It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinny Bob Colorized and New Details

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Nobody is arguing that the Eiffel Tower doesn't exist.

The Eiffel Tower?

No, I do not believe it is real.

Why should I. Where’s the evidence?

Sure I have seen still photos of it. Sure I have seen moving pictures of it. But we all know those can be faked. Photos do not mean evidence.

Sure I have heard the stories of people seeing it and climbing it. But those are just anecdotal. Those are just eyewitness accounts and as people like to say, eyewitnesses cannot be trusted. All those people could be hallucinating or mistaking it for something it’s not. They could just be wishing it was there when it was not. Because they want to believe it is there.

The Eiffel Tower, sorry, not going to believe it until I have some evidence I can hold in my hand.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

We also haven’t really addressed the financial aspect of this hoax. What did Judy gain? Money? Street cred on the UFO speaking circuit for a minute?

Given the cost of production relative to the payoff this angle has to be explored further.

I see nothing that indicates Judy boy had anything to do with this. If she posted a video, it is not under her name.

I know this Grant Cameron guy claims he emailed her (but how do we know that is true?) and she admitted to being the owner of the video in 2011 (and how do we know that is true?). If she paid big bucks for it she must have never got any money back.

There is a Youtube poster who claims he was in communication with the video up-loader, but he will not give out the name. I think he is talking about Ivan0135.

I will look for that video tomorrow.

edit on 15-10-2019 by spiritualarchitect because: can't spell worth spit

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
The Eiffel Tower, sorry, not going to believe it until I have some evidence I can hold in my hand.

My checklist for stuff for me to believe they exist (and the Eiffel Tower qualifies):

1. Multiple photos or videos of the thing, taken from multiple angles. None of the photographers anonymous.
2. Some kind of physical artifact directly linked to the object with a verified chain of custody.
3. Multiple opinions from independent experts saying that the thing is alien. (Or French, or whatever)
4. Verification from authorities, including skeptics that the conclusions of the experts are accurate.
5. The ability for me to actually see / touch the thing in question to verify that it actually exists.

The more of these the better, but obviously up to a point I may not be able to touch the thing. (I went up on the Eiffel Tower two years ago.) How far does the Skinny Bob video go in this list?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
Has any alien story ever lived up to those expectations?

Some kind of physical artifact directly linked to the object with a verified chain of custody.

You have a physical artifact of the Eiffel tower? with a verified chain of custody?

Multiple opinions from independent experts saying that the thing is alien

You have this? show me.

Verification from authorities, including skeptics that the conclusions of the experts are accurate.

Where did you get all this for the eiffel tower? sounds really difficult.

The ability for me to actually see / touch the thing in question to verify that it actually exists.

Do the moon and sun exist? I wouldn't recommend touching them to verify.
Skinny bob is waiting for you at the eiffel tower, go touch him.
edit on 15-10-2019 by BelowBottomPublicity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If this was real, they would not allow such an astounding video and life changing video to be on youtube.
edit on 15-10-2019 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece
If this was real, they would not allow such an astounding video and life changing video to be on youtube.

The videos multiplied so fast that there was nothing they could do about it. It was seen by thousands of people and if all of the videos were removed after that then it would point toward Bob being real.

This is one thing that points toward it being real.

The first person who posted the video told everyone to re-post it so it would spread and could not be removed without being seen. They did not want the views, which is how YouTubers make their money. They did not want money, they wanted Bob exposed to the world.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Only big youtubers were allowed to monetize back in 2011.

www.technobuffalo.com...

Everyone else had to wait another year before they implemented the partner program for all users.

8 years is a long time, things have changed drastically.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowBottomPublicity
Has any alien story ever lived up to those expectations?

No. That's the point. You can be glib all you want and ask for documentation about the Eiffel Tower existing, but the fact is there has never been an "alien" report that even comes close to having the same level of proof that is relatively easy to come by if the thing in question actually exists.

And again. If you wanted to prove it for yourself, no question, you could personally go to the Eiffel Tower. But if you wanted to prove to me that aliens actually exist, where are you going to send me? Are you going to have me just accept that a scratchy piece of video is proof enough? "Well, that nails it. Beyond all doubts, aliens exist as shown by this odd video. How can I be so absolutely sure? Because it LOOKS real to me!"

So where is the rest of the story? As I like to ask about UFO videos that just cut out, "What happened next?" If it's a lot of hogwash, what happens next is absolutely nothing. Just like with this video. Show me otherwise.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

How can I be so absolutely sure? Because it LOOKS real to me!

Seems to be common with people who think it looks fake. "fake" "so fake" "CGI" "looks fake to me"

you could personally go to the Eiffel Tower.

Being able to personally go somewhere means nothing. You can't goto the sun.

There is no cut and dry answer checklist for what makes something like this real.
We just use our brains and the evidence we have to come to a conclusion.
Do we have video? Yes
Multiple angles? Yes
Is it mostly clear? Yes
Is it shaky? No
Does it look real to a lot of people? Yes
Is there a money trail? No

You should add all of these to your list. The answers are not all black & white.
These attributes are rare for alien videos for a reason. Because most are fake and this is likely real.
edit on 16-10-2019 by BelowBottomPublicity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

These attributes are rare for alien videos for a reason.

Yeah, I know.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
Background of the OP of the video

Here is the video I was referring to:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowBottomPublicity
You left out a few questions:

Have experts reviewed it? Yes
Did they identify any clear signs of manipulation? Yes
Does it match known film projectors? No
Does it match known camcorders? No
Does the sound match the projection? No
Is the aging manufactured? Yes

edit on 16-10-2019 by kobalt7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kobalt7

Did they identify any clear signs of manipulation?

No

Does it match known film projectors?

What do you mean by that?

Does it match known camcorders?

Maybe, there are thousands of camcorders and this could have been recorded in Russia.

Does the sound match the projection?

Yes, actually. It syncs up perfectly with the 12fps of the original upload.

Is the aging manufactured?

If it's an overlay, it's likely an authentic overlay. What you look for is looping and there is none.
As before, you know you can't prove any of this yet you are presenting it as fact. Very disingenuous.

There is no clear sign of foul play. Everything has been explained and counter-explanations are usually less plausible. Such as faking a time-stamp when we were probably never meant to assume the time-stamp was part of the projection. Your inability to see that shows me you don't know what you're talking about. You just want people to believe this is fake.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You just want people to believe this is fake.

Well, you think it's real. What are you going to do about it?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I want to explain it and find the source. Not working to directly change peoples minds, just destroy all the misconceptions about it so we can focus on things that we don't already have a simple explanation for. I Looked heavily for foul play, no significant evidence.

When your goal is to prove it wrong rather than objectively analyze, it clouds your judgement.

edit: joe rogan put it well, shill or not.
www.reddit.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I do not know if it is real, but I know what I am doing about it - I am dreaming about it.

Seriously I wake up last night and I have been dreaming about it. Not about Bob but about the first saucer in Ivan's first video. I'm caught in Phages' whirlpool!

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Really I was thinking the same thing about you, you don't know what your talking about and you want people to believe this is real.

I broke it down pointing to signs of manipulation with facts detailing the signs that are indicative of CGI, I added images to bolster my claims. You refuse to see it.

"If it's an overlay, it's likely an authentic overlay." Any overlay is manipulation and identifying looping is just one of many avenues when deciding whether something is fake. If there is ANY sign of digital manipulation to affect the legitimacy of a clip, the clip becomes suspect, meaning if the timecode is fake it stands to reason than the video is fake. The timecode was added and aged to appear as though it was part of the film not the camcorder. That's a clear sign of manipulation to appear legitimate.

You want proof so badly your willing to turn a blind eye to reason.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

When your goal is to prove it wrong rather than objectively analyze, it clouds your judgement.

I agree. But I think it applies whether you're trying to prove something wrong or whether you're trying to prove something true. It can sometimes be very difficult to recognize when that's happening. And very often a cold, hard review of just the facts without making any assumptions or speculation can be pretty cold and hard. Also very VERY often in the UFO game the stream just dries up without finding out anything definitive or new.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kobalt7

facts detailing the signs that are indicative of CGI, I added images to bolster my claims. You refuse to see it.

Your images were of the timestamp which is already explained and never meant to be interpreted as part of the footage.
0 Facts.

If there is ANY sign of digital manipulation

Agreed, good thing there are none.

meaning if the timecode is fake it stands to reason than the video is fake.

Correct.

The timecode was added and aged to appear as though it was part of the film not the camcorder.

I disagree and it's intention was never stated.
It makes more sense that it's just the digital camera that is obviously not trying to be hidden.

You want proof so badly your willing to turn a blind eye to reason.

I do want proof, but I don't expect it. I simply disagree with you, neither of us can prove our beliefs.
Your timestamp argument has been debunked many times over.
Do you have any evidence showing the film scratch is an overlay?

I agree with you 100%. We know it's a digital camera, that is obvious. Digital cameras have timestamps. Film reels don't.
No need to assume the timestamp is meant to be part of the projection.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The first thing I do is look at these objectively and even I have been fooled by some of the better photos, and there are ufo videos out there that I still think are legit until proven otherwise, I've been hanging out here since 2001/2002 I lurked for years before becoming a member, That changed when I saw people claiming a pic was real that had been debunked before ATS even existed, It had clear strokes that matched a plug-in in photoshop a year after it was released, it was the first brush plugin that incorporated smearing and blurring so it was identified by multiple people right away and eventually a member found the original photo on myspace of all places.

But when it resurfaced the original thread had been gone for so long that few people remembered it despite it being a big deal in the UFO forums (Whitley Strieber Communion movie had just come out and he had paid money for the photo in question). The photo was amazingly detailed and I was impressed by how well it was done, it was the best alien photo to date but it was still a fake. Even then the artist was never found.

There are always going to be fakes that come along like this, The alien autopsy video in the 90s it was medical and special effects professionals that argued it was fake and detailed why everytime It was brought up. They weren't vindicated for a decade until the man who made it finally admitted it was a hoax.

I've seen alot of my favorites debunked over the years and I'm as invested in the truth as anybody here are but as someone who works with video, I know when I see something that isn't right I've got to question it. I've been reading and watching about ufos since I was a little kid It's what made me listen to art bell and read every book on mysteries and UFOs I could find, its what eventually brought me to ATS. It's why I still come here, but I feel in situations like this I have to put my foot down, not as an attack on you or spiritualarchitect or anyone else but because I want us to remain objective in our search for truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join