It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinny Bob Colorized and New Details

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowBottomPublicity
What is this supposed to show us though?

The last image may be the saucer (upper right corner) but what's that hula-hoop thing?

I guess that if it's CGI, none of it is a flat rendering, even the parts that don't make any sense. Of course, shifting the perspective point is how we get those 3-D superhero movies in the theaters, so that wouldn't be too surprising. But it's also important how the up-front objects fit into the backgrounds, which if the camera is moving should also be 3-D.

So I don't know. You can see that the wall is behind Skinny Bob, but not far. In the saucer image on the boat (?), you can see the little boat house is 3-D and the saucer is in the sky behind it (assuming it's not moving). The video of the saucer taken from the airplane (I assume) shows that it has depth, but the background is a bit too blurry to pick out much 3-D detail. Dead alien seems to fit into the background, and you get a little depth there also; and you can kind of see that if you were there looking at it, you could perhaps guess that it seems to be about four feet long / tall.

Anyway, it seems like a lot of work to put all this fairly accurate depth information into the images when they only last a few seconds -- and they certainly wouldn't expect somebody like me to pull the video apart to recreate the depth. Makes me think "government."
edit on 17-10-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
It is a unique piece of work for sure.

Thanks for taking the time to find those stills,
It is actually pretty effective in vr goggles and I suggest anyone with a pair to try it.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Not sure what the hell this is supposed to be

That is an eye lense. Basically the Greys wear sunglasses. That is why their eyes are dark/blacked out. Their eyes cannot handle Earth light so they have to wear lenses that pop into each eye socket. Think wireless ear buds.

Your pictures look good. Perhaps you could post the last frame of the first video, the one that starts with the saucer over the house.
edit on 17-10-2019 by spiritualarchitect because: can't spell worth spit

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Your pictures look good. Perhaps you could post the last frame of the first video, the one that starts with the saucer over the house.

This one? There's almost no depth information because the camera didn't move laterally very much. I don't even know what this is supposed to be. Looks like rocks or something. Maybe somebody can do a better job with it than I can.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowBottomPublicity
EDIT: I tried to make the video 3d by putting one side a single frame ahead of the other.
Not bad, I suggest people give this a go as well if they have a VR headset.

Not bad, but for an extended 3-D video you really need two cameras or a camera with two lenses. The goal is to try and simulate looking at it with two eyes, which will give you the illusion of depth. If there's only one camera, the optimum situation would be for it to move approximately 65mm laterally either way within the space of a frame or two, with nothing in the image itself physically moving during that time. You could make a 3-D motion video if, for instance, you had a camera taking a 360 degree panorama, and you lagged one side or another to create the dual image. I was able to find a couple of frames close to each other where the camera moved slightly, and SB didn't move much, or at least not enough to screw with the parallax.

Something to try. I'm an experimenter.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Ill probably play around with it a bit but the 1 frame offset really does work, try it if you have goggles.
Im gonna try 2 frames and see if its better or worse.
As for that one picture in your other comment, I was told it was the alien's crotch but I can't really make it out.

Edit: 2 frames hurts my eyes but its a little better. Shifting the video helps too but my editing program is not very precise.
edit on 17-10-2019 by BelowBottomPublicity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

What VR setup are you rocking? We have a few different pairs at the office to use with a steam console we are partnered with. I've only played a few of the games, despite doing a lot of the video bumpers for them. They have some fun stuff going on. I was going to spend 40 bucks and get one of those VR glasses you can throw your iphone into just to watch 3d movies on my phone. Haven't seen one I liked tho they all seem flimsy.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kobalt7

What VR setup are you rocking?

That's not me, that's BelowBottomPublicity. I'm just cobbling these images together with screen grabs and Photoshop.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
A popular YouTuber "Billschannel" just uploaded this video to facebook a few days ago.
Robert Kiviat on Skinny Bob: facebook.com...
(Edit: apparently it was uploaded on YT in May then the whole series was removed by YT. www.noxinfluencer.com...)
(edit2: original facebook upload www.facebook.com... from May 13, 2019)

Looks like OP uploaded another video too.
Nick Pope on Skinny Bob: youtu.be...

Edit: a reply to: Wayfarer

when I first saw this 8 years ago it looked amateurishly fake

That's a ridiculous statement. If fake, it's still exceptional.
Many people claiming to be CG animators have said what you said but many have also said the opposite.
Even the so-called experts can't agree. It's still a mystery.
edit on 18-10-2019 by BelowBottomPublicity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I worked in computer games as a Production lead managing teams of coders/artists/animators/QA in the late aughts (right around when this was made). I'm at least reasonably familiar with CGI production pipelines, workflows, timeline estimates for similar work, etc.

Even when I first saw this 8 years ago it looked amateurishly fake. All the CGI artists around me agreed even more vociferously.

As for the 250k cost estimate? One of my animation artists said he could have done it himself over the weekends in 2 months. At the time they pointed at details like the jerkiness of motion and the timestamp of various animations as proof of the amateurish attempt (since as animators they were keenly aware of what to you or I would be imperceptible confluences were to their eyes glaring errors in sloppy animation).

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
“Bob Emenegger was the writer with producer Alan Sandler of a 1974 book and TV documentary entitled, UFOs: Past, Present and Future. The book had a sketch of a non-human and egg-shaped disc that allegedly landed near Holloman AFB in New Mexico on April 25, 1964, in a meeting between non-humans and our military and a scientist.
A “Big-Nosed Archqualoid cloned biological entity (CBE) with vertical-pupil-eyes, holding a “communication device” on April 25, 1964, in a meeting with American military and scientist. Source: UFOs: Past, Present and Future by Robert Emenegger © 1974 Alan Sandler Institutional Films, Inc. According to Bob Emenegger, this illustration was made from viewing actual 16mm film frame. There was this large nosed being with vertical pupils and ropey headdress that accompanied grey-skinned Extraterrestrial Biological Entities (EBEs) that have pear-shaped heads and large dark brown eyes. See: 4-Part Earthfiles “Taxonomy of Extraterrestrial Biological Entities (EBEs).”

"During that 1983 dinner, Bob Emenegger suggested that valuable subjects to study to help understand the UFO phenomenon would be Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian histories of ancient Mesopotamia. He also got up from the table and walked to a file cabinet asking Larry and me to join him. Emenegger pulled out a file and showed us a typed letter addressed to Bob from Richard M. Nixon with the embossed White House seal at the top. The handwritten signature was from Nixon. Emenegger pointed out the words “thank you for your discretion on the sensitive matter.” Bob told us the sensitive matter was the 1974 TV documentary and book, UFOs: Past, Present and Future.”

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
One of my animation artists said he could have done it himself over the weekends in 2 months.

Too bad he did not do it because he could have solved the whole issue. But if is that cheap it does give Kobalt less of an excuse.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I don't even know what this is supposed to be.

There is a dark area that goes through the middle of the picture. When you watch the video you will see that the top light area is moving.

The scenes before this are of several naked Greys' lying down. So I think what we are seeing here is a Grey on its back.

The upper right corner is its lower left leg and the brighter area is the bottom of its left foot, heel pointed down. This foot is moving in the video.

Just to the left of the foot (the bright spot) is a dark triangular area. The not so dark area within it, when you watch the video, appears to be a penis. This penis is also moving.

Yep, we might be looking at alien crotch.

Seriously. Watch the video at 45 seconds and see for yourself.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

with the motion capturing technique probably better and faster^^
Skinny Bob's movements look indeed pretty weird and unrealistic to me as well
this i not hard work for a artist.

but no matter what you as a guy with knowledge in 3D & Animation stuff have to say about it, those small-minded Skinny Bob believers will again pull other excuses out of the pockets. but instead of looking on youtube for video tutorials about 3d Modelling, sculpting and animating by themselves, so they can see it with their own eyes what is possible, they rater asking for others who should create a exact copy of it. as if everyone have the same level of skill, as if they use same techniques, software and hardware^^ what if the hoaxers had access to analog hardware such as a real Super 8 camera and a reel-to-reel projector, to make the hoax more authentic? i still believe they used this Hardware in the final stage!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FrvstMaSke

We've never seen better CGI. And whenever we ask you to show us better, you ignore/refuse.

Show me better CGI in 2019. If you can do that, we can discuss why you think it's better and why we think it's worse.
Then show me better CGI in 2011.

Can you see what makes Skinny Bob better than this?
youtu.be...
The lighting, textures, and movements are all inferior to bob.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowBottomPublicity
well so far all the people who work with CGI in this thread seem to think its fake. Calling us so-called experts because we don't agree with you is a little insulting from someone who has literally 0% experience yet still thinks he knows better.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kobalt7

Plenty of analyses from so-called experts claiming this to be real. Im not ignoring your side, there are plenty who say its fake too. Both sides can't be right and neither side can prove it definitively.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer
Good luck! I Broke down every detail that indicated CGI. I've tried to explain it to these 2 and the result is spiritualarchitect wants me to recreate it for free otherwise my words mean nothing to him. And has already stated that even then he wouldn't believe it because technology is better now.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowBottomPublicity

When your watching something that's supposedly proof of an"extraordinary claim" and more then 75% the professionals in the field lean towards it being fake. The answer should be clear.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kobalt7

What bugs me the most is the fact that the professionals in your own COMMUNITY tell you both its fake and you argue with them despite having literally no experience in something they have chosen as a career. All you have contributed to this thread is to drag it out several pages so the posts that detail its obvious flaws are lost.

Do you think if this was real we wouldn't be the loudest people in the room?

edit on 18-10-2019 by kobalt7 because: typo

edit on 18-10-2019 by kobalt7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join