It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pano of Aeolis Mons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The latest panorama of Aeolis Mons AKA Mount Sharp.

Full Size on Flickr- Large Image

Unfortunately I had to make this image with the MSL MastCam Bayer images. The images there is no publicly available tool (that I can find) to de-Bayer them with correctly. Thanks NASA.

This pano was done quick and dirty. With a lot of time spent, this could be a really great image. Maybe NASA will show it to us soon.

There were 3 frames of each section for the panorama. Stacking them before stitching them helped the image quality a bit.

There is one interesting image that seems to show something flying by. It is only in one of the images so it is not something on the lens. Could be some dirt blowing by? Seems to have motion blur to it. The image ID is 2539ML0133630020805431C00_DXXX.

Full Size on Flickr

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Another beautiful day on Mars.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Perhaps this will assist in some way. I zoomed in 1000%

It looks like the "original" image was taken off of a computer screen.

edit on 1-10-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Nice zoom. Flying bacteria!

That image is straight from NASA. Looks like that because of the Bayer images.

ETA-

Just checked the image that picture came from and it is not on the Bayered image. I de-Bayered it again and it did not show up this time!

Must be a de-Bayer artifact? Strange, not sure what to think. I was using GIMP with the G'MIC plugin for de-Bayering.

edit on 1-10-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Let us not suspect a sanitizing of the image was done. NASA wouldn't do that would they?

The object kinda resembles the F-118 "tic-tac" elongated by a speed blur.
Strange how often aerial objects are being seen on Mars these days, when no birds, balloons, aircraft, kites, Chinese lanterns or hoaxes are supposed to be. 'Course, if some of the ETs visit it also....

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Maybe so. I do see that the effect is part of the image and not added, based on the one you provided. Most certainly can be an after effect. Looking at the original though, it looks like it was taken from a computer screen. It shows "original" on it so not sure if I'm looking at Nasa's image or yours.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: terriertail

lol, I did look at the file modified date and other file data to see if that might be the case. Doesn't seem like the original image changed on my computer since I downloaded it.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Maybe so. I do see that the effect is part of the image and not added, based on the one you provided. Most certainly can be an after effect. Looking at the original though, it looks like it was taken from a computer screen. It shows "original" on it so not sure if I'm looking at Nasa's image or yours.

The NASA original image looks like a gray scale image until you de-Bayer it. Then you get some color but the image quality is crap and it looks like it was shot off a computer screen.

top topics

join