It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hermosa Beach Police Department arrests a robbery suspect (MAGA Hat Assault)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Full title had to be truncated due to length limitations: "The Hermosa Beach Police Department arrests a robbery suspect at his residence in Winnetka". Also I added a clarifier of (MAGA Hat assault) to clarify the political reasoning behind the assault.

People need to seriously get a grip on rteality here. Violence like this is totally uncalled for and only lessens your political position. Thank you Maxine Waters for escalating this into a physical confrontation over your lust for power.

On September 2nd 2019 at about 6:40 pm the victim was using the restroom in a downtown Hermosa Beach restaurant. The victim was wearing a red hat with white Russian writing on it. The writing translated to, “Make America Great Again”. The suspect approached the victim in the restroom and questioned him about the meaning of the hat, after which the suspect repeatedly punched the victim in the face causing the victim to fall to the ground. The suspect continued to punch the victim and then stole the victim’s hat and fled.

source

Now, the political affiliations of each of the parties in this incident have not been released. It could very easily be one of two scenarios:

1. The victim is a Trump supporter of Russian descent, an immigrant, or has other ties to that country. The attacker could be Trump-hater incensed over the MAGA slogan being written in Russian due to the political accusations of the impeachment situation now.

2. The victim is a Trump-hater and wore the hat as a political statement that Trump is a Russian puppet as the left continues to push as part of this narrative. The attacker is a Trump supporter incensed at this use of the MAGA slogan and iconic hat as an insult and decided to attack the victim over wearing it.

Without more information, what does ATS think it was?
Me, I don;t care one way or the other, just that regardless of the reason, this type of behavior MUST stop. And as I said, get a grip people. Heated discussion is acceptable, but it should never cross into physical assault.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What about option 3. Trump hater wears MAGA russian hat to "hate" on president, Trump hater get's angry(and misses the point in his neanderthal like reaction) and beats up fellow trump hater.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It is unwise to wear a MAGA hat in Hermosa Beach.

There is a substantial Russian community in the area.

Know your community.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Know your community.

unwise to wear a hat? are you serious. that is exactly the type of thinking that allows this type of criminal behaviour. do you also by chance believe that a women wearing skimpy clothing makes it OK to rape her? would you say she should have known better than to wear such clothing? since that is actually pretty much the same thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Know your community.

What a sad apologist response. This is the United States of America. Wearing clothing that makes a political statement is a part of our free speech. That speech that you do not like is also protected, in fact, that is the main reason for the 1st amendment itself To protect that speech that you may find offensive. Just because it offends you, does not mean it offends everyone.

But, you continue to apologize for the physical attacks upon those you don;t like. I'll defend their right to complain, peacefully protest, and express opinions, I will NOT, however, defend physical acts of violence toward anyone for expressing their opinions.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Lol glock 40 sez I can wear what I want at all times.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Know your community.

Roflmao

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Know your community.

So....... Russian Immigrants who fled Communist Russia to emigrate to America, hate making America Great?

Please do explain that lengthy logic train to me?

I'll wait.........

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Know your community.

So....... Russian Immigrants who fled Communist Russia to emigrate to America, hate making America Great?

I'll wait.........

Please show me where I said that.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Know your community.

Roflmao

I wouldn't go into "Trump Country" wearing a Hillary hat.

Logic is wisdom.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Know your community.

What a sad apologist response. This is the United States of America.

No. It's logical wisdom.

I do participate in political movements.

I do not go out alone with symbols to incite.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Know your community.

Roflmao

Logic is wisdom.

No danger in doing that, is there now. Please show me the number of random public attacks upon Hillary supporters by Trump supporters. I won't hold my breath.

Also, the fact you even think that is a clear indication of your projection of your own hatred and how you and other s would react to a MAGA hat. Just because you folks are willing to act that way does not mean everyone thinks as you do. See, people are not all sheep that follow each other around to fit into the collective.

Put away the hate before it consumes your being.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Know your community.

That's right put the blame on the victim.
A group of us spent last weekend helping a man pack up his house and move. The reason for the move is that he can no longer climb the stairs in his house. Back in April some college "snowflakes" were offended by his United States Marine Corp jacket and hat. They decided to rip them off of him and tear them up because "they offended them". In the process of trying to rip off his jacket, they knocked down a 74 year old man breaking his hip. The local Police Chief and Prosecutor pretty much said "tough sh*t" and didn't even investigate. They didn't want to offend the a$$hats at the local University. The man's grandson was able to remodel his garage into a one level apartment for his grandfather.

"Know your community." Yeah. The community where the Mayor of a nearby City said "If you don't want to be accosted by panhandlers, go to the mall.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Know your community.

Roflmao

Logic is wisdom.

You are safer in #MAGA country than you are around Progressives~

]]]]]]]]]]]

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Lol glock 40 sez I can wear what I want at all times.

I'll see your Glock and raise you a S&W 9mm.

I had a Glock but it never felt "right" in my hands. The S&W is sweet though...

To each his own...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There is something to be said about situational awareness. Like it is probably not a good idea to go around Miami with a Che Guevara shirt there are certainly places it isn't wise to wear MAGA hats.

It isn't right it isn't fair, but it is a fact of life. Exercise situational awareness and be prepared. Cops are too heavy and bulky to put in your pocket so they will always be minutes away when seconds count that is why I recommend a CCW permit and a good pistol for self-protection.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

My first thought was that the victim was a Trump supporter who thought the hat was hilarious. He put himself in harm's way by forgetting that liberals have no sense of humor.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Know your community.

I'll wait.........

Please show me where I said that.

Expain your logic of this:

Know your community.

Why is it dangerous because of a substantial Russian Community there? Are they not green card or naturalized?

Why is it dangerous to wear any political type clothing anywhere in America?

You used to be so Much nicer, Annee. What happened?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Know your community.

I live less than 10 miles from Hermosa - this is the first I've heard of a "substantial" Russian presence. My niece in fact lives there and is an officer in the Hermosa PD. I'm going to check with her and see what she knows about this.

ETA:

The perpetrator, last name "Delgado" was not a local. He was from Winnetka which is waaay out in the San Fernando Valley. So, not local and definitely not Russian. That's two strikes.
edit on 10 2 2019 by underpass61 because: added

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Know your community.

So the party that’s constantly preaching inclusion would not except me if I’m wearing a red hat that IMO supports the betterment of my country? For people that hate the idea of walls they sure seem to build a lot of them around themselves.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join