It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinny Bob Colorized and New Details

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FrvstMaSke

I'm not sure either, years is a bit much depending on how often he worked on it.

better way to phrase the question would be
If you had to guess how many hours he logged making this, how many would it be?

I really want everyone to guess so we can paint a picture of how unexpectedly difficult this level of CGI is. not just time consuming, but artistic skill as well. I think skinny bob looks as real or more real than this model. If bob had hair, it might be easier to tell cgi because the hair on ed is the only dead giveaway. besides the disembodied head of course...

edit: we're on a new page so im gonna post the video again here
www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-10-2019 by BelowBottomPublicity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
@BelowBottomPublicity

the work in that video isn't very much comparable with the skinny bob stuff, from the technical point of view, because the animated Head in that video is much more detailed, it's high resolution and has been rendered with best as possible graphics quality, with a computer with 2008 hardware in it. such fine details where simply not necessary with the skinny bob footage. i even think, skinny bob was not rendered out in best graphics quality. first- it would speed up the rendering time a lot and secondly this was just not necessary, because in the end the footage will be black & white anyway and "crappy" old. the time which the skinny bob creators won because of that, they've probably spent on other details. if you ask me, the skinny bob footage was way more complicated to make, because there's more animation, composing, all those background setups and they needed to take care of so much other things at all costs, that the footage will not be instantly debunked as a hoax! but the question of the hour, how long one needs to make this, just can't be answered.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

When the video is small, its perfectly clear, not blurry at all. It has low resolution sure, but that doesnt make a real person look cgi and it doesnt make make a cgi look real.

You think that Ed is better, I think he is not as good. Close, but not that close.

I guess ill just reveal the answer.

According to the owner, Eds 23 seconds took this skilled artist between 2000-3000 hours to finish. It landed him 4.5 million views and a few high paying commercial jobs. What did the original bob get? Did he hit 500k views yet? A reupload from may 10th has 4 million, more than ivans whole channel. I still think bob looks better than ed.

He also estimated that it would be much more difficult to achieve all of the things in Ivan's videos than it was to create Ed. He believes that a lot of the footage is really there and shot with a real camera. Saying It would take much more time, money, and manpower. Coming from the best CGI artist to comment on the video. Ed is still one of if not the best CG head on youtube. Just like how bob is still the best alien on the internet.

Bob = Real
edit on 25-10-2019 by BelowBottomPublicity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowBottomPublicity
I want everyone to give their best guess.

I saw the answer in the video right off, but I would still say it took him only 2 days.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect
The answer isnt in the video.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowBottomPublicity
I think it said below the vid in the comments that it took over 2,000 hours. I was thinking 2 days because there was not much to it. Or so I thought.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

I dont see that comment anywhere but i didnt look through every one.

Many people including "experts" seem to think as you did. A week, ten days max. But its more like 5 months non-stop no sleep. Which is obviously impossible so i assume this took him over a year. One comment said "this took years" but theres no telling if thats just an assumption.

Either way, Ed should put realistic cgi into perspective. Even though its amazing, the lighting gives away that its fake. Bobs lighting gives away that its real.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The way the alien blinks is what makes me believe its fake. It really sticks out.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Soulece

Thats the reason most people think its real. Certainly the best alien eye animation anyone's ever released.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowBottomPublicity
a reply to: Soulece

Thats the reason most people think its real. Certainly the best alien eye animation anyone's ever released.

nope. this is the main reason why most people know skinny bob is a hoax...me included!
why an Alien should be have eyelids? makes no sense

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FrvstMaSke

i've faked this ufo video with after effects and Cinema 4D

www.youtube.com...

Are you saying that YOU are Evillan and you are posting hoax UFO videos on YouTube?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

why an Alien should be have eyelids? makes no sense

That has nothing to do with determining the authenticity of the video. Do the eye blinks look real? Yes, overtly.

Many people will literally say real life looks like CGI in the right context and this is the perfect context for those people.

You can tell people this is CG youtu.be... and there will be a few people who say they can tell its CG, and may even say "this parts not well done, obvious CGI". Just liks with Skinny Bob. Am I right?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FrvstMaSke

nope. this is the main reason why most people know skinny bob is a hoax...

The blinking is so... blinking OBVIOUS. It immediately sets alarm bells ringing.

The same obviousness and wish-fulfillment of the videos themselves screams 'Hoax!' - all the cliches are there, even a brief alien autopsy clip.

Brilliantly conceived, though, despite the hoary old cliches. I'm still waiting for Simon Pegg to claim responsibility... Come on, Si - own up, man.

edit on 28-10-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
[...] all the cliches are there, even a brief alien autopsy clip.

Despite the relative debatable quality of the video itself, one of the biggest things that make me think it's fake is that it's a Grey Alien. When there are so many other types and shapes and dispositions aliens supposedly running around out there (ask humanoidlord), having them be Greys to me shows a distinct lack of imagination.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
having them be Greys to me shows a distinct lack of imagination.

Which points toward him being real.
Except that he is too darn cute.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

originally posted by: Blue Shift
having them be Greys to me shows a distinct lack of imagination.

Which points toward him being real.
Except that he is too darn cute.

He must have the strongest neck muscles on both Earth and Zeta Reticuli to keep that huge head from dropping down and banging on the table.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
Whistle blowers say that the head of a Grey weighs very little.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Whistle blowers say that the head of a Grey weighs very little.

Well, they ought to know.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thats a common question and here's what I discovered.

This study and an article about it. science.sciencemag.org... www.wired.com...

640 strains of Yeast through 500 generations "arrived at roughly the same evolutionary endpoint regardless of which precise genetic path each strain took."

This article www.sciencefocus.com... and this article www.forbes.com... states "complex multicellular life only evolves where it has access to the boost in energy provided by oxygen reactions." and "in order to get complex life --- mobile, multi-cellular organisms with specialized, differentiated anatomy; you need oxygen."

This article, www.scientificamerican.com... Simon Conway Morris thinks "it's positively likely that aliens would be bipedal primates."

It's impossible to say just How likely it is but the chances may be higher than we thought. Plus I'm not going to ignore all the documents and witnesses that saw a humanoid aliens. Skinny Bob looks like a grey but unique to any depiction before it. The autopsy alien in ivan's first video looks like the traditional grey.
edit on 28-10-2019 by BelowBottomPublicity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hello! Just a nobody who spent the last few hours reading through this thread.

For what it's worth-- which is little up against the evidences the knowledgeable guys have set forth-- I had put these images together a few weeks ago to see how easily a child might fit inside a costume like this. I noted that arm and leg proportions are a bit off...

Just wanted to contribute.
Enjoy.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join