which are Earth size and orbit in the habitable zone, where conditions permit surface liquid water. We measured the detectability of these planets by injecting synthetic planet-caused dimmings into Kepler brightness measurements. We find that 22% of Sun-like stars harbor Earth-size planets orbiting in their habitable zones. The nearest such planet may be within 12 light-years.

We also find that 11 ± 4% of Sun-like stars harbor an Earth-size planet that receives nearly Earth levels of stellar energy An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is pnas. We showed that small planets far outnumber large ones. Only 1.6 ± 0.4% of Sun-like stars harbor a Jupiter-size An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name planet with P = 5–100 d compared with a 23 ± 3% occurrence of Earth-size planets.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

I personally think it's obvious that life exists outside of earth but for some reason people feel threatened by this when we have found exoplanets, building blocks of life on meteors, comets and space dust, diverse extremophiles, water on planets outside of earth and more.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So if they confirm microbial life on Mars we're supposed to get all excited? You mean we "can't handle" the situation as a species? Frankly, it's not worth getting emotional about. It is what is expected, is it not? Please don't try to tell us that "everything changes" even if they find some bugs or worms on Mars. Little green men hiding in caves since the Martian apocalypse? Sure. But bugs? Not so much.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I don't get the old "You cant handle the truth!" bit. What do they think is gonna happen when they announce that there is microbial life on Mars?...Instant mass panic? Have we been too indoctrinated with Alien vs Predator flicks?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I swear you have the best reasoning of anyone on this board, but maybe cuz i was thinking the same thing so I might be biased.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Never
A
Straight
Answer

More from Dr Jim Green and Gizmodo in this story that just came out.

Would Finding Life on Mars Really Change Anything?

These are, needless to say, some rather big and bold claims. To be clear, there is currently no definitive evidence of life on Mars (whether extinct or extant), and there are no imminent announcements about the discovery of life on Mars. Just to be sure, we reached out to Green for further clarification.

“It’s incorrect to think that we have found life and that we are working toward an announcement,” Green wrote in an email to Gizmodo. “What we have are missions that we’re going to launch that will look for life.”

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join