It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All 10 missiles were disabled

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
As a former missile launch officer at Minot AFB, I can assure you that the launch of nuclear weapons is not a one-man operation regardless that the President is "in command." Without going into a lot of details, I'll say that it's a surprisingly democratic process and it takes a lot of very smart people either agreeing or not to go through with a launch, all the way down to the guys like me holding the keys. We were taught pretty early on in officer training that we're not robots, and if we feel that a decision made by a superior officer is questionable, then we should question it.

Hi Blue Shift, would you please explain to the nice people reading along at home what would have happened in 1968 Cold War USA had an unknown flying object started zapping missile silos resulting in the launch officers on duty suddenly losing the ability to command an entire flight of ICBM’s?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
How do we know if it’s only 1 species of aliens messing with the nukes? In nature it seems that everything needs to balance like hot & cold, light & dark, maybe good & bad aliens. I think to assume they come to be our best friends and to help us is just wrong and dangerous.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I guess I'm more cynical. I've always assumed they were monitoring, because we are closer to traveling beyond our stellar neighborhood, and while they don't want to interfere or directly preemptively attack or disable our weapons, they want to ensure they -can- if needed. We are rather warlike after all, and have WMD. So.. let's just make sure we can turn those suckers off at will if necessary.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Hey anything is possible but leaving political satire aside for infiltration has always been a tried and tested method of military, political and corporate espionage.
To be fair though I think the alien's would have managed to make them look MORE human than those two do.

I am kind of in shock as Boris is a buffoon, he was not voted in by the electorate over here but since our system work's in the way it does the small number of people that are members of the ruling party were able to put him in charge of the country which to be frank is a bit like letting a rabid bull loose in an antique china shop and to be fair I don't think either he or our main opposition leader are fit for the job of ruling Britain, on the one hand in Boris we have a guy that spout's about capitalism and its' virtues yet makes dirty deal's with his American mistress of the hour giving her contracts - probably for favours under the table while he was mayor of London and on the other hand in Jeremy we have an idiot that attended services for terrorists and has already said he would not push the button if it came to a war.

But both of them have good and bad idea's, the same with Trump on your side of the pond he is also a mixed bag of good and bad but then are not all political leaders I suppose.

Really speaking if the alien's are watching with those two in power I suspect it is for entertainment while TV show earth is beamed to there home planets like a bad episode of Big Brother or something.

<< 1  2   >>

join